Legacy boot event

ninjajacktantum

when I consulted my motherboard manual as to what my Q-code LED was saying it says legacy boot event. This is my first time turning on my newly built computer. Any idea what it means

when I consulted my motherboard manual as to what my Q-code LED was saying it says legacy boot event. This is my first time turning on my newly built computer. Any idea what it means

Legacy boot is the alternative to UEFI booting, depending on your devices connected, one maybe better than another, but not always applicable,...as far as I know... or recall.

Google both of those for clearer understanding, as its easier to watch a video or read on something thats already been created.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Legacy boot is the alternative to UEFI booting, depending on your devices connected, one maybe better than another, but not always applicable,...as far as I know... or recall.

Google both of those for clearer understanding, as its easier to watch a video or read on something thats already been created.

Tried this but I can't find anything

Tried this but I can't find anything

What motherboard make/model do you have?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Did it actually boot into the OS? A "Legacy Boot Event" means that instead of using UEFI to boot, it's using the older BIOS standard to boot into an operating system. Try booting into the UEFI setup and setting it to UEFI mode.

Did it actually boot into the OS? A "Legacy Boot Event" means that instead of using UEFI to boot, it's using the older BIOS standard to boot into an operating system. Try booting into the UEFI setup and setting it to UEFI mode.

It doesn't display anything on my monitor

Asus maximus vii ranger

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61140-AE-code-legacy-boot-event-Asus-Maximus-VII-ranger/page2

Solution - COPIED/PASTED

"I found a solution for the AE error code in my PC.

Given that the error code is AE - Legacy Boot event, I decided to change my SSD partitioning scheme from MBR to GPT.

(For the ones who don't know, MBR is the old BIOS style partitioning scheme, whereas GPT is the new standard for EFI systems.)

So I booted a EFI Windows installation, pressed Shift+F10 in the first install screen to get a command prompt, called diskpart util and executed clean command on the SSD.

Then, Windows setup created GPT partitions on the SSD and voi-lá: the issue is gone now!!!!

This is my particular case, but you should give it a try if you are using MBR partitions.

Afterall, it was just some hideous incompatibility issue between my SSD latest firmware using MBR partition with my board's latest EFI."

Wish you luck!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61140-AE-code-legacy-boot-event-Asus-Maximus-VII-ranger/page2

Solution - COPIED/PASTED

"I found a solution for the AE error code in my PC.

Given that the error code is AE - Legacy Boot event, I decided to change my SSD partitioning scheme from MBR to GPT.

(For the ones who don't know, MBR is the old BIOS style partitioning scheme, whereas GPT is the new standard for EFI systems.)

So I booted a EFI Windows installation, pressed Shift+F10 in the first install screen to get a command prompt, called diskpart util and executed clean command on the SSD.

Then, Windows setup created GPT partitions on the SSD and voi-lá: the issue is gone now!!!!

This is my particular case, but you should give it a try if you are using MBR partitions.

Afterall, it was just some hideous incompatibility issue between my SSD latest firmware using MBR partition with my board's latest EFI."

Wish you luck!

But hard to do if no display will show on my monitor