Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

1 hour ago, brownninja97 said:

AC AI is faster then pcars ai if you max the two out however they are seriously slow on the first lap for some reason. I'm not sure why, maybe its trying to get a feel for the track settings before it optimizes its speed.

Thanks, I'll try out AC once I get a wheel b/c I hear that driving requires a wheel to actually be good.

5 hours ago, theninja35 said:

Managed a 1:43:377 on Brands Hatch GP in the G40, which I think is all right. I think I could do it faster if I liked the track and had a wheel.

Which leads me to two questions:

1. Do wheels make you faster or just a smoother driver?

2. Are tuning setups beneficial in most cases? I know in Forza 6 they were basically required to do well, but I don't know if the same applies to PCars.

Also, are the AI in AC easier or harder than PCars at max difficulty?

Having a wheel does not make you faster. It gives you much greater precision than a controller which you can take advantage of. You will probably find that you can set faster times with a wheel but it is possible to be just as fast with a controller.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Anyone remember the glitch that used to be in AC and pcars where you could start early. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

11 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

Anyone remember the glitch that used to be in AC and pcars where you could start early. 

In PCars you can roll forward slowly without getting a penalty. 

Those Ute's look like an absolute blast to race. :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Bit of an update on the PRD races thus far...

Got the G27 working again in time for the second race at Monaco last night. Was an amazing race and things went FAR better than last (retired, finishing P11). I changed a few things in the setup and changed my driving style for this track (which made the biggest difference tbh). Qualified P10 of 12 and finished P7. There was a crash on T1 of L1 where some of the front runners got caught up. I was the last of those who managed to squeak through without damage. Ran a decent pace and kept it consistent. Only made 2 or 3 errors, 2 of which forced me to pit for repairs. Luckily I had enough of a lead over the cars behind me to stay in 7th. Very happy with that finish considering it's Monaco and the skill level of those I'm racing with (I am not worthy, lol). 

Here's the race with commentary. Was streamed to twitch live. If they stream future races live, I'll try to post up the links here ahead of time, if any of you are interested in watching. Skip to 22 minutes in for the race start. :)

Here bonus footage from the second race at Watkins in the rain - first 6 laps of spray, lol. 

(The flickering is not lightning, it's a lighting glitch from the replay)

Screenshots/photo dump:

Spoiler

rael3Ih.jpg

UE2iYYa.jpg

85DZUU2.jpg

My new wallpaper:

ry0fdOD.jpg

Whls5bY.jpg

wGkXzbi.jpg

RPmLcd5.jpg

This is me and Scottmik battling for 5th place on the last lap:

Q9zBV8r.jpg

Last corner...

8XCnpgm.jpg

Was a very close finish. ;)

pCBhvrU.jpg

Shenanigans during practice at Monaco... :P

YCcKXvV.jpg

Parade lap at start of 2nd race at Monaco. I have a new found love for this track now. :)

urSvO6J.jpg

And here's a sneak peak at the car we'll be racing in season 4. ;)

Spoiler

Lr2nt5A.jpg

Next race is at Hockenhiem GP. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

"He's making it out of it barely alive!" Commentary was great. Looks like a huge blast. Good luck on Season 4 with the BMW's.

What I learned in boating school is...

tumblr_ngg6138Q7e1qfr6qbo1_500.png

Open sessions on Project Cars with Formula A's (1) on Monaco with a 24 hour Qualifying time are just a big. Fricken. Mess.

I tried to join, because it looked fun and I thought people would take it seriously.

First turn: two cars in the wall.

Slalom: two cars off to the side

Qualifying times: only one car with a time, 2 hours in.

It was a huge mess, but it was a blast trying to maneuver around everyone. I eventually started my own "Track Day" on the Nordschleife, and I got a few people in-and-out. I had an average of about 10 people at a time, which I thought was all right. People seemed to enjoy it.

11 hours ago, theninja35 said:

"He's making it out of it barely alive!" Commentary was great. Looks like a huge blast. Good luck on Season 4 with the BMW's.

Open sessions on Project Cars with Formula A's (1) on Monaco with a 24 hour Qualifying time are just a big. Fricken. Mess.

I tried to join, because it looked fun and I thought people would take it seriously.

First turn: two cars in the wall.

Slalom: two cars off to the side

Qualifying times: only one car with a time, 2 hours in.

It was a huge mess, but it was a blast trying to maneuver around everyone. I eventually started my own "Track Day" on the Nordschleife, and I got a few people in-and-out. I had an average of about 10 people at a time, which I thought was all right. People seemed to enjoy it.

Thanks. I think I will enjoy the BMW Pro car more so than the Formula Renault's. Racing road cars are more up my ally (what I have actual racing experience with), especially in terms of vehicle setup, which play's a HUGE role in open wheels cars. Setting up open wheel cars is very different as the high levels of downforce dynamically effects the car, depending on speed. What you have to do is find the perfect balance. As I found out at Brands Hatch and Monaco, finding that balance takes A LOT of time, testing and patience. It's been an absolute blast so far though and I'm really enjoying the FR's. Didn't like them much at first, but since learning how to set them up properly, they are a ton of fun. :)

Yeah Monaco is a very special track. If you watched the F1 race there on Sunday morning, you'd have seen some drivers make just one mistake and end their day. Max Verstappen was on a charge to the front, but one little laps in concentration and it was all over. In our race at Monaco, it was by far the quietest of the season thus far in terms of TS chat, as everyone was super-focused. They key to Monaco, I found, was to not push as hard as you can. Just dial it back a bit. Even if it feels like you're braking too early, you're probably not. It's very easy to lock up your wheels, as Daniel Ricciardo found out yesterday, which will only hurt you later on as your tires overheat and wear out. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Thanks. I think I will enjoy the BMW Pro car more so than the Formula Renault's. Racing road cars are more up my ally (what I have actual racing experience with), especially in terms of vehicle setup, which play's a HUGE role in open wheels cars. Setting up open wheel cars is very different as the high levels of downforce dynamically effects the car, depending on speed. What you have to do is find the perfect balance. As I found out at Brands Hatch and Monaco, finding that balance takes A LOT of time, testing and patience. It's been an absolute blast so far though and I'm really enjoying the FR's. Didn't like them much at first, but since learning how to set them up properly, they are a ton of fun. :)

Yeah Monaco is a very special track. If you watched the F1 race there on Sunday morning, you'd have seen some drivers make just one mistake and end their day. Max Verstappen was on a charge to the front, but one little laps in concentration and it was all over. In our race at Monaco, it was by far the quietest of the season thus far in terms of TS chat, as everyone was super-focused. They key to Monaco, I found, was to not push as hard as you can. Just dial it back a bit. Even if it feels like you're braking too early, you're probably not. It's very easy to lock up your wheels, as Daniel Ricciardo found out yesterday, which will only hurt you later on as your tires overheat and wear out. ;) 

It's a good thing PCars doesnt simulate anything beyond suspension failure, because oh boy we'd be in for a world of hurt if they included steering linkages. I feel really bad for Verstappen because he crashed out in qualifying after the slightest brush with a barrier. By the time the front of his floor pan even passed the first apex of the chicane, his front right was already broken and he was going straight into the wall.

Equally so for Jolyon Palmer - he's a superb talent despite rarely turning a wheel because of his test driver role - and when he does get a somewhat competitive car, he crashes at one of the marquee events on the calendar just because of the nature of the track surface and the adverse conditions. Amazing just how quickly you lose control passing over a zebra crossing, where you rear tires just happen to lose enough traction under acceleration. A mighty shame because after seeing his defense a few races ago, and since Monaco is so narrow, he probably would have finished pretty high up given the retirements.

BUT HOW ABOUT MY MAIN MAN ALONSO.

Speaking of Palmers, I'd like to take this moment to send my regards to Andrew Palmer & family after the incident in Pirelli World Challenge last weekend at Lime Rock Park. The De La Torre V12 Vantage GT3 was stationary in the Turn 1 runoff when Palmer's Bentley lost control and plowed into the Aston, catapaulting the car up and over the fencing and into the trees. There is no update on his condition other than he sustained a head injury, and from the various eye-witness accounts at the track it was a drivers side impact. Both drivers were airlifted to the hospital immediately.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I dont normally recommend going on this site but this was just fucking fantastic

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/05/30/lives-in-singapore/

Ian bell himself went on PRC and butchered the hell out of their posters 

that was fantastic. great start to the morning. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Testing well under way for tonight's PRD race at Hockenhiem. Weather reports are looking like we will start the race in the dry and end in the wet. Refined my wet setup last night, pretty well. But now have to do further testing with the wet setup on slicks to see if it's good enough for decent pace. Don't really want to compromise on the wet setup as you need all the help/grip/stability you can get or your pace will just suffer far too much. 

Regardless, looks like we'll all be making at least one stop for switching tires. Going to be interesting... ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

out of curiosity is anyone gonna be watching le mans. im taking time off work and ill likely be setting up a teamspeak channel for it. 

Listen if you care.

13 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

out of curiosity is anyone gonna be watching le mans. im taking time off work and ill likely be setting up a teamspeak channel for it. 

Im gonna try to catch bits and pieces of it, but I'll be at Mosport again for the Historic GP. Last year there was an Audi R8 LMP1 and I really don't want to miss it again.

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

last time i watched it was Simonsen's fatal accident. think it was 2013? not that i became disgusted by the event after that. more like i was too lazy to tune in lol. 

Might finally check in this year. but honestly it doesn't beat actually being there. 

3 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

Will try to watch as much as I can. Post up the TS info so I can jump in/out. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

ok ill post a link here once i get the slots and stuff secured.

Listen if you care.

So I've got back into skinning now that exams are over and this guy, i dont know how he made assetto corsa look this great especially with my skin

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Listen if you care.

54 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

So I've got back into skinning now that exams are over and this guy, i dont know how he made assetto corsa look this great especially with my skin

[IMG]

Is that the Ridox Supra? Been a while since I looked into mk4 models, but it does look very well done. I still cant for the life of me get the photo mode working as well as I would shoot in real life.

Folding@Home | BOINC

16 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Is that the Ridox Supra? Been a while since I looked into mk4 models, but it does look very well done. I still cant for the life of me get the photo mode working as well as I would shoot in real life.

Yes, its one of the step versions dubbed timeattack supra. It came in the japanese dlc pack. Naturally with all teh JGTC fandom behind it everyone their mothers began skinning it. 

Listen if you care.

3 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

Yes, its one of the step versions dubbed timeattack supra. It came in the japanese dlc pack. Naturally with all teh JGTC fandom behind it everyone their mothers began skinning it. 

Oh right, forgot the JDM pack was a thing. Ive completely been out of the loop with sim racing ever since show season started, and I've been going through a thousand photos a week LOL which explains the lack of content from me.

I have yet to drive any of the new AC cars :/ Curious how the kunos does stack up to some of the third party mods tho.

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

Beautiful! :) 

Thanks for reminding me. I bought that DLC pack but still haven't played the game since, lol. Too busy with the PRD league. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

And this is how your race gets ended in 1 second. First race this week at Hockenhiem. 5-6 cars bunched up on the sharp left-hand turn after the hairpin and we all "accordioned" into each other. I took suspension damage but tried to drive on with it to make it to my first pit stop, but the damage caused me to crash a few laps later causing even more damage. And that was it for me. Finished P10 of 11 (one guy retired). :/

But this is why we do 2 races at each track per week and take the best result of the 2. Will see what happens on Saturday. This is racing and that's the way it goes sometimes. I'm learning a lot (the hard way), but learning none-the-less. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Beautiful! :) 

Thanks for reminding me. I bought that DLC pack but still haven't played the game since, lol. Too busy with the PRD league. 

Yeah i can understand where you are coming from, once i got into modding i shut off so many other games. Well i did have a minor spat with pcars because the ai was being naughty but its crazy how quickly you can be removed from the loop

Listen if you care.