Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

On 9/21/2020 at 10:27 PM, chaozbandit said:

WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS!?!?!

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

• 1 month later...

roadmap_2020_10_05.jpg

Most excellent news!! Proper DPi to a proper sim

https://www.studio-397.com/2020/10/roadmap-update-october-2020/

JDC is a good team with previous experience in an Oreca 05. DPis have been in other games (GRID, RR3) but theyve always handled a bit wonky.

image.thumb.png.a6c50917ae11ca35485ab9918b779fef.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

- Imola

- Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo

- Improved weather and AI

November 2020

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

• 2 weeks later...

!!!

Can't wait to get back into this after folding month

Might even get around to 3d printing some stuff now that the labs are sorta opened

Folding@Home | BOINC

I really want those track packs, but I also really want a half dozen DLCs I'll barely get to play LOL a bit of catching up now that folding month is over and my GPUs are back in their proper places

Reiza introduced some new GT3 cars and while they work well compared to the other sportscars in the game, they dont handle quite perfectly yet. But who am I to say driving with assists, definitely not as squishy as ACC or as knife edge as RF2. 

One thing I will commend them on is THEY GOT THE SOUND OF A PORSCHE RIGHT. No random high pitched scream in top gear, no flat line pitch. Just proper flat six symphony. Tonally it's similar to the AC 911 RSR mod but not as loud a shriek at the high end, definitely closer to real life. Word of note that this 911, as well as the AMG GT, are pre-evo package cars found in PC1.

Pace wise the Merc feels the slowest out of the bunch so far, maybe I'll get around to testing it more. Didn't know kyalami was in the game but I really want Nords since its supposedly one of the top lazer scanned versions.

Also dang Reiza, love the body motion and suspension travel you can see on cars in the replays!

Folding@Home | BOINC

Well that was fun, testing a couple cars at not-Estoril. Definitely difficult to drive because its so bumpy but its got nice flow once you get around to it.

Of the gt4 cars, the Macca again drives the best despite its loose rear end. Likes to rotate on turn in but you really do need to be smooth on power delivery. The camaro drives like a brute without assists. Actually liked the Cayman a bit but the dampening makes it feel a bit boaty despite being very planted, and theres soooo much wheel gap it's like Im driving a monster truck.

Really wanted to try out either of the Cup cars but there seems to be this bug where they just don't get up to speed at all, or go faster than 100 km/h for some reason.

Macca GT4/GT3 pairing is fun to learn a track; the 720 is noticeably better balanced but I like being able to drive the 570 like a road car. 

Ginetta G58 is one of my favourite prototypes in any game for a not-lmp2. Excellent power and aero, but has the turning circle of a bus. Partly gravitated to the G58 because theres no radicals but I loved it in PC2 as well.

Bring back V10s. Always forget how deceptively fast these things are. Turn in on a dime, drives like a rocketship and brakes stupid short. Taking the last turn flat, with all those bumps, is ??? Can't imagine the porpoising

Also got sent to the shadow realm.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Decided to have a quick go in VR before 20h2 update takes over my pc for the rest of hte night

Some visual glitches in helmet cam with floating textures in some cars

Weird audio bug when you pause or go back into some menus causing headset audio to max out and go static

Maybe its something with the tire model when you go off track but it takes them a long time to recover to optimal traction, not in line with flash heated tires

Not-Estoril, Not-Suzuka, and Jerez are done fairly well in AMS2. For the most part really liking some of the lesser raced European circuits, in a sportscar capacity at least. 

Might hop into R3E sometime to see how the new update is like - excited they redid Laguna Seca but sad that theres some tracks I really want but dont have the dlc for already grrrr

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 2 weeks later...

Spicy roadmap update; slightly delayed rollout through 2021 for obvious reasons.

Spicy spa 

82c36e0cf17f80fd0cb6570b7b579a4ce8d21eff.jpg

Spicy late 90s GT1

00919d2b6028341767c73600e00a9cd354576476.jpg

Holiday present

3bfce1728316b7a559e9b4ee4e44f146a09f1eb3.jpg

aa5d8d4f08578f5ecb2968c5281e978228dd9da2.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1066890/view/2903096023505099595

Folding@Home | BOINC

Bring back V10s and low-drag indycar kits

Folding@Home | BOINC

https://www.iracing.com/bmw-m4-gt3-early-release-coming-to-iracing/

BMWM4GT3-1.jpg

BMWM4GT3-2.jpgBMWM4GT3-5.jpg

Also damn this actually looks really nice...

2020_12_01_BMW_M4_GT3_Landing_Page_8180_final.png2020_12_02_BMW_M4_GT3_Landing_Page_8245_final.png2020_12_02_BMW_M4_GT3_Landing_Page_8281_final.png

https://bmw.fanatec.com/

Too bad since it's built for Podium its gonna cost another organ like the GT3R one I really adore :(

Folding@Home | BOINC

18 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

https://www.iracing.com/bmw-m4-gt3-early-release-coming-to-iracing/

BMWM4GT3-1.jpg

BMWM4GT3-5.jpg

Also damn this actually looks really nice...

https://bmw.fanatec.com/

Too bad since it's built for Podium its gonna cost another organ like the GT3R one I really adore :(

i still cant get over the looks of that thing.... i hope there are aftermarket bumpers that return it to a more typical BMW grille 😂
also the wheel is ... interesting to say the least ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i still cant get over the looks of that thing.... i hope there are aftermarket bumpers that return it to a more typical BMW grille 😂

Prior design has a roadcar replacement but nothin race homolgated

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Prior design has a roadcar replacement but nothin race homolgated

arent they the company that had that sick ass audi coupe/S2 kit? 

2 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

arent they the company that had that sick ass audi coupe/S2 kit? 

They make kits for everything so I wouldnt be surprised lol

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

They make kits for everything so I wouldnt be surprised lol

yes, yes its that company 😂
https://www.prior-design.de/marken/audi/audi-coupe/classic-audi-coupe/

So I was getting back into rf2 and purely by chance checking their website

The car Rockenfeller was working on is now out! 1000hp electric touring car

Looks kinda funky

rF2_RCCO_01-1536x864.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

Side note I just remembered how big dumb RF2s dlc system is; because they are treated as consumable items in the store rather than DLC, you can buy multiples and theres no way to prorate credit. This becomes a problem when you've previously purchased a pack and they release new cars, which they then add to the pack, or they release an entirely new pack with stuff you want but don't want to repurchase duplicates. The only way to see what you've bought is to cross reference what's in your inventory and what you're subscribed to in the workshop.

image.png.ad5ca417f2359b1ec0fd192672daea2c.png

Also because theres no way to add items to wishlist, you can't track when stuff goes on sale. Also I dont think ive ever seen individual content go on sale (I really want the Aston(s)) but I could be wrong on this.

image.thumb.png.94898cb34c41400fa594c8cc08f942eb.png

Oh well I'm still really enjoying the endurance content I already bought and theres some nice mod tracks for north america, but also ME ANGY.

Folding@Home | BOINC

He bacc and he attacc

Folding@Home | BOINC

Good news!! RF2 is getting more content - C8.R inbound, ontop of the already announced Cadillac DPI-V.R, and now a Ligier JS P217 which should give some much needed company to the Oreca 07 (which I'm still getting my head around). Definitely need to get me some more tracks because Sebring is getting kind of stale.

rFactor 2 Ligier JS P217 LMP2

Rf2 Corvette C8.R

Rf2 Corvette C8.R

Also finally got rid of R3E from my drives because my word how is this game still buggy after all these years, and I can't stand that payment model (though I do love the 2015 dtm experience still and would love the 2020 cars)

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 12/6/2020 at 7:15 AM, PandaCopyRight said:

It looks like a Dodge.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 12/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, chaozbandit said:

Side note I just remembered how big dumb RF2s dlc system is; because they are treated as consumable items in the store rather than DLC, you can buy multiples and theres no way to prorate credit. This becomes a problem when you've previously purchased a pack and they release new cars, which they then add to the pack, or they release an entirely new pack with stuff you want but don't want to repurchase duplicates. The only way to see what you've bought is to cross reference what's in your inventory and what you're subscribed to in the workshop.

But R3E though. Basically the only reason I haven't bought it. I just can't be bothered to deal with their bullshit sales model.

In other news BeamNG got a tire physics update. You can now catch slides instead of instantly spinning. Drifting still sucks. And it understeers like crazy.

#Muricaparrotgang

14 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

But R3E though. Basically the only reason I haven't bought it. I just can't be bothered to deal with their bullshit sales model.

In other news BeamNG got a tire physics update. You can now catch slides instead of instantly spinning. Drifting still sucks. And it understeers like crazy.

The only time I bought from their store was 5 years ago when I got a gift card from a PSU rebate that I couldn't use anywhere else, because AmEx. Managed to cash in on a good points bundle and blew it on whatever content was available. Fast forward to now and theres so many new cars that I want, and not that many tracks I can't get elsewhere. Funnily enough I just mentioned this a post or two ago.

But that cup car and 2020 DTM arhhg. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

I just wonder how much they make when people constantly say they won't buy into it because their pricing model is ludicrously dumb. If they just had a complete package for a set price it'd probably sell a lot more.

I completely forgot they had WOW currency. That's even worse. Based on this spreadsheet from 2013 the total price of everything comes out to around $90.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sQPj-PS5LRkpi4p-DZnc8Xi7t21zuc6fr4TyE7LuwCA/edit#gid=0

That's not too bad, why don't they just have a complete edition for $120 or whatever and be done with it?

#Muricaparrotgang

What the hecc how did I miss tihs

14 CAD for three cars is pretty tempting though... (also nurburgring pack is on sale for 50% off too)

Ligier_LMP2_2020_01.jpg

https://www.studio-397.com/2020/12/endurance-bundle-2-dlc-now-available/

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 4 weeks later...

ngl it does look really good (cheaper build quality aside)

Folding@Home | BOINC