Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

2 laps is gimp, 15-20 is where I've found a lot of fun because royally screwing up can set you back pretty bad and it's hard to regain the ground you lost even with that many laps. Plus it really tests you concentration for going that many times around a track without messing up.

There was a massive and i mean massive thread about this Esports situation in Pcars(in pcars forums the thread got banned). generally the admins of servers and league organisers said a race should be 40 minutes or higher with a optimum of 1 hour because the first ten minutes always has craziness, 20 minutes in everyone will settle in, 30 minutes in mistakes will start to occur as concentration may falter for some drivers, 40 minutes into the race drivers start to lose their rhythm and may screw up corners and the final 15 minutes is always filled with all or nothing moves in a last ditch attempt to gain places.

This goes for whatever sim you play, Assetto corsa, Pcars, Rfactor 2 and so on. More then 1 hour is great for endurance but viewership will waver if its too longer, 1 hour provides enough of the phases of endurance. Remember a lot of sim racers arent as conditioned as real drivers so concentration and fatigue effects them more. that being said the VEC or virtual endurance championship is some of the most entertaining stuff ive watched in a while.

Also seriously there needs to be a digital le mans 24 hours which is like officially sponsored or something.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

There was a massive and i mean massive thread about this Esports situation in Pcars(in pcars forums the thread got banned). generally the admins of servers and league organisers said a race should be 40 minutes or higher with a optimum of 1 hour because the first ten minutes always has craziness, 20 minutes in everyone will settle in, 30 minutes in mistakes will start to occur as concentration may falter for some drivers, 40 minutes into the race drivers start to lose their rhythm and may screw up corners and the final 15 minutes is always filled with all or nothing moves in a last ditch attempt to gain places.

This goes for whatever sim you play, Assetto corsa, Pcars, Rfactor 2 and so on. More then 1 hour is great for endurance but viewership will waver if its too longer, 1 hour provides enough of the phases of endurance. Remember a lot of sim racers arent as conditioned as real drivers so concentration and fatigue effects them more. that being said the VEC or virtual endurance championship is some of the most entertaining stuff ive watched in a while.

Also seriously there needs to be a digital le mans 24 hours which is like officially sponsored or something.

Man I would enjoy racing in something like that. With those kinds of rules, it would be perfect enjoyment.

Man I would enjoy racing in something like that. With those kinds of rules, it would be perfect enjoyment.

If we get enough interest here, its definitely something we can facilitate organizing. Something along the lines of the typical iRacing event would be ideal, but for multi-class stuff I think the TGC has it all figured out because of all the endless testing. Multi-class racing (up to 2), x minutes of qualifying, x minutes of racing dependent on race distance and class of cars entered. As for the multi-class aspect, you would have 1 formation lap to separate the two classes based on qualifying lap, then each field calls their own green as the leader passes the start/finish (or some mutually agreed upon corner if the track is very long, like the Nurburgring). Then you would race until the penultimate lap, at which the overall leader calls finish, everybody finishes that lap, and then its an opportunity to record running results, cool-down, and regroup with fellow racers - a well needed break after the typical 50 minute race.

That being said, communication is key in this case, especially with Project CARS as there arent many community tools to assist in setting up your own leagues. Something like teamspeak would be a necessity, as text would just be too slow. Optionally, you could have "spotters" to spectate and call out crashes, if the racers dont call out an incident themselves.

The main issue is: which platform do we carry this out on (either AC or PC), and what would be the ideal race time (to address the fact that not everyone is in North America). Everything else is something we can sort out relatively quickly, be it classes, tracks, assists, pit strategies, etc.

I'd be down to test this @MEC-777 @bcredeur97 @techswede

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@bcredeur97 @chaozbandit @brownninja97 @AlwaysFSX

I would LOVE to do full-length races (used to do this in F1 2013) but I can't always commit to that long of an uninterrupted time block. In F1 2013 I could simply pause the race to go do something I needed to do, for example. Often times I have to get up and do some things around the house, let the dogs out etc. things that "can't wait". So I couldn't do a full length (~50min) event.

Just thinking out loud, here's what I'd propose: 

-10 mins practice

-15 mins qualifying (depending on the track, longer track = give more time)

-20 min race event 

I think this would be a good balance. Drivers can have 2-5 mins between practice, quali and the race to do what they need to do then settle in for the 20 minute main. Nordschliefe is an exception since 20mins would only allow for 3-4 laps or so. Racing on that track would have to be a special event or something. ;)

The other question is when to hold events. The only time I can commit to a race is in the evenings after 9pm EST. I guess we'll have to figure out when is best for everyone and come up with a compromise. 

Teamspeak (or similar) will definitely be a must. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

@bcredeur97 @chaozbandit @brownninja97 @AlwaysFSX

same here! I've done a few ful llength races before (in fact saturday I won in my division a 26 lap race at brands hatch :D with the 100 bullets league that I discovered a while back when looking for people to play with lol) 

Also too the races would have to be on the weekend.. During the week things are more likely to come up and get in the way for me. As far as time goes, evenings or early night works perfectly for me (CST/CDT is my time zone)

Also need to account for lag from players who are spaced out far, it's hard for Americans/Canadians to race Europeans at times, for example. Especially in close situations where every ms of reaction time counts to avoid an incident..

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

yeah races would 100% need to be weekends else id likely be in college or asleep when you guys can drive. My preference is Assetto corsa, Pcars stutters for me and the scraping noise hurts my brain. You would have to tell me in advance but id love to race with you guys.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

@bcredeur97 @chaozbandit @brownninja97 @AlwaysFSX

same here! I've done a few ful llength races before (in fact saturday I won in my division a 26 lap race at brands hatch :D with the 100 bullets league that I discovered a while back when looking for people to play with lol) 

Also too the races would have to be on the weekend.. During the week things are more likely to come up and get in the way for me. As far as time goes, evenings or early night works perfectly for me (CST/CDT is my time zone)

Also need to account for lag from players who are spaced out far, it's hard for Americans/Canadians to race Europeans at times, for example. Especially in close situations where every ms of reaction time counts to avoid an incident..

thought I recognised the name, I won the the race overall but only probably because Bakey wasn't there lol

Derailing a bit from the current discussions; most of you probably already know this, but theres a few pieces of DLC dropping on us in the coming months (ontop of all the new games coming out Nov - I`ll be playing Halo 5 when it comes out)

Assetto Corsa

Following the minor content additions in v1.2, Kunos released details for both the upcoming v1.3 update and the long-awaited Dream Pack 2. This pack again comes with 10 cars, with the price set at 7,99 EUR (~$9 USD, ~$11 CAD). Release date is Oct 8 (< 48 hours!). As with the previous DLCs that gave us the Nurburgring and Zandvoort, DP2 also brings with it a laser scanned version of the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, one of many Grade 1 circuits in the world and infamous for its Formula 1 and Moto GP involvement (both layouts are included). 

- Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole

- Lamborghini Huracan GT3

- Ford GT40 Mk1

- Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003

- Audi R8 Ultra (2014)

- RUF RT12-R (RWD/AWD)

- BMW M4 (F82) Coupe (Standard / Akrapovic Edition)

The SCG is one of those cars that the community has been waiting months for, and along with the Huracan have me excited for this content. Curious as to how the Barcelona track stands up to the existing version available on RaceDepartment.

v1.3 Changelog

Physics

64-bit natively supported and car physics calculated on multi-thread. The physics engine has been reworked to become completely multithreaded: as a result, the driving precision is augmented, the accuracy further improved and the physics solver has enough horsepower to completely resolve any difficult calculations any speed, achieving butter smooth Force Feedback and complete elimination of signal noise and vibrations. We’ll be back with more details on physics updates when the new build will be released next week.

Graphics

2D/3D models, textures, and shaders have been updated and improved, in order to keep the standards reached with the latest content. Now windscreens receive shadows, and a new camera facing feature improves the rendering of 2D/3D objects on track. A first basic support for dynamic objects on tracks has been added as well, and it will be improved in future updates, with the aim to get a more immersive environment.

Sound

Fine tuning and improved algorithms for audio editing: all new cars benefit by use of new techniques of recording and sampling for engines, interiors, and exhaust systems, also thanks to the technical cooperation of Akrapovic. This allows to recreate a more detailed audio trace and the exclusive detail of each car, improving the immersion while driving. Content that are available already in Assetto Corsa will be updated during the process, to bring them to a higher level of realism and in line with the latest quality standards.

Multiplayer

Dedicated server has been optimized in order to improve general stability.
New parameters and features have been added to server configuration, in order to please the requests of gamers who are looking for a more comprehensive online experience.

Project CARS

We already know that there were at least 3 DLCs still to come for 2015 following the Old vs New pack, with the first of them being the Aston Martin DLC. If you follow their instagram page, you'll notice that they've teased a bit of the content that is to come - weeding out the Aston and Mojave teasers, we're left with the posts shown below. Cross-referencing with the existing game files, we know that the ZN6 Toyota GT86 / Scion FR-S are confirmed to be coming in one of the two remaining DLCs. The Asano content (codename: Audi) is also on its way, with the R18 (codename LM11) already here leaving just the RS5 DTM (codeame X4 touring) still unconfirmed, so maybe more tracks in Germany?

Following Justin WIlson's passing, SMS released 3D renders of a Dallara DW12 IndyCar, around the same time frame as previous renders of Mad Mike's 1,200 hp four-rotor MX-5 Miata drift car (first the handbrake, then the central frame / roll cage; confirmation on Mad Mike's profile)

On top of that we have teasers of another coastal track, confirmed to be in Scotland; this again coincides with the announcement of a full track expansion scheduled for November. Ovals have been mentioned for weeks, but there is no evidence to support this beyond the IndyCar.

1462212485075631427.jpg

1462212485180441923.jpg

RIP my wallet.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

thought I recognised the name, I won the the race overall but only probably because Bakey wasn't there lol

Yeah!!! MattyD, how did I not recognize you? Pahahaha

Congrats on the win! Now, how on earth do you set a 1:24 around brands hatch? Pahaha, I never managed better than a 1:26. (Maybe a 1:25 once, I dunno. I ran that track so many times for practice)

Bakey is extremely good though. All you pro racers are. I just don't understand how lol. I feel like no matter how much I practice I can't match you guys lol

Speaking of the league though... The website really needs to be updated. Thinking about asking not3ch if he wants some help.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Yeah!!! MattyD, how did I not recognize you? Pahahaha

Congrats on the win! Now, how on earth do you set a 1:24 around brands hatch? Pahaha, I never managed better than a 1:26. (Maybe a 1:25 once, I dunno. I ran that track so many times for practice)

Bakey is extremely good though. All you pro racers are. I just don't understand how lol. I feel like no matter how much I practice I can't match you guys lol

Speaking of the league though... The website really needs to be updated. Thinking about asking not3ch if he wants some help.

It is up to date now I believe. It's just practice mate. Are you on a wheel? setup has a fair amount to do with it as well. I managed a 1:23 in time trial lol couldn't do it in quali tho :(

It is up to date now I believe. It's just practice mate. Are you on a wheel? setup has a fair amount to do with it as well. I managed a 1:23 in time trial lol couldn't do it in quali tho :(

Oh it is updated! Yay I'm in 4th overall now haha

Yeah I'm using a wheel, just got one last week. Before that I was the guy using an iPad, which worked surprisingly well but I was a lot more error-prone then.

It is probably my car setup holding me back. I mean I have a basic knowledge of what to do with the cars, but GT3 cars I struggle with tuning them. Harder for me to figure out what to do because it's less obvious than it is for road cars or old cars.

Spoiler

Yeah I'm using a wheel, just got one last week. Before that I was the guy using an iPad, which worked surprisingly well but I was a lot more error-prone then.

It is probably my car setup holding me back. I mean I have a basic knowledge of what to do with the cars, but GT3 cars I struggle with tuning them. Harder for me to figure out what to do because it's less obvious than it is for road cars or old cars.

check out this guys videos, may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3UdxTNHrws&list=PL8vLMSxw70-yuJO3dUuwlaV423MOhPUiN

Tony's Racing also does a few in-deptch set up guides on GT3 cars to give you a general idea of what you should be looking at. Of course, everybody's driving style differs so adjust your setup according to how you like it. You should always try setups in free practice where it takes time to warm everything up so you can make sure settings are optimum when you settle into your race pace, then adjust your driving for cold tires / tire wear.

Of course if you are just hotlapping then this is less important, but you know - bad habits.

If you just want to see what setups other people are using, you can check the setup database 

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Folding@Home | BOINC

-Updates and DLC galore-

I wonder if that "Scotland coastal track" will be the Isle of Man... ? That would be OK with me. :D

So much new content coming for both games. Can't wait to try them all out! :) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I wonder if that "Scotland coastal track" will be the Isle of Man... ? That would be OK with me. :D

So much new content coming for both games. Can't wait to try them all out! :)

same here. Except that I need to buy Assetto corsa now that I have a wheel... xD

My wallet... it hurts. Especially since I already budgeted for all of the pCars DLC every month as long as they are under $10 each lol

Spoiler

same here. Except that I need to buy Assetto corsa now that I have a wheel... xD

My wallet... it hurts. Especially since I already budgeted for all of the pCars DLC every month as long as they are under $10 each lol

You could buy two pCars DLC for the price of one AC DLC lol.

@MEC-777 doubt it will be the Isle of Man given that it goes through mountains, but after seeing what they did to Suzuka I wouldn't put it completely off the table. AC Mods has a version up on their site for Assetto Corsa, though I haven't driven it myself (yet; I do have it downloaded, but its so far down the list LOL)

http://acmods.net/tracks/isle-of-man/

This is what I was working on the past few days; I have about 7 more videos to render and upload, but praise university upload speeds! 50/50 unlimited bandwidth consistently

Folding@Home | BOINC

the chances of a AC sale occuring are very high on Thursday with the second dlc coming out. The dlc is £5.74(no discount because its stupid cheap anyways) and i expect the game to be 33% off like when their first dlc came. It still is very expensive but it is worth it. You will get blown away by the mods

Listen if you care.

Yeah I know I will... Haha

I have a friend who has AC. Awesome game. Just not in the game budget atm lol

Spoiler

You could buy two pCars DLC for the price of one AC DLC lol.

@MEC-777 doubt it will be the Isle of Man given that it goes through mountains, but after seeing what they did to Suzuka I wouldn't put it completely off the table. AC Mods has a version up on their site for Assetto Corsa, though I haven't driven it myself (yet; I do have it downloaded, but its so far down the list LOL)

http://acmods.net/tracks/isle-of-man/

This is what I was working on the past few days; I have about 7 more videos to render and upload, but praise university upload speeds! 50/50 unlimited bandwidth consistently

you might want to try Lake louise, it personally is my favourite long track and no not because i spend a stupid amount of time optimizing the ai for 50km of track. 

Listen if you care.

9d1380cb137f9c83362ade85f8e185cd.jpg

So i posted a picture of my lambo huracan which is now a dead project because a beta tester shared it and due to the dlc and now people think im a beta tester. 

Listen if you care.

you might want to try Lake louise, it personally is my favourite long track and no not because i spend a stupid amount of time optimizing the ai for 50km of track. 

I've downloaded ~70 tracks for my copy lol Lake Louise is one of my favourites for sure, totally not biased because its "located" in Canada. The cambered sections are pretty fun, but when you carry a lot of speed and "cut" when you aren't supposed to ... well, I quickly found out that there aren't any barriers to stop you from flying straight into the lake. The Alps is another favourite; transfagarasan gets repetitive but its a good workout.

Theres a few other ones in Spain and Germany that I downloaded but haven't tried.

1462398432008142628.jpg

See? On the list! :)

Edit: just saw your lambo post - that sucks :( Did you model it yourself, or were you just testing it? Kunos is known for buying models from third parties, but if they weren't in contact with anyone for the Huracan it could very well be an in-house product.

Machine Dojo is also working on a Huracan GT3 for Project CARS, if anyone's interested, although they haven't started work on it as of late because they are finishing up the physics on the R8 LMS.

Folding@Home | BOINC

I've downloaded ~70 tracks for my copy lol Lake Louise is one of my favourites for sure, totally not biased because its "located" in Canada. The cambered sections are pretty fun, but when you carry a lot of speed and "cut" when you aren't supposed to ... well, I quickly found out that there aren't any barriers to stop you from flying straight into the lake. The Alps is another favourite; transfagarasan gets repetitive but its a good workout.

Theres a few other ones in Spain and Germany that I downloaded but haven't tried.

See? On the list! :)

Edit: just saw your lambo post - that sucks :( Did you model it yourself, or were you just testing it? Kunos is known for buying models from third parties, but if they weren't in contact with anyone for the Huracan it could very well be an in-house product.

Machine Dojo is also working on a Huracan GT3 for Project CARS, if anyone's interested, although they haven't started work on it as of late because they are finishing up the physics on the R8 LMS.

I am actually in talks with machine dojo because they want this model. We never finished the interior properly, basically got it to the point where you can start driving it to make some physics and around that time it got shared. I just want it to be in a game and to be finished. I modelled the front of the car and my friend(he likes to remain anonymous) modelled the back, this was a new technique we were trying because we wanted to see if it saved time, it did and it ended up pretty nice, aligning took a bit of time but we nearly halved the time we took to make a car. Machine Dojo do want to come to Assetto corsa though, a lot of the members were made of GTR2 modders and they basically want as many people to enjoy the cars as possible.

Listen if you care.

Have you guys ever heard of VRHive??? 

It allows you to track and record Telemtry data inside of pCars. I'm not 100% sure how to use it (get good info that can help me) yet, but I've been checking it out and it's pretty cool. 

(I tried taking a screenshot but for some reason paint is being stupid right now, yes I use paint for screenshots)

here's the site: http://vrhive.co.uk/

Very easy to get it to work, all I did was go into settings first and set it up how I wanted. Then I went into pcars and enabled shared memory. Then after that you hit connect in VRHive and it starts recording everything (also gives you Real-time analysis if you have a second screen to put it on)

Spoiler

Have you guys ever heard of VRHive??? 

It allows you to track and record Telemtry data inside of pCars. I'm not 100% sure how to use it (get good info that can help me) yet, but I've been checking it out and it's pretty cool. 

(I tried taking a screenshot but for some reason paint is being stupid right now, yes I use paint for screenshots)

here's the site: http://vrhive.co.uk/

Very easy to get it to work, all I did was go into settings first and set it up how I wanted. Then I went into pcars and enabled shared memory. Then after that you hit connect in VRHive and it starts recording everything (also gives you Real-time analysis if you have a second screen to put it on)

I haven't heard of VR Hive but definitely something I'll be checking out once my equipment arrives. I had actually already been playing with something else that uses pCars' shared memory: the alternative race engineer!

In its current form, it does talk a tad too much but it is something you can adjust via settings. Being able to call out for specific information is pretty useful, be it fuel, laps, or delta split times, although this is still something you can find yourself if you cycle through the MoTec displays.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users

Added both to useful resources in post #1.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Somehow ive got banned from the Project cars forums, ive not even posted anything there. Quite odd.

Listen if you care.