my electricity will be shut down for 8 hours.

Wiplive

Drink vodka to forget the most miserable 8 hours of your life.

If he drinks vodka for 8 hours he'll forget for sure.

Go rent a cheap generator for the day, stick it on the deck and hook up your router and computer :D

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Kebab! :D go for it.

THANKS I GOT THE INTERNET. INDEED I GOT PIZZA AND LATER I GOT KEBAB. THANK YOU. I HAVE MY INTERNET. :)))))))))))))) I SURVIVED.

THANKS I GOT THE INTERNET. INDEED I GOT PIZZA AND LATER I GOT KEBAB. THANK YOU. I HAVE MY INTERNET. :)))))))))))))) I SURVIVED.

Great news!  I knew you didn't have to suicide! :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

go outside

EDIT: just realized this was a post from yesterday RIP

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

In the magical days before people had electronic devices to read text off of all day they had books... try reading a book

That is what I do when the power goes out anyways.

Read a book or something.

Or go to a family member's/friend's house if you really can't survive without electronics for only 8 hours... I survived for 2 weeks without internet, surely you can survive for 8 hours without charging your devices. A laptop should last at the very least 3 to 5 hours, more if it's an ultrabook. The phone should last double that. You'll survive.

I agree on the phone thing, Mine lasts from 11AM to about 3AM everyday so surely his should

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

It's too late people he already survived :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Time to get a hobby that doesn't require electricity.

edit

oh, you have power back. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

fap to what? The ceiling fan? That's off? 

Phone.

Any files that may be stored on the laptop.

But thats not what Id to, im *trying* to quit fapping.

Its  not working.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Solar panels and UPS backups. lol

I thought of that, but that would be very expensive for 8 hours :P

I always forget I don't have a gas stove and try to use it. Get stuff ready, get butane lighter, turn around, electric stove top. And it's never nice weather for grilling when power is out

My power goes out several times a year. I do have a generator though. 

Underground power lines ftw

I cant remember the last time we had a power outage :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

We recently found out that the local power company was corrupt and that a number of the outages we experienced a couple years ago were actually intentional to play with the market and cheat for profit

we have underground lines too but they were changing some wires or something. i survived anyways.

Next time this happens, smoke a big fat joint. I guarantee you that you won't care that you have no electricity.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Next time this happens, smoke a big fat joint. I guarantee you that you won't care that you have no electricity.

i dont know where can i get it. i dont live in america.

drug dealers

where to find them?

idk back alleys?  I don't really have any experience at all in this space and suggest you don't try to get any yourself.  Just saying :)

Uh.... what makes you think I live in the USA?

Anyway, I never heard of a country where you couldn't score some gear.

Please keep in mind this was a joke suggestion, and keeping yourself entertained with cannabis is not recommended... if anything, it will put a hole in your wallet.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Go for a long push bike ride, sleep, write, pull your PC apart and clean it, mod you PC's case. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

where to find them?

Compton 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one