chaozbandit

Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

6 hours ago, Techicolors said:

just played a little bit. got irritated because audio wasn't working, so i rebooted and worked. but now it crackles - close enough

Unfortunate. I was really hoping that Turn10 and Playground would have their shit together by now. This is what? 4 games now?

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

The physics do some wonky things but the underlying feel is similar enough to the first game that you can find pace pretty quickly. Drives similar to PC2 but the sound engine is a lot better. So far pleasantly surprised!

Short notes: I had my car randomly spin out on a flat piece of track in the middle of a chicane, kerbs will still kill you, the gravel is lava, and I cant for the life of me turn off the assists which is annoying (especially the auto slide recovery)

Seems like the typical AC bullshittery then. Good to know they left all the best parts in.

7 hours ago, Techicolors said:

just played a little bit. got irritated because audio wasn't working, so i rebooted and worked. but now it crackles - close enough

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Unfortunate. I was really hoping that Turn10 and Playground would have their shit together by now. This is what? 4 games now?

Seems like the typical AC bullshittery then. Good to know they left all the best parts in.

i dont understand how people have issues with the demo, i know people where the game crashed for them, you have an audio issue .... i never had an issue with the demo :( 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Zotac GTX1080 AMP! Extreme ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

3 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i dont understand how people have issues with the demo, i know people where the game crashed for them, you have an audio issue .... i never had an issue with the demo :( 

other than that game runs fine. no stutters, very smooth gameplay. the audio really only crackles when there's spoken dialogue 

2 hours ago, Techicolors said:

other than that game runs fine. no stutters, very smooth gameplay. the audio really only crackles when there's spoken dialogue 

as long as it doesnt ruin the driving part ... then its fine i guess? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Zotac GTX1080 AMP! Extreme ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 10/08/2018 at 9:39 PM, PandaCopyRight said:

im with @bcredeur97 on this one ...

the boot is good and the gated shifters is not my cup of tea as well ... but the G shifters feel too light for my liking ... i want it to be more realistic if you know what i mean 

Loaded me onto an older page, and I spotted this.

Did anyone here have a Lightning SST shifter? They were beautiful cnc'd 8-speed shifters, I regret selling my one so badly :$

*** Temporarily demoted to a 'Businessman Gamer' *** 

Lenovo Thinkpad X230t  [docked + eGPU] 
i5 3320m  ~  500gb ssd  ~  16gb  ~  Palit GTX680 4gb  

Posted · Original PosterOP

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE @ 4.5GHz + Corsair H110i GT GPU: 2x AMD R9 290 MB: ASUS Crosshair-V Formula-Z RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1600MHz 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB + Seagate Barracuda 3TB + WD Red 3TB PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 PS

On 9/13/2018 at 10:43 AM, chaozbandit said:

The physics do some wonky things but the underlying feel is similar enough to the first game that you can find pace pretty quickly. Drives similar to PC2 but the sound engine is a lot better. So far pleasantly surprised!

Short notes: I had my car randomly spin out on a flat piece of track in the middle of a chicane, kerbs will still kill you, the gravel is lava, and I cant for the life of me turn off the assists which is annoying (especially the auto slide recovery)

The physics.. somehow after few laps the car handle start to understeer like my FWD sedan. Love the sound, i wonder if they use FMOD with Steam Audio that have RadeonRay support.

The UI is esp main menu is super terrible. You know where can i officially complain? :P

| Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 | MSI B75A-G43 | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | RipjawsX F3 4GB x2 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD| 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | Razer Onza |

11 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

The physics.. somehow after few laps the car handle start to understeer like my FWD sedan. Love the sound, i wonder if they use FMOD with Steam Audio that have RadeonRay support.

The UI is esp main menu is super terrible. You know where can i officially complain? :P

nope the FMOD alone. FMOD is massively powerful more so then steam or radeonray so far but its expensive, just that the original AC didnt utilise it to its full potential for whatever reason(probably time issues). Luckily I have a bit of insight in fmod as the sound engineering students at my uni use it likely because its very popular and powerful but the documentation and support is outstanding comparable with unreal and unity as it has been used in literally thousands of games. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Always forget how strong the ffb on the csw v2 is but man is it fun. Also the v3 pedals are a whole different world to the g27 with tilton pedal faces. The travel is much more granular and there's a much better sense of when you're locking the brakes, especially in the Porsches. 

IMG_20180914_141853_391.jpg

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE @ 4.5GHz + Corsair H110i GT GPU: 2x AMD R9 290 MB: ASUS Crosshair-V Formula-Z RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1600MHz 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB + Seagate Barracuda 3TB + WD Red 3TB PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 PS

15 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Nope. If you complain about anything on their forum Lord Kunos will descend upon you, insult you, and ban you. Wish I was joking. The main menu for AC is terrible too, and a bunch of people asked for the console menu to be ported over.

4 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

nope the FMOD alone. FMOD is massively powerful more so then steam or radeonray so far but its expensive, just that the original AC didnt utilise it to its full potential for whatever reason(probably time issues). Luckily I have a bit of insight in fmod as the sound engineering students at my uni use it likely because its very popular and powerful but the documentation and support is outstanding comparable with unreal and unity as it has been used in literally thousands of games. 

I think they just unsurprisingly didn't know how to use it. Fonsecker got into arguments with them all the time because he'd say how incompetent they were with the audio implementation, which frankly was true.

Has UE4 released it's updated audio engine yet? They were working on actual binaural and 7.1 support but it's been a long time since they demoed it.

gzWizqr.jpgnntsj30.jpgE9ckPCy.jpgiTx28m7.jpg

With the recent QA issues on the McLaren GT3 rim, I'd happily take this instead! 1pls

So Studio397 just released 3 iconic McLaren F1 for free. I took the MP4/13 out for a spin, damn it feels good.. also that eargasm engine sound. Loving it. 

Short video of the machine. I should've test it on F1 track but nah.. green hell 4 lyfe. Where's my downforce?

| Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 | MSI B75A-G43 | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | RipjawsX F3 4GB x2 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD| 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | Razer Onza |