Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Shoulda specified in the rules thooooooo

congrats on 3,000 posts!

oh it was specified in my rules, I specifically said:

Cayenne Turbo S on the Nordschleife

:P

thanks

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, carguy86 said:

you didnt tell me not to use a different car.

LinusCheatTips

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Cayman Turbo S on the Nordschleife

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Cayenne Turbo S on the Nordschleife

thanks

but you didnt specificaly say dont use anything else than a cayenne turbo s

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, carguy86 said:

but you didnt specificaly say dont use anything else than a cayenne turbo s

It's kind of implied when you're given a car/track combo tho

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

It's kind of implied when you're given a car/track combo tho

no, that is suggested, audi r8 at nordschleife could still mean id take a cadillac limo to spa.

:ph34r: definitely not defending myself :ph34r:

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Speaking of Porsche's I noticed the neighbor's had a visitor

Totally not spying on the neighbor's xD

image.jpeg

Spoiler

@bcredeur97 took my cayman on the nurburgring - its actually pretty fun

Assetto Corsa Launcher 2016-12-10 6_54_11 PM.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

nice shift sounds. also audio is crackling for me

it seems like you're using a controller. what settings are you using? 

4 hours ago, Technicolors said:

nice shift sounds. also audio is crackling for me

it seems like you're using a controller. what settings are you using? 

A controller because I dont have my wheel with me. 

Whatever controller profile that wasnt twitchy, I dont remember.

Folding@Home | BOINC

@bcredeur97 

51.922 default setup

Assetto Corsa Launcher 2016-12-11 3_34_54 AM.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

Also also ICYMI Thrustmaster released a new wheel: The Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer

As you can imagine, this new base is targeted for the upper end of sim racers in the PC space and will not work for console users. It features a new 40W motor which promises stronger and better performing FFB, especially under stall conditions. It can be used with any of the existing Thrustmaster ecosystem of products (pedals, wheel rims, shifters) and will ship with the same drivers as any other current product.

Pricing is $499 USD, which undercuts the Fanatec CSW V2 quite a bit once you consider the accessories.

Unfortunately for me its insanely expensive up here and I'm better off saving up to go straight to DD, though my financial priorities are less with sim racing nowadays. :(

Folding@Home | BOINC

13 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Also also ICYMI Thrustmaster released a new wheel: The Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer

As you can imagine, this new base is targeted for the upper end of sim racers in the PC space and will not work for console users. It features a new 40W motor which promises stronger and better performing FFB, especially under stall conditions. It can be used with any of the existing Thrustmaster ecosystem of products (pedals, wheel rims, shifters) and will ship with the same drivers as any other current product.

Pricing is $499 USD, which undercuts the Fanatec CSW V2 quite a bit once you consider the accessories.

Unfortunately for me its insanely expensive up here and I'm better off saving up to go straight to DD, though my financial priorities are less with sim racing nowadays. :(

They released it too late. I've already decided on the Fanatec but had they released it two weeks ago I would have gone with that instead. It's good for last minute shoppers I suppose, and I'm sure their marketing department knows more than I do, but they've lost my money.

Oh how Ive missed playing burnout paradise

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Oh how Ive missed playing burnout paradise

I know the feel, but there are so many other games in my library I dont have time to get back to it. :(

burnout.png

Gonna hop back into RF2 over the break.

Folding@Home | BOINC

12 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

A controller because I dont have my wheel with me. 

Whatever controller profile that wasnt twitchy, I dont remember.

i'm trying out my own profile but it feels too twitchy. hard to catch the rear 

So... with the latest AMD drivers out now, I decided to give ReLive a shot as an alternative to Xbox Game DVR.

relive.png

Now that it is built into the driver itself and not something done through Raptr, the overall experience of recording and general ease of use is quite pleasant. The caveat emptor being your hardware is up to the task. In my quick hour or sos worth of testing I discovered that ReLive doesn't behave nicely with multi-GPU setups and would much rather function with a single strong card, or one of the two cards disabled. There's also a few odd bugs like how changing the recording resolution will not affect the output file (I could only get it to output 1080p despite setting it to 720/2560p), and how in multi-window games the UI stutters a lot.

The UI itself is pretty slick and minimalistic - if you dont want to use the hotkeys, you can bring up a simple toolbar that covers simple functions like settings, screenshot, record, and replay (something that we've seen in Game DVR prior). Ontop of that, you can choose to overlay your own custom graphics should you choose to do so. Compared to Game DVR, the bitrate definitely is less variable with ReLive provided you can keep the frames up to avoid that stutter.

Naturally the first game I fired up was Assetto Corsa, something I've been frequenting with Game DVR as I don't have my wheel with me atm and CBA to set up my usual OBS suite. with the game locked at 1080p high and 60 FPS, the overall experience is very smooth; the quality is there, there isnt much explicit downsampling, it all appears very fluid. Aside from the noticeable 1-2 fps dip (as ReLive uses GPU power instead of CPU power to encode), I really don't have any complaints and would happily continue using it over Game DVR - but the thing is, Assetto Corsa is only running on one card (because Kunos never bothered to implement multi-GPU code).

But what happens when you throw it into a game that supports two or more GPUs?

Project CARS, for example, was not one that agreed with ReLive. With the recording off, I could get my usual 40-50 fps on 1080p ultra settings just fine. Turn it on, and it stutters every half a minute, occasionally locking up the system and suddenly teleporting the car (in short: freeze frame, but audio still live). Changing the ingame settings seemed to help reduce the frequency, but I could never get in one solid, disturbance free lap with the IndyCar and I sure as heck wasnt about to waste time with a different combo. No attempts at changing the CF profile in Crimson did anything either, although default did perform better than AFR Friendly, and 1x1 was the worst.

Naturally I moved onto the only other game in my library, that being Automobilista - hoping that the less intensive engine would fair better. I guess in a way it did - settings turned down to 1080p high and again locked to 60 fps, there was still stuttering but much less frequent than pCars. I did however notice drastic downsampling as I was driving, particularly during any "intense" moments as reflected in the clip. To my knowledge, AMS works properly with CF enabled but until I do further testing with the single card, I will keep this tabulated as an anomaly.

AMS and RF2 are up on the docket for revisits with lower graphical fidelity after the winter break, but as of now I figure I'll keep ReLive around for quick pick-up games.

I was hoping to test Forza but... oh well.

forza.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

51 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

-snipity do-

Quite the analysis. Sounds like it's very much similar to shadowplay which has pretty much zero performance impact. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

17 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Quite the analysis. Sounds like it's very much similar to shadowplay which has pretty much zero performance impact. ;) 

Shadowplay is still better, but hey at least its something

Folding@Home | BOINC

ReLive does not work with FM6 Apex.

Wow I forgot just how little content was in this game...

Folding@Home | BOINC

trying to decide between a new gpu or a wheel/setup. Always bad with decisions, any recommendations? 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

trying to decide between a new gpu or a wheel/setup. Always bad with decisions, any recommendations? 

Budget?

I'd definitely go with a GPU tho. This coming from someone who had SLI 780s for a while.

Folding@Home | BOINC

11 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Budget?

I'd definitely go with a GPU tho. This coming from someone who had SLI 780s for a while.

the max I would want to spend is 700 (for a whole racing setup) 

Edit: have my eyes on the evga ftw 1080, still haven't done enough research into racing setups yet to decide which one.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

The mid-pack battle rages on... 6 of us at each other throats every week. The tension is real, lol. :P 

2016-12-12-11_45_15-microsoft-excel-standings-final

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

8 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

The mid-pack battle rages on... 6 of us at each other throats every week. The tension is real, lol. :P 

2016-12-12-11_45_15-microsoft-excel-standings-final

13 UNLUCKY NUMBER, YOU FIX NOW.

Folding@Home | BOINC