Faulty PCI-e slot?

lachyman

Make sure you're using the right USB port. On ASUS boards, they have designated USB ports for the BIOS Flashback functionality.

Never mind.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

OK guys, bad news. It's even worse than before. I tried booting the computer around 10 times and I didn't get to windows. First I start the computer, nothing shows on the screen so I restart it. The screen turns on, starts booting normally, but after the windows logo loads, it loses signal again, however it normally gets to windows (I hear the sound in my headphones). Then I restart again and get nothing, mouse and keyboard don't light up either. Then it starts over. It's a cursed cycle. I don't get any beep code, but I am not sure if I have microphone installed. None of this happened with the card installed in the 2nd PCIe slot. Do you have any suggestions what now?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Speaker* not microphone. RMA the board.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch