Thread derailed big time :D more opinions needed!

JSG509

What gives you that impression? The Corsair headsets will not come close to the Takstar Pro80.... Maybe if the Corsair were priced at $20-$30, where the price reflects the quality you get from them, Corsair would be viable.

I've had the HS-1 for 4 years now and its previous owner had it for at least a couple of years. That's 6 years on a headset that has been used pretty much on a daily basis and the only faults it has were caused by me (I've thrown them across the room multiple times and most that's ever happened is the cable broke off the in-line controller which was easily fixed by resoldering them to the board).

I've had a Razer headset which died within a couple of month, Sennheiser that snapped like a twig, A4Techs that broke within weeks of buying them.

I'll happily pay the $75 retail price of the Raptor HS40 if they survive for half as much as the HS-1

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Don't get me wrong, if you've had it that long it seems you enjoy the headset, and at the end of the day, that is what matters most.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Philips Fidelio X2

Hey Thanks for the recommendation I like how the Philips Fidelio X2 look over all I think I will give them a try if anything ells I think it would be great starter set for now.  Going to look at more reviews but from I can tell they seem extremely promising. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

But they aren't exceptional or amazing, or hella good.

Well excuse me Mr. "Audio Fan" (I'm kidding)

It depends on your point of reference. I have ATH-M50X, much better than what most people have, so $350 headphones would be awesome. Let's leave it at that :)

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

Well excuse me Mr. "Audio Fan" (I'm kidding)

It depends on your point of reference. I have ATH-M50X, much better than what most people have, so $350 headphones would be awesome. Let's leave it at that :)

Sounds good :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Thanks every one for the feedback I placed an order for the Philips Fidelio X2. From what i can gather they are the sleeper of headphones going unnoticed because the word philips.  Will see what kind of sound I can get out of them with out an AMP.  Should arrive tomorrow 1 day shipping too strong.   

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

Thanks every one for the feedback I placed an order for the Philips Fidelio X2. From what i can gather they are the sleeper of headphones going unnoticed because the word philips.  Will see what kind of sound I can get out of them with out an AMP.  Should arrive tomorrow 1 day shipping too strong.   

Not really, they're well and widely regarded in the audio realm. Good choice.

Not really, they're well and widely regarded in the audio realm. Good choice.

Philips is that brand that quietly makes great products in multiple sectors of the economy, and no one seems to notice.

Well can confirm Philips Fidelios x2 are so comfortable finally comfort blizz!  Any recommendations on an AMP/ Dac I need more power x99 delux on board is not enough! Prefer any desk options budget.......dont worry about it.  

Prefer any desk options budget.......dont worry about it.  

I mean, I could easily recommend the Benchmark Audio DAC2/HGC... But that's a $2K dac/amp... I'm pretty sure that budget does matter for you.

On a more serious note, if you have optical on your motherboard, the SMSL SD793-II is a great option. It's what I use, and it will have more than enough power for your X2. Also, it's a very small package, so if you want to use it on your laptop (although it will need to be plugged into a wall) you totally can, again, as long as your laptop has optical out. Another good option, especially for portability, is the O2. You can toss a couple of 9V batteries in there and have a fully powered portable amp. It's significantly more expensive though, and it's not as pretty of a package. 

Oh, if you're willing to spend what you did on the X2 again, the Schiit magni/modi stack is a great, and very good looking combo (although you could easily get away with using just the magni, assuming that your motherboard doesn't have any glaring issues...

Also, please ignore any suggestions for the Fiio E10k... It's really not worth the money...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, I could easily recommend the Benchmark Audio DAC2/HGC... But that's a $2K dac/amp... I'm pretty sure that budget does matter for you.

On a more serious note, if you have optical on your motherboard, the SMSL SD793-II is a great option. It's what I use, and it will have more than enough power for your X2. Also, it's a very small package, so if you want to use it on your laptop (although it will need to be plugged into a wall) you totally can, again, as long as your laptop has optical out. Another good option, especially for portability, is the O2. You can toss a couple of 9V batteries in there and have a fully powered portable amp. It's significantly more expensive though, and it's not as pretty of a package. 

Oh, if you're willing to spend what you did on the X2 again, the Schiit magni/modi stack is a great, and very good looking combo (although you could easily get away with using just the magni, assuming that your motherboard doesn't have any glaring issues...

Also, please ignore any suggestions for the Fiio E10k... It's really not worth the money...

Hey Thanks I would only spend 2k if I was getting hd800 lol.  Ill check out the Schiit magni/modi I dont really want a portable option or anything with battery's  i dont travel and when in public Im a social person my phone wont even leave my pocket when out in public unlike 90% of the world population.  

Why?

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Hey Thanks I would only spend 2k if I was getting hd800 lol.  Ill check out the Schiit magni/modi I dont really want a portable option or anything with battery's  i dont travel and when in public Im a social person my phone wont even leave my pocket when out in public unlike 90% of the world population.  

Yeah, I have a Modi that should be coming some time in the next week, and I think that will be pretty cool.

Why?

Because the Fiio E10k is the ATH M50X of the DAC/amp world. It's underengineered, and it underperforms for the price. There are FAR better options out there for the price, from companies like SMSL, and such. It just isn't worth recommending at this point.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Yeah, I have a Modi that should be coming some time in the next week, and I think that will be pretty cool.

I'll expect a full report. What are you going to run from it?

I'll expect a full report. What are you going to run from it?

I'll give both USB and Optical a try. I also have a linux box that has RCA coax, so I could give that a go too. 

I'll also have the original Asgard coming, as well as a Vali (I got all in a trade)

And, I just got a pair of ATH A900XLTD in yesterday. I have to say, they are absolutely gorgeous (and they sound amazing, to boot!)

I'll do a report on the headphones this weekend, possibly even tonight, and I'll get some text down for the Schiit gear when I get it. 

Also, new keyboard today!!! (I know, it's not really audio related, but I'm still really excited for it...)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

snip

Schiit magni/modi, Does not come in Black D:    

Will order this weekend and thanks for all your help does far.  As it stands I couldn't imagine getting anything other then the Fidelios and you were the only one to recommend them who knows what I could have gotten.  Also I was thinking of getting a Mod mic and I hear it will also need some sort of external amp because on board makes it sound bad how would I go about getting the mic squared away?  Would I need another amp or something because I dont see how I would hook up the mic to the Magni. 

I'll give both USB and Optical a try. I also have a linux box that has RCA coax, so I could give that a go too. 

I'll also have the original Asgard coming, as well as a Vali (I got all in a trade)

And, I just got a pair of ATH A900XLTD in yesterday. I have to say, they are absolutely gorgeous (and they sound amazing, to boot!)

I'll do a report on the headphones this weekend, possibly even tonight, and I'll get some text down for the Schiit gear when I get it. 

Also, new keyboard today!!! (I know, it's not really audio related, but I'm still really excited for it...)

Cool. I'm interested to hear about Schiit because I'm also considering going that route for my T1 (if I even get anything, since I have the E10).

Will order this weekend and thanks for all your help does far.  As it stands I couldn't imagine getting anything other then the Fidelios and you were the only one to recommend them who knows what I could have gotten.  Also I was thinking of getting a Mod mic and I hear it will also need some sort of external amp because on board makes it sound bad how would I go about getting the mic squared away?  Would I need another amp or something because I dont see how I would hook up the mic to the Magni. 

Honestly, for a mic, you would be better off with a desktop solution. Another option that would be better than the ModMic, if you want to go with a headset style mic, would be the Vmoda boompro. It just plugs into the cable-in on the headphones, and is a much cleaner solution overall.

If you want something in a black finish, you *might* be able to contact Schiit, since they are known to carry black finished products. You could ask really, really nicely, and they might be able to get the magni and modi in black. That being said, you might have to go with one of their higher end offerings, if you want a black finish. Either way, it's worth looking into.

Cool. I'm interested to hear about Schiit because I'm also considering going that route for my T1 (if I even get anything, since I have the E10).

I'll definitely post my impressions! (did you end up getting the second gen T1 then?)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

There are a few black finished Schiit models listed on their website, the Magni and Modi aren't among them. I can guarantee they will not do any more black runs for the forseeable future, as the original black products were a production mistake.

If you want something in a black finish, you *might* be able to contact Schiit, since they are known to carry black finished products. You could ask really, really nicely, and they might be able to get the magni and modi in black. That being said, you might have to go with one of their higher end offerings, if you want a black finish. Either way, it's worth looking into.

I'll definitely post my impressions! (did you end up getting the second gen T1 then?)

I haven't ordered them yet, but I will be shortly.

There are a few black finished Schiit models listed on their website, the Magni and Modi aren't among them. I can guarantee they will not do any more black runs for the forseeable future, as the original black products were a production mistake.

Dang. Well, I mean, you could send the casing in somewhere, and get them re-anodized in whatever color you want...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

So Modi 2 or Modi 2 Uber? Also Yes I was starting to think a desk option would be the way to go.  The Audio Technica ATR2500 are on Massdrop at the moment I might go that route. 

So Modi 2 or Modi 2 Uber? Also Yes I was starting to think a desk option would be the way to go.  The Audio Technica ATR2500 are on Massdrop at the moment I might go that route. 

Depends on whether or not you care about having multiple inputs. If you only care about having a USB input (or optical if you get the optical version), then you're fine with just that. If you want to plug multiple things in, then get the uber version.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Please do a write-up if buying the 2nd gen, I've heard good things but have not auditioned them yet. Hell, I'm still waiting for more money in my audio budget for the HD800 :( I blew my prior budget going for WooAudio product :/

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Please do a write-up if buying the 2nd gen, I've heard good things but have not auditioned them yet. Hell, I'm still waiting for more money in my audio budget for the HD800 :( I blew my prior budget going for WooAudio product :/

I intend to. I'll be comparing them to my DT 880, which hopefully will serve as a good refernce point for people.

I intend to. I'll be comparing them to my DT 880, which hopefully will serve as a good refernce point for people.

But, but... I've never used any beyer products :P

Hey! New SIgnature!