LG v10 launched... 3 insane cameras, 2 display, QHD, 32 bit DAC, 3 mics, extremely Strong, 64Gb + 2TB micro sd,removable battery & it is a looker

jos

lg.jpg

LG has officially unveiled the first phone in its new V series, the LG V10. With a focus on the multimedia experience. two five-megapixel cameras for selfie sufferers and a curious second screen that's connected to the first one. That extra display is right above the 5.7-inch QHD main display, but works separately. You'll be able to keep it on constantly to show weather, time date and battery status "without impacting battery life", according to LG. Turn on the entire phone however, and you can then use that top display for app shortcuts even when you're in the midst of another app -- or anywhere that's not the home screen.

Two cameras (taking separate images at the standard 80-degree angle) is a better idea than a wide-angle lens, and that fish-bowl effect that happens at the edges. Self-portraiture can come in two flavors: the standard 80-degree kind, or the cram-everyone-in 120-degree option which stitches the two images together. (The lenses are apparently "just far enough apart to provide two different points of view"). LG's most baffling new feature this time around is "Multi-view Recording" which engages all three cameras on the V10.

smartphones are capturing 4K video it makes a huge amount of sense to offer up more controls to those that can handle the added complication. Shutter speed, frame rate, ISO, white balance and focus can all be tinkered with, and movies can also be recorded in a cinematic 21:9 ratio. Other notable features here include and wind noise filter and audio monitor to adjust the sensitivity of all three mics during recording. You can even meddle with directional audio recording.

phone has microSD card storage expansion and a removable 3,000mAh battery

The LG V10 features a 5.7-inch screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution. That works out to a 513ppi pixel density. The secondary screen measures 2.1-inches and has a 160 x 1040 resolution, also resulting in a 513ppi pixel density. The Snapdragon 808 chipset is under the hood, carrying a hexa-core CPU and the Adreno 418 GPU. 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM is inside, along with 64GB of internal memory. Those needing additional storage can turn to the 2TB capacity microSD slot that is on board.

With an aperture of f/1.8, the 16MP rear-facing camera allows users to take great shots in low-light conditions. OIS 2.0 is included. A 3000mAh removable battery keeps the generator humming, and Android 5.1.1 is pre-installed. The LG V10 measures 8.6mm thick, and weighs in at 192 grams. The handset brings support for 4G LTE-A (Cat.6),Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC and USB 2.0.

The stainless steel frame of the phone will protect it from bumps and falls. A third party lab found the LG V10 to be "MIL-STD-810G Transit Drop Compliant," It also have 32bit dedicated DAC. Power button doubles as fingerprint sensor

The phone look awesome... Hope the 2nd screen has separate processor for insane battery savings...

WP10 version would make me hype.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Only to be crippled by LG's horrendous UXUI.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

It's a lot better than you think it is.

-G3 owner

i tried it and to me its so annoying, i currebtly own the note 5

That product video was insultingly pretentious and yet showed all the information needed to invoke my interest in the phone. Too bad I only care for stock Android. Droid Turbo forever!

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Almost makes me want to switch to android, if it wasn't for the Nokia 950XL leaks.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Holy balls

@LinusTech

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Just nab custom ROM onto it. Problem solved eh?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Looks interesting for sure. I think they'd have a real winner on their hands if only they'd increased the battery capacity to at least 3500mah.

That's one of the main points I think the Nexus 6P has going for it. They didn't skimp out like most companies and just throw a 3000mah battery in, calling it "good enough! We have quick charge!".

The top screen having the always on feature I'm sure will cause battery strain.

WP10 version would make me hype.

You and about 7 other people.

How long did you give it?

That product video was insultingly pretentious and yet showed all the information needed to invoke my interest in the phone. Too bad I only care for stock Android. Droid Turbo forever!

I'm pretty sure the Turbo isn't completely stock either ;)

Almost makes me want to switch to android, if it wasn't for the Nokia 950XL leaks.

The phone does look really sexy. They sure know how to do hardware right, even the overall dimensions are impressive.

However, I can't stand WP. Sad.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Trying it for a hew hours and getting used to it in a few days is a big difference, I own a G3 and the button on the back feel so much natural than on the sides plus double tap to wake is there so I hardly ever use the back buttons anyway. 

Have you used any LG device past 2012? Or maybe 2013...can't remember for sure. I own an LG G3 and it's been a beast of a phone. And it still is, I don't feel the need to upgrade at all.

LG's UI is really good. It's by far the most customizable (when compared to Sony, HTC , Samsung, Motorola , etc.) and has a few features that I actually use.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Gotta tell ya, it's so much better.

Especially on a large device. Don't know how it would work on a small one, but on a phone the size of the LG G3/G4 , it's perfect.

Button back placement makes a lot of sense. It makes you hold the phone in a much more natural way (the curved back also helps), and it feels natural. You can move your fingers at any point on the display easier, since you have a bigger degree of maneuverability . Oh, and it doesn't matter if you're left handed or right handed. It works both ways. You can even change the onscreen buttons to your liking, but that's a software feature.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That promotional video was SUPER pretentious for what they're advertising, especially since the design of the back makes it look like a ruggedized phone.

Does seem good though. It has great features like 50% more cameras to not take pictures with!

I'm pretty sure the Turbo isn't completely stock either ;)

Motorola and Verizon don't have any stupid custom skins, it is the Stock Android OS but they do pre-install some of their apps like most carriers do but nothing that's crapware, more like bloatware on a per-user basis, some people will use alot, others not at all. I disable the NFL app, lots of people love it, I just don't care about football. On my Droid Mini (exchanging for a Turbo in a few weeks) and the Turbo I got my mom, there are 3-4 apps from Motorola, one I don't use at all, the other 3 are good tools for transferring and backing up to a new phone that I only activate and update when there are new phones, and there are 3-4 apps from Verizon of which I use 2 and disable the others. Honestly I disable more apps from Google than I do from Motorola and Verizon.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Interesting but seems quite gimmicky overall, hopefully its still really good, one of the few android phones that seems interesting to me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

you mean you held your mates for 5 mins and now that makes you an expert.....nice

looks good lg stepping it up

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Dam. would get it if it didn't already have an xperia z ultra

i have to say

some reall competition right here

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That looks awesome. As a G2 owner I really like what LG is doing with their phones. Waiting for reviews.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just nab custom ROM onto it. Problem solved eh?

Not quite. I own the LG G4 and while TWRP and root are available, there are no roms available asides from improved stock roms. There's a cyanogenmod ROM but it isn't 100% working to be a daily driver.

Have you used any LG device past 2012?

I own the LG G4.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Well this is kinda catching my attention. :o

- Fresher than a fruit salad.