potential GF troubles..

So I have problem with a girl I really really like. BTW don't mind my bad english, not native lawlzzzz 420Kappa

She is religious, catholic to be exact. And I'm not a strong believer, not really an atheist but I just don't think there is 1 supernatural being that made everything etc. We've been talking for quite a while now and she said that she doesn't think she can have a relationship with someone who's not a believer and doesn't go to church. Obviously, I can't talk about the bible with her, because I don't know the content of it etc.

But I'm really curious, what is it that holds her back? She says she likes me a lot and loves me, but she thinks there will occur a 'wall' between us with no shared emotions.

Please explain me, or at least try, what is it that a catholic person can't have a relationship with someone who's not catholic?

So I have problem with a girl I really really like. BTW don't mind my bad english, not native lawlzzzz 420Kappa

She is religious, catholic to be exact. And I'm not a strong believer, not really an atheist but I just don't think there is 1 supernatural being that made everything etc. We've been talking for quite a while now and she said that she doesn't think she can have a relationship with someone who's not a believer and doesn't go to church. Obviously, I can't talk about the bible with her, because I don't know the content of it etc.

But I'm really curious, what is it that holds her back? She says she likes me a lot and loves me, but she thinks there will occur a 'wall' between us with no shared emotions.

Please explain me, or at least try, what is it that a catholic person can't have a relationship with someone who's not catholic?

well. praise gaben ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

denk dat het meer te maken heeft met de ouders den ik en als ze echt extreem veel van je houd wrm zal ze het dan uitmaken ?

My Rig  i5 4690k/ Msi Gaming 5/Gtx 970/WD Blue 1tb/Corsair H100i/Nzxt Noctis 450

Not Atheist, not believing in supernatural being. Choose one.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If shes so close minded that she cant see past the fact that youre not religious, then she doesent "love" you, its simple as that really. Or she might just look for an excuse to break up with you.

Must be that she is either a very strong believer, or her parents would not approve of it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, he could be a Buddhist :P

because some people still think there is a "right" and a "wrong" way.

if she cant accept small things like religious differences (to me thats a small thing) she's not worth any of your time.

If you care about her just give up, I'm sure you don't need to go to church so you could just tell her that you agree.

Although if you are being forced to play that card you should really think if it's worth.

denk dat het meer te maken heeft met de ouders den ik en als ze echt extreem veel van je houd wrm zal ze het dan uitmaken ?

Please talk English in all threads, that way others can follow the discussion.

For Dutch, please use the Dutch Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/319831-dutch-talk/

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Must be that she is either a very strong believer, or her parents would not approve of it.

youre right :D

My Rig  i5 4690k/ Msi Gaming 5/Gtx 970/WD Blue 1tb/Corsair H100i/Nzxt Noctis 450

agnostic? 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I believe that there's something, just not it's some 'god' 

Or you know, he means there may be more than one supernatural deity.

Brains are awesome for thinking with.

Well, for the rest she's like completely average and normal. Normal school, and she had boyfriends who were atheist before. Do you really think it's her parents? She's grown up..

leave her

people who cant accept other people's differences are not worth wasting your time with

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If shes so close minded that she cant see past the fact that youre not religious, then she doesent "love" you, its simple as that really. Or she might just look for an excuse to break up with you.

We have been hanging out for a couple of weeks. Can it be that it's just too soon?

I believe that there's something, just not it's some 'god' 

If you don't believe in the supernatural, you're an atheist. If there's no deities (no gods), you're an atheist. The term has tons of bad connotations and your girlfriend is likely caught up in them. Many people believe that morality comes from a belief in god and without "the fear of god" you would just be an impulse driven immoral bastard. Religious people hold weird and unjustifiable beliefs (the definition of faith is literally an unjustifiable belief). If she can't talk about things on a rational level and actually convey her misgivings, then she isn't worth your time.

I'm an atheist and I dated someone who got her masters in religion, and is going on to get a PhD in religion (in another state, hence the breakup). It worked well because we were both able to articulate our stances on topics and neither one of us were irrational about the supernatural.

Well, for the rest she's like completely average and normal. Normal school, and she had boyfriends who were atheist before. Do you really think it's her parents? She's grown up..

Well if you say she has had atheist boyfriends before.. But now she's like: "she doesn't think she can have a relationship with someone who's not a believer and doesn't go to church."

I don't know man.. 

She may be trying to convert you to her religion...

RUUUUN DUDE!

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

If you don't believe in the supernatural, you're an atheist. If there's no deities (no gods), you're an atheist. The term has tons of bad connotations and your girlfriend is likely caught up in them. Many people believe that morality comes from a belief in god and without "the fear of god" you would just be an impulse driven immoral bastard. Religious people hold weird and unjustifiable beliefs (the definition of faith is literally an unjustifiable belief). If she can't talk about things on a rational level and actually convey her misgivings, then she isn't worth your time.

I'm an atheist and I dated someone who got her masters in religion, and is going on to get a PhD in religion (in another state, hence the breakup). It worked well because we were both able to articulate our stances on topics and neither one of us were irrational about the supernatural.

I do have the feeling we can talk about everything and that we accept eachother 100%. By the way, a lot of my family members are religious, but I'm just not convinced that 'god' exists, though I have a lot of respect for catholicism. Did you guys seperate bc of her religion?

420 km/h Kappa

Yup

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️