i have a question about my warranty and XMP

so i've been running my pc ram at 1600mhz and the ram is rated for 1866mhz so i want to get the ram at that speed i asked on another support forum (toms hardware) and i have to enable xmp to get it. my question is will this void my warranty? i have the intel i7 4790k with the asus maximus hero vii. i have a microcenter 2 year replacement on the processor. factory on the motherboard. i read that i can cover it with the Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan. or am i already covered because i have a k series or is it covered by the factory or microcenter warranty? is it worth the $25 for the plan? or do i need it?

this is what i asked on tom's hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2815446/run-1866mhz-ram-setup.html

nope

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you want protection for overclocking, you will need to get the Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan. Warranties offered by Intel and MicroCenter do not cover overclocking.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you want protection for overclocking, you will need to get the Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan. Warranties offered by Intel and MicroCenter do not cover overclocking.

not planing on OC at this time. might in the future (if needed).

not planing on OC at this time. might in the future (if needed).

If you want a guaranteed cushion in case you kill your CPU overclocking, by all means get the plan. But investing in it now might be worthless.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have had MB's fail and ram fail.In 20 years I have never seen a cpu fail.

My next build I plan on getting the plan on the MB only since it is usually allot cheaper then on the cpu.

On the 6350 combo I am looking at the 3 year plan on the MB is 5 bucks but on the 6350 it is 40 bucks!

On my A10 system My 2133 evga overclocking dram showed up as 1600. I just manually set the voltage to 1.6 from 1.5 and speed to 2133 without the xmp stuff. If I read the manual I would have found out that I had to press the + and - key to adjust these values instead like a moron I kept clicking on it with my mouse wondering what was wrong. Oh well:)

Hope this helps