Starcraft 2: League and Race!

Edzel Yago

Boom. Let's start this off with an introduction.

1. Race
  2. League
  3. Server
  4. Mouse, keyboard, mousepad (Why?)

I play Terran, I started laddering with the intent of getting better recently and I'm currently Silver on NA. Trying to steal Maru's builds and play styles after Innovation was so easily beaten by him.

I use a Razer Abyssus Mirror and Prime Edition Tt eSPORTS G1. I had gone through a few mice (Razer Ouroboros, M65, the BMW mouse) but they all proved to be too big for my hand to comfortably grip with my fingertips. So I went on a search for small mice and the Abyssus was among the smallest and had a perfect sensor.

I had a conversation earlier about peripherals. China's behind in gaming gear by a decade and their stuff is really cheap. Mechanical is too pricey for that market and they largely still use membrane (or Knucker style). What do you use?

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

When I did play in WoL

Terran

Gold

NA

(at the time) Deatheradder 3.5G edition, Rosewill RK-9000, Razer Kabuto.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Zerg

currently only high gold but only just got back into sc2 ~3 weeks ago after a break since WoL beta

NA

MX518, G110, Goliathus

Would really like to get into casting and maybe starting some low level tourney's here :D

Playing in HoTS:

Terran 

Platinum

NA

logitech g400

Razer Blackwidow TE, blue mx

The blues on this keyboard are way too clacky for me, i used my friends BW ultimate and those blues seem a lot softer, quiter, and just generably more enjoyable to use. Anyhow, i really want to check out some mx Reds if you guys have any suggestions. 

Terran

Silver

North America

Azio Levetron Clicker, HP Voodoo DNA, Steelieries Qck Mini

Started as terran, then twitched to Zerg for a few months then switched back to Terran when HOTS came out.

I am going to get a better keyboard, probably the ducky shine 3 and also a Logitech G500s. The reason I have my current peripherals is because they were cheap for when I first got into PC gaming.

Playing in HoTS:

Terran 

Platinum

NA

logitech g400

Razer Blackwidow TE, blue mx

The blues on this keyboard are way too clacky for me, i used my friends BW ultimate and those blues seem a lot softer, quiter, and just generably more enjoyable to use. Anyhow, i really want to check out some mx Reds if you guys have any suggestions. 

I actually preferred my Razer Blackwidow over my Shine 2 for gaming because even though they're both blues, the Blackwidow was much smoother to type on while still providing that tactile feedback.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

Terran 

Silver this season (gold when I was playing more)

NA (I messed around on Korean a little but there was a lot of delay / lag)

Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 2 (Mx Brown, white LEDs, 108 key)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Pad: Mionix Ensis 320

1. Race
  2. League
  3. Server

I play Terran, I started laddering with the intent of getting better recently and I'm currently Silver on NA. Trying to steal Maru's builds and play styles after Innovation was so easily beaten by him.

I use a Razer Abyssus Mirror and Prime Edition Tt eSPORTS G1. I had gone through a few mice (Razer Ouroboros, M65, the BMW mouse) but they all proved to be too big for my hand to comfortably grip with my fingertips. So I went on a search for small mice and the Abyssus was among the smallest and had a perfect sensor.

I had a conversation earlier about peripherals. China's behind in gaming gear by a decade and their stuff is really cheap. Mechanical is too pricey for that market and they largely still use membrane (or Knucker style). What do you use?

The Razer Abyssus looks like a mouse I would really like but I don't know if I could get use to not having a back and forward button after using both the G500 and G9x.  ...Also don't know if the IR sensor would like my mouse pad.

1. Zerg

2. Sliver 

3. NA

4. G500, CMstorm trigger, Steelseries mouse pad. 

I just use whatever i could get my hands on but i love my G500 :D Might get the G500s. The trigger is my first mechanical keyboard, seems pretty good.  

1) Zerg
2) gold (but i can beat a plat)
3)NA
4 blackwidow and deathadder because they were gifts from my parents for my 18th

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

1. Protoss
  2. Masters/Diamond (depending on the season)
  3. NA
  4. Deathadder, Das, Steelseries mousepad

Not currently playing anymore in favour of DotA 2. 

1. Race
  2. League
  3. Server

1. Race: Terran (Love digging in with tanks)

2. League: None - I don't ladder. Though eventually I may start. Custom games only with friends so far.

3. Server: North America

4. Mouse: Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (You know the one - beige top with grey bottom and mouse wheel, no side buttons) - Shitty mouse but it's very reliable, works well, tracks good, and hasn't died yet. Will replace with either a high-end Logitech, or a Razer Naga 2013 (I think - The one Linus said was the highest end optical you could still get).

5. Keyboard: Logitech G710+ - LOVE IT! First Mechanical keyboard. The brown switches are nice. A tad bit loud typing on, but no overcoming that as I bottom out my keys. The internal rubber O-rings do make it quieter than it otherwise would be.

6. Mousepad: Steelseries Qck (Medium size I think) - Fantastic cloth mouse pad, I've had this thing for years.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1. Terran

2. not ranked yet, still practicing & playing with friends.

3. Europe

4. Razer Abyssus, Razer BlackWidow 2013 and SteelSeries QcK XXL (~45x40cm). 

Mouse:

I've used Logitech G400, G500, G9x, SteelSeries Sensei, CM Storm Xornet, Razer Imperator, Razer Lachesis and I've settled on the Abyssus because of the shape and the sensor. 

Only issues I've had with the Abyssus were the LOD distance & "wobblyness" of the mouse, which were both fixed with adding additional mice feet, which also improved the glide of the mouse.

Keyboard:

I own a Qpad MK-50 (MX red), CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX blue) and a Razer BlackWidow 2013 (MX Blue). 

I use the BlackWidow because of the full layout, MX blue -switches, macro keys are nice for day-to-day operation and the gap between the number keys and F-row is smaller than on the TK (I have small hands).

The only complaints I have about the BlackWidow is that the function keys are slightly offset compared to a standard layout and the stupid font on the default keycaps. I mean, what is this:  http://i.imgur.com/AjSqQ8t.jpg Capital and lower case letters mixed together all over the place.

caps LK, shIFT, cTrL, aLT, enTer, num LK, r, m and just the overall awfulness of the font.

Mousepad:

I'm a low DPI player and like a large mousepad, I used to have some generic 43x34cm mousepad which was really nice and lasted fine for couple of years. Recently I found a XXL sized SteelSeries QcK for ~14€ and bought it. Decent mousepad, could have a bit smoother surface, but it works fine.

Sorry for a long post, but I felt like sharing my opinion and hopefully it's useful for someone.

- Joonikko

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

• 1 month later...

1. Race Zerg

League Gold

Server na/sea

Mouse, keyboard, mousepad (Why?) taipan, isku, goliathus control there are 5 macro key on my keyboard which help me bind uniits and structures. my mouse and mousepad are there because they are good

hellooooooooo

• 4 weeks later...

Protoss, Plat, NA/SEA/KR. HPE tenkeyless cherry MX brown/ Razer Goliathus/ Razer Abysuss i've had the abysuss for around four years and the other two were the cheapest that I could find. 

1. I haven't played since the release of Heart of the Swarm but I do mean to get back into the game, but during Wings of Liberty.

Race: Random

League: Master

Server: SEA and USA

Mouse: At the time was a Roccat Kone[+], since then I have switched to a Razer Taipan. When I picked up the Kone[+] it was for the 6000DPI sensor, and I've subsequently picked up the Taipan for it's even higher sensor. Since I use a finger grip I don't really mind the shape of the mouse too much.

Keyboard: At the time DasKeyboard Professional Silent, because I just love Cherry MX Brown switches on a mechanical keyboard. Also no issues with fast and multiple button presses, I've since adopted the Ducky Shine 3 with Cherry MX Browns, it feels just as solid but has pretty light modes which look really cool.

Mousepad: Roccat Alumic, I swear by this mousepad. It's a hard mousepad that has an aluminium core and coating of some material that mice can just glide off seemlessly. It also looks great and came with a wrist rest for extended gaming sessions. 

1. Race: Protos

League: Bronze

Server: USA

Mouse, keyboard, mousepad (Why?): Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7. Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 Mousepad: Steelseries hard something

Why?: Mouse: Best mouse I had tried in the past, and it works amazing on my steelseries mousepad. Keyboard: Because it had a lot of features i liked and needed for multiple things, not just gaming.

Terran

bronze league :)

NA

Logitech g300

Corsair vengeance k70 reds

random cheap mouse pad. I like corsairs stuff so i bought the keyboard after some reasearch and it is now my favorite keyboard i have used. I got the mouse for my birthday 2 years ago and it works fine Thinking about getting a new one eventually

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Protoss

Silver

NA

Logitech g600

Razer Blackwidow Ulitimate 2013 (modded)

• 2 weeks later...

Protoss
Diamond|Plat

NA|Korea

Razer Naga Molten Edition- I make use of the side numpad for my 6-0 keys as well as my media keys so i can switch song while I play

CM Storm Tk Mx Browns- I use this when I play at night

Das Ultimate Mx Blues- Haven't used this as much in case of emergency glances, I don't always know where i am at

Razer Goliathus Control Edition- Won it at a tourny for coming in 3rd place

CPU: I7-3770K @ 4.5GHz 1.24V CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i in Pull Ram: 2x8GB 1600MHz Mobo: MSI Z77A GD65 SSD's: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro HD's: Hitachi 1TB & Seagate 3TB Case: Fractal Define R4 Pearl Black Window Edition GPU: Msi 660ti 3gb TF3 Optical: LG DVD-RW OS: Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 

Hey guys I'm Jeteroll on HoTS as well feel free to add me or something.

1. Race: Protoss.
  2. League: Silver (bow down).
  3. Server: North America.
  4. Mouse: I used to use a Logitech G9X, then I got a Steelseries Sensei so I could have an extra for my laptop and I have since switched to the Sensei for no other reason but that it is newer. I honestly don't feel any difference between the two mice, they are both nice smaller sizes for my fingertip grip style. The Logitech software was a bit more fluid and reliable, however the Steelseries software is more customizable.
  5. Keyboard: DasKeyboard Professional with Cherry MX blues. This was my first mechanical keyboard and I am loving it so far even though it's not a gaming keyboard. However, I haven't used any other mechanical keyboards so I couldn't tell you what features I am missing out on.

Gear: Logitech G9X | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech Z623 | Das Keyboard Professional MX Blue | 2X ASUS VH242 23.6" | Samsung Galaxy S4 | Sager NP8230

Main PC: Windows 8.1 | NZXT Tempest EVO | FX 6200 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 12 GB Assorted 1333 MHz | Zalman CNPS9500 | MSI 6850 Hawk @ Stock | Rosewill 600W

Home Server: Windows Server 2012 Datacenter | CM HAF-X | Phenom II 925 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 | 8 GB G.SKILL 1866 MHz | Noctua NH-U12P | MSI 7970 TF Boost @ 1200 MHz | Corsair AX 850