Can overclocking damage a monitor?

Can OC damage a montior if I simply would like to try to push my monitor further? Is it like with graficscards: A crash just means---> lower settings, nothing is damaged and try again? Or should I just leave it all together? Anybody has experience with it?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

With any kind of overclocking, risk is involved and damage could ensue from overclocking. Because you are going beyond the specifications of the display, you are taking an automatic risk.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That's not really how overclocking works with graphics cards. It can damage them. 

As for monitors, it can cause issues, such as frame skipping and can potentially damage them, like all overclocking. 

Can OC damage a montior if I simply would like to try to push my monitor further? Is it like with graficscards: A crash just means---> lower settings, nothing is damaged and try again? Or should I just leave it all together? Anybody has experience with it?

Pushing ANY single item past its rated spec has this risk.

Yes.

And No,.. its all part of the testing procedure, if it aint stable, you aint finished tweakin, if it still aint stable, go back to defaults, don't push your luck!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

OK, the question I asked was pretty dumb. Do any of you have experience with overclocking monitors? good or bad.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

pushing things to the limit is the point of getting it lol

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

@GER_T4IGA

There's risks, yes, but it's all bout trial and error. But you gotta be careful and really be particular when messing with a monitor's refresh rate, there can be color issues or the monitor can just outright die if you don't do it right (but, if you do it right that should never happen.)

I overclocked my monitor, but it's not much of an overlclocker- it won't display anything at 80Hz (default is 60Hz.) It's stable at 75Hz with no frame skipping or color issues.

It's kinda like overclocking your CPU- make a new resolution with a higher refresh rate, test it, and if it works go higher. The thing is instead of your computer crashing when you go too high, your monitor won't receive a signal from your GPU, so you'd better have an extra monitor on hand. Small increments are the best.

There's videos online that go into more detail on overclocking your monitor.

EDIT- to answer your original question, YES, it can damage a monitor.. If you do it wrong.

I used to be quite active here.

OK, the question I asked was pretty dumb. Do any of you have experience with overclocking monitors? good or bad.

It's easy with Nvidia's CP (as you have a GTX770) (If it fails, and goes blank it reverts in a few seconds if you don't hit any keys)

With CRU, it's still easy (youtube a guide)

I pushed my panel to 70hz (great for Vsync'd games @ 70fps) from its native 60hz.

My last panel did 75hz from its 60hz default.

JUST MAKE SURE, go slowly, test 65, then 70, then 75, if ANY of those fail, undercut it by 2hz (eg: 68hz if 70 fails) or back to 65hz.

Some dont go far, some dont do any increase at all..

Trial and error.

Take your time.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Current monitors are not analog devices anymore.  They will not die from exceeding specifications.

You have more chance of having the backlight LED's fail from too much voltage than something dying (and that's a different issue).

In the old OLD days, you could blow a transformer or a flyback by exceeding the horizontal capabilities, meaning a part could physically blow up.

Later versions of CRT's would simply cut the signal if you exceeded parameters instead of allowing voltages that could blow up parts, but even THIS could be circumvented and damage could happen under certain conditions or undocumented firmware changes.

Most LCD monitors will not die in this fashion.  The main issue with LCD's failing from overclocking are from parts getting too hot (like that example of a Korean LCD (which uses the same panel as VG248QE, but a completely different scaler chip and firmware) being overclocked to 185hz, needing ACTIVE cooling fan to avoid damage.

More gsync/freesync panels have just spontaneously corrupted and died than anything from overclocking due to defects in the panel itself (look at all those instances Asus ROG Swift dying, and some Benq XL2730Z's dying with the exact same symptoms, and the Benq is a freesync model with a Realtetk hardware scaler).