[Star Citizen] Help us test the UOLTT Discord server

Corwin111

Hi everyone.

With some considerable expansions of the Star Citizen universe in the foreseeable future, we are expecting more and more UOLTT members to become active in the game.

We are testing a gaming, voice and text chat service, called Discord. So far, although still new and somewhat scrawny, it seems pretty damn awesome in terms of features and usability!

It may very well replace TeamSpeak as our primary means of communication within the UOLTT Star Citizen Org and then some.

But first we need to know how it handles larger user loads. :)

You can create a Discord account at: https://discordapp.com/ and download the discord app for your preferred platforms (they've pretty much covered everything aside from Windows Phone)

You can also use the browser-based app with a temporary account, by just clicking on the direct link to the UOLTT server: https://discord.gg/0ZFgG6Y9m9w6juh9

Feel free to roam around the channels, talk and text chat among yourselves and test out the functionalities. The more the merrier! :)

will we be using this on Saturday? I must remember to make an account when I get home...

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

ANYONE IN THE LTT FORUMS IS WELCOME TO JOIN!

Me and Corwin wont be on but feel free to test it with your friends and report back

will we be using this on Saturday? I must remember to make an account when I get home...

yep, this will be the choice for CitCon

I would get the title update with everyone welcome.

EDIT- @Corwin111

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Hi everyone.

With some considerable expansions of the Star Citizen universe in the foreseeable future, we are expecting more and more UOLTT members to become active in the game.

We are testing a gaming, voice and text chat service, called Discord. So far, although still new and somewhat scrawny, it seems pretty damn awesome in terms of features and usability!

It may very well replace TeamSpeak as our primary means of communication within the UOLTT Star Citizen Org and then some.

But first we need to know how it handles larger user loads. :)

You can create a Discord account at: https://discordapp.com/ and download the discord app for your preferred platforms (they've pretty much covered everything aside from Windows Phone)

You can also use the browser-based app with a temporary account, by just clicking on the direct link to the UOLTT server: https://discord.gg/0ZFgG6Y9m9w6juh9

Feel free to roam around the channels, talk and text chat among yourselves and test out the functionalities. The more the merrier! :)

NO LINUX SUPPORT? WHAT IS THIS

Anyhow, been using discord for another game for couple weeks, seems really solid. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Me and Corwin wont be on but feel free to test it with your friends and report back

*wakes up* M? What? Where? Oh. 

Are we still going to have the meetup with the shooty shooty bang bang today? the reason I as is because we have my cousins over and they want me to play lol.

Are we still going to have the meetup with the shooty shooty bang bang today? the reason I as is because we have my cousins over and they want me to play lol.

No meet up as we will be watching Citizencon

Hey, just wanted to say I think Discord is a pretty cool comms software, it was pretty robust when we had like 25-30 people in on Saturday both in voice and text chats. Was just wondering whats happening with it and if this is going to be used as our primary comms application or not? :D

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

if I remember correctly, this will be our primarary form of convercaciones replacing teamspeak.

Hey, just wanted to say I think Discord is a pretty cool comms software, it was pretty robust when we had like 25-30 people in on Saturday both in voice and text chats. Was just wondering whats happening with it and if this is going to be used as our primary comms application or not? :D

That said,I have an account, but don't know how to use it :P

if I remember correctly, this will be our primarary form of convercaciones replacing teamspeak.

It'll replace TS if its up to the job and @ixi_your_face agrees, currently someone pays for our TS server and if we can save them money I'm happy.

HOWEVER it is new and there are a few minor features missing ATM plus we haven't stressed tested it fully (seemed fine Saturday tho).

This will ultimately be up to the High Council, but so far it seems to be working pretty smoothly.

Personally, I would like to see a little more flexibility in terms of administration, but so far I am extremely impressed with what these guys have achieved. It is already on par or superior to the alternatives and it is still in its infancy.

That said,I have an account, but don't know how to use it :P

Enter the app with your account on your preferred platform, click the "+" button on the left pane, pick join server and use the UOLTT server link: https://discord.gg/0ZFgG6Y9m9w6juh9

Or alternatively, just click on the link and use the browser app.

Im in the server but Im not hearing anything

Nobody is in the voice chat currently as far as I can see.

I'm at school so I can't check

It went down for about 5 minutes and then went back up. Still, it wouldn't be cool if something like this happens during an op.

It went down for about 5 minutes and then went back up. Still, it wouldn't be cool if something like this happens during an op.

same has happened for TS