Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

39 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

I really struggle with this though, the foundations of this game are around 15 years old now and are based around a nascar game. The illusive issue of turning right and turning left providing differing levels of grip still exists in iracing. It falls into we have seen this all before category, wow they used data from the real cars, wow so did kunos, reiza, 397, simbin and even polyphony likely did as well. I simply find it too hard to believe that the foundation can be fundamentally changed to the point where cars using technology invented a decade after the creation of the game can be accurately recreated. Furthermore how can I say its realistic when the cars every now and then get updated and have radically different behaviours, that part just leaves me scratching my head.

Kunos went through a similar thing while redoing their tyre model, it went from oh this feels so much better to oh this feels so much better etc etc. 

I dont doubt there is a lot of data used to create these cars and generally the finished products are polished quite nicely however its a stretch for the price especially with the subscription fees on the side. I do however believe the tracks are worth the price. My belief is if they either remove their subscription fees or remove their pricing for the cars then it will be much better but they have no motivation to because nothing hits  their niche, its like not being able to boycott your isp because there is only one isp in your town. 

If they removed the subscription fees then the sim will just turn into another Project Cars or Forza. The biggest appealing factor behind iRacing is the subscription system and the safety rating/iRating, which all three combined mean that I (a subscriber) receive a competitive and fun experience as opposed to always being rammed off the track or losing the race to someone who is 10 seconds faster around the track than I am. 

I enjoy other sims but I feel like iRacing is the only sim out there that lets me race by the hour with equal competition and a strong safety system. Quite frankly, I don't think any other sim out there will be able to achieve quite the same feeling as iRacing without a subscription system or an extremely strict safety system.

In other news I've never wanted a wheel rim as badly as I do now

CSL-E-RMcL-Big_03-1000x666.jpg

CSL-E-RMcL-Big_04-1000x666.jpg

And now I have a sudden hankering to drive the 650S GT3 in PC2... which I don't think I've driven since launch. Or at all in any game since the DLC came out for AC.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

Not sure how many of you still play the first game but somebody compiled a list of 50+ mod cars if anyone's interested. Looks to be a mix of models from PC2, NFSS and AC, or other places. Injected via JSGME still.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/31sbfx1sm8tdxpk/Project+Cars+1+Ultimate+Mod+Pack.rar

Screenshots (partial):

Spoiler

rUyatMe.jpgjchoMao.jpgGx6kBnp.jpgLJOwvLu.jpghgHEumK.jpgyCWhwgp.jpg6P3gOM3.jpgTnTU2Jr.jpgEoHq9q5.jpgLExnNuc.jpguAB0PyE.jpg8gUdY4r.jpgmJRzMeR.jpgxpPaNVg.jpgMn664f6.jpg1EKxDTO.jpgabujY8N.jpgJhnjwlL.jpgrie5sax.jpg1uEdCpQ.jpgeyuZV10.jpgfTZqaUo.jpg2FpfcrB.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Not sure how many of you still play the first game but somebody compiled a list of 50+ mod cars if anyone's interested. Looks to be a mix of models from PC2, NFSS and AC, or other places. Injected via JSGME still.

I got a question with that, How do they do the "Tuner" Cars, just up the numbers in power? Like for the RX7 Tuner what turbo is on it, what point does boost come on, whats the handling mods? Is it going to throw its apex seal in the middle or the end of the race? 

like it just seems a bit much just taking your favourite car and upping the game horsepower to 500 and be like yeah this is what its like in real life. 

I also really wish Pcars 2 had a bigger selection of normal cars. don't get me wrong I love the GT3's and that but sometimes to get closer practice to what I race would be nice :) 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

50 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I got a question with that, How do they do the "Tuner" Cars, just up the numbers in power? Like for the RX7 Tuner what turbo is on it, what point does boost come on, whats the handling mods? Is it going to throw its apex seal in the middle or the end of the race? 

Probably the same as AC for the different stages, but I haven't driven them so I can't confirm.

It's a ruse, the RX7 Tuner is actually NA.

That would be pretty funny actually.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

a95d36fde68b50749e02700d960eb43b.png

Invited the kid to the highschool reunion but shes shy without her make up on. 

For the people that still bother with AC the first part of our super gt pack is coming out tomorrow featuring the Nissan NSX's above from the Blancpain GT series of 2005 to 2006

Working on getting it in pcars 2 but having trouble due to the damage system and physics being total shit to work with. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

50 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

Invited the kid to the highschool reunion but shes shy without her make up on. 

For the people that still bother with AC the first part of our super gt pack is coming out tomorrow featuring the Nissan NSX's above from the Blancpain GT series of 2005 to 2006

Working on getting it in pcars 2 but having trouble due to the damage system and physics being total shit to work with. 

Is she cute tho

Congrats! Been waiting for it for what seems like ages but... Nissan... NSX?

Folding@Home | BOINC

10 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Is she cute tho

Congrats! Been waiting for it for what seems like ages but... Nissan... NSX?

I wanted to see if people actually read what I write, its yes here but no everywhere else i posted it

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

14 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

I wanted to see if people actually read what I write, its yes here but no everywhere else i posted it

i was too lazy to do a reply so hoped someone else will reply xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Folding@Home | BOINC

Ohey somebody made a video on the IER USCC mod! This two car mod pack has been around since the beginning of time and I love both of them. There's something magical about ye old Corvette DP, but it's a shame IER haven't done anything else since.

Would have loved to see the 2015+ car but hey, they have the Red Dragon so I'm ok with this.

CTMP Racefest @ YD Square 2016

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, Technicolors said:

Crew 2 releases on June 29 

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/the-crew-2-launches-june-29.html

still no invites for the beta though 

I got my email for the closed alpha.

Untitled2.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Untitled2.png

the alpha is pretty cool tbh 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 3/17/2018 at 8:27 AM, chaozbandit said:

Let me know how it is , Never played the first one, or the "Need for Speed" one, I'm very hesitant to give EA any money

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

17 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Let me know how it is , Never played the first one, or the "Need for Speed" one, I'm very hesitant to give EA any money

The Crew was a pretty good game, physics were not the best, but game was fun imo

The Crew 2 alpha is better than the 1st game thats for sure :D 

the "need for speed" one? o.O

also that game series is published by Ubisoft not EA ;)

46 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

No time to play unfortunately, but it looks miles better than NFS Payback.

Folding@Home | BOINC

44 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

No time to play unfortunately, but it looks miles better than NFS Payback.

It plays better than the first one, tho ive only played for about half hour

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

So it's been a minute since I've delved into AMS

And oh boy has it been fun. Hands down blows away AC in terms of controller handling and the tire model sits right between AC and PC2 in terms of how progressive the grip builds with temperature. The car selection is pretty small as you can't really tackle the single seaters, but AMS has always been about the touring cars - and now the boxer cup for me. I have an incredibly soft spot in my heart for any 911 Cup car, so this ticks all the right boxes. The distinct straight cut gears with the note of the 3.8L flat six.

On top of that, the ultimate mod pack includes several American tracks that aren't present in any other PC title in what I consider "reasonable" quality. Lime Rock is great, though not as accurate as iRacing for good reason; Barber is a lot of fun; Road Atlanta is leaps and bounds better than forza; Road America and Laguna Seca are on par with the AC mod. Also TIL that VIR is included in the base game free of charge, as if you needed any more the reason to play the game.

As far as Canadian tracks go, all we really have is Montreal. As great as the Mosport 2012 mod is in AC, there still remains no good alternative outside of iRacing unfortunately. As of late I've also really been enjoying the Streets of Toronto 2017 mod on RF2, which while isn't perfect, it's still great to experience racing through Exhibition Place. Bring these two tracks over to AMS, and you will hands down have one of the best hot-lapping games for anyone who is a fan of IMSA racing.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

27 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

ew what is that FOV?