Looking for a laptop

Clanscorpia

Hi there,

I've been looking for a laptop and I can't seem to find one that meets what I need to here is my list:

Quad core CPU (A10, i5?)

GPU (Can be APU)

6-8 GB RAM

15'6 screen

500 GB of storage (At least)

I'm willing to pay up to 1250 (Canadian)

Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

MSi notebook?

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

A GPU is not needed it would just be preffered. And if you can find a similarly priced convertable with the same specs that would be awesome. And if you could recommend the name of an MSI notebook EpicJneusje?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

MSI GP60 2QF-1056

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314849&cm_re=960m-_-34-314-849-_-Product

Great laptop for the price. Doesn't look gamey, great specs, great display, quite compact.

People in reviews complaining about temps for some reason, idk why, 90C on a laptop seems okay to me.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314849&cm_re=960m-_-34-314-849-_-Product

Great laptop for the price. Doesn't look gamey, great specs, great display, quite compact.

People in reviews complaining about temps for some reason, idk why, 90C on a laptop seems okay to me.

90c on a laptop is quite hot uknow.

90c on a laptop is quite hot uknow.

Why? Laptop itself doesn't reach 90C, only the tiny die under the heatsink reaches 90C. 

tyrcMUh.png

from Notebookcheck, looks completely normal for a gaming laptop.

RdtRmKN.png

idle is even better, look at how nicely palm rest stays cool.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

OH wut, i heard 90c is really fckn hot for a pc and a laptop

OH wut, i heard 90c is really fckn hot for a pc and a laptop

It's a safe temp for mobile gpu's because they try to push their temps as high as possible when gaming to deliver the performance. It's how GPU boost works, if it sees that it's away from it's thermal limits it overclocks as high as it can and then tries to stay as close as possible to the edge. That's why the person who bought a cooler still saw 98C, it just clocked higher and stayed on 98C.

People probably don't understand that and complain.

Spoiler

Hi there,

I've been looking for a laptop and I can't seem to find one that meets what I need to here is my list:

Quad core CPU (A10, i5?)

GPU (Can be APU)

6-8 GB RAM

15'6 screen

500 GB of storage (At least)

I'm willing to pay up to 1250 (Canadian)

Thanks!

http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(1,275,0)ec

And the specs I recommend.

The total may be a little over budget, but I think it would be worth.

post-221594-0-33961300-1444313982_thumb.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the very quick reply. after doing some research I decided to go with the Acer V15 for the more economic look and for the better graphics processor. I'm expecting to keep this laptop for around 3-4 years. I was just wondering if it was possible to upgrade the battery on the laptop. It says a battery life of 4 hours which isn't very efficient for when I'm on trips. I'm also thinking about doing a little bit of overclocking if it gets slower (which I doubt it will for a while). I'm also wondering if you guys could recommend a good mouse and laptop cooler. And keep bring in the suggestions please! Thanks.

Spoiler

AXIOM

And if the laptops are slightly over priced thats fine, I just dont want $1,750 suggestions

Spoiler

AXIOM

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the very quick reply. after doing some research I decided to go with the Acer V15 for the more economic look and for the better graphics processor. I'm expecting to keep this laptop for around 3-4 years. I was just wondering if it was possible to upgrade the battery on the laptop. It says a battery life of 4 hours which isn't very efficient for when I'm on trips. I'm also thinking about doing a little bit of overclocking if it gets slower (which I doubt it will for a while). I'm also wondering if you guys could recommend a good mouse and laptop cooler. And keep bring in the suggestions please! Thanks.

No, no you can't.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

I was doing a bit of research and I decided that the Aspire V15 isnt right for me and I figured I needed a new list. So here we go.....

Intel quad-core i7

8 GB RAM (At least)

750GB 7200 RPM HDD (At least)

960M 2GB VRAM (At least)

Gigabit / AC WiFi

Economic look (Not to gamery)

Nice keyboard

1080p screen (1440p if possible)

If possible if anyone could recommend a good mouse for <70. I wouldn't mind if it looks gamery.

Thanks guys! And the budget stays the same if possible. A little over is ok.

Spoiler

AXIOM

I was doing a bit of research and I decided that the Aspire V15 isnt right for me and I figured I needed a new list. So here we go.....

Intel quad-core i7

8 GB RAM (At least)

750GB 7200 RPM HDD (At least)

960M 2GB VRAM (At least)

Gigabit / AC WiFi

Economic look (Not to gamery)

Nice keyboard

1080p screen (1440p if possible)

If possible if anyone could recommend a good mouse for <70. I wouldn't mind if it looks gamery.

Thanks guys! And the budget stays the same if possible. A little over is ok.

My suggestion still fits all your requirements. You can change the wireless card in the specs I gave to the Intel 7265 AC for $20 more. The new total would come up to $1352 CAD.

I do like the Eurocom but some other suggestions would be nice.

Spoiler

AXIOM