Need help choosing stylus

Stingray93
Go to solution Solved by Akiyo,

Just FYI - according to the spec sheets, your laptop uses a capacitive touch screen, so stylus that will work with the screen are limited to those capacitive stylus only, which really more mimics the tip of your finger than a pen,and more often that not its tip is a fat rubbery tip about the size of your pinky finger tip, you wont be getting the precision of a proper pen that have a special digitizer layer on the screen itself (Wacom, Samsung's S Pen).

But if you are just looking for something that will work, "Capacitive Stylus" is the type you are looking for, $3~$15 or so at most stores with digital product/online shop/amazon.

(It is incredibly pointless though.)

I recent bought the Lenovo Yoga 3

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-2---1-Touch-Screen-Laptop/dp/B013OO0GHA/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1443736549&sr=1-1&keywords=lenovo+yoga+3

I want to buy a stylus for this laptop and I'm not sure what stylus works with the laptop and which stylus is of okay quality. Also if you can recommend an app or program that would allow me to use the stylus with pdf files that would be great!

I'm looking for a stylus that costs up to $30. I'm willing to pay for a reasonably priced program.

Just FYI - according to the spec sheets, your laptop uses a capacitive touch screen, so stylus that will work with the screen are limited to those capacitive stylus only, which really more mimics the tip of your finger than a pen,and more often that not its tip is a fat rubbery tip about the size of your pinky finger tip, you wont be getting the precision of a proper pen that have a special digitizer layer on the screen itself (Wacom, Samsung's S Pen).

But if you are just looking for something that will work, "Capacitive Stylus" is the type you are looking for, $3~$15 or so at most stores with digital product/online shop/amazon.

(It is incredibly pointless though.)

Just get any capacitive stylus. Make sure the tip isn't overly soft (the ones where the ball point goes through are often terrible).

It won't be super precise, but it'll be fine for taking notes. It really depends on the digitiser more than the stylus.

As @Akiyo well explained. Any capacitive touch stylus will do. Even the dollar shop ones (just make sure that there is no way it will scratch the screen when tilted if it uses metal).

These capacitive touch stylus contains 0 technology. It is just rubber dome, with plastic stop, and a conductive body.

You can actually build one as well. But probably a good one at the dollar shop or maybe 2$ shop would be cheaper, and I am sure you can find them on amazon for dirt cheap. You can also use the minus side of a battery, but now you'll definitely scratch your screen :)

As @Akiyo well explained. Any capacitive touch stylus will do. Even the dollar shop ones (just make sure that there is no way it will scratch the screen when tilted if it uses metal).

These capacitive touch stylus contains 0 technology. It is just rubber dome, with plastic stop, and a conductive body.

You can actually build one as well. But probably a good one at the dollar shop or maybe 2$ shop would be cheaper, and I am sure you can find them on amazon for dirt cheap. You can also use the minus side of a battery, but now you'll definitely scratch your screen :)

On that note, I've had success with rubber band, shiny side of potato chip bags / candy wrappers, and a stick with rounded end. It works better than the rubber dome ones too since it doesn't have a lot of friction, lol.

On that note, I've had success with rubber band, shiny side of potato chip bags / candy wrappers, and a stick with rounded end. It works better than the rubber dome ones too since it doesn't have a lot of friction, lol.

lol. Yea because you have direct metal increasing the interference detection of the touch screen, and better pin point your homebrew pen, and slides better, but now you can scratch the screen (including micro scratches).

Any ideas for apps or programs available on windows that will allow me to write on pdf files? Thank you for all the responses by the way.

Well I do know you can import your PDF in Microsoft OneNote, and you can draw on it.

You can import your PDF in Word, and draw. Not sure if 2016 has improvements on that. You also have Word Mobile (need Office 365 subscription), which is more designed for mobile devices so touch focused (it is also a lighter version of Word).