quiet cpu cooler for fx 8350?

Half of this forum have no idea what they're doing and can't take care of their shit - probably a stretch, maybe, but from what I've seen there's quite a lot of people here who don't know what they're talking about; they'll buy this expensive shit, not know how to install or use it properly and it ends up breaking, then they complain about the product being bad.

I'd post examples but I can't be arsed.

Sounds like people who buy FX8350s then put them in a shit board that can't overclock and then blame everything but their own stupidity... I have noticed, preach it sister! But I've also seen people recommend crap like the H100i too which is a quarter of his budget, lets say he gets one with a faulty mount, he has to take it back, then gets another then the pump dies then he get another and the corsair link software doesn't work on all 3?... Buy a used D5 pump, a used 240mm rad, mod the top of the case, enjoy silence.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Sounds like people who buy FX8350s then put them in a shit board that can't overclock and then blame everything but their own stupidity... I have noticed, preach it sister! But I've also seen people recommend crap like the H100i too which is a quarter of his budget, lets say he gets one with a faulty mount, he has to take it back, then gets another then the pump dies then he get another and the corsair link software doesn't work on all 3?... Buy a used D5 pump, a used 240mm rad, mod the top of the case, enjoy silence.

I have the H100i GTX sitting in a new build right now, cooling a 6700k, and it's working fine.

I had a bad experience with an H60 back in the day which made me switch to air cooling, personally, but I had a buddy buy an H100i against my recommendation and I ended up having to install it for him. It worked like a charm, so I decided to give the cooler another shot.

Or custom loop...  ;)

Custom Loop could be if he has the patience and the case for it, but if you just one the best solution regardless of price an extremely good performing Air cooler it's usually a better choice to get very cool and quiet results with relatively simpler installation and wider compatibility.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have the H100i GTX sitting in a new build right now, cooling a 6700k, and it's working fine.

I had a bad experience with an H60 back in the day which made me switch to air cooling, personally, but I had a buddy buy an H100i against my recommendation and I ended up having to install it for him. It worked like a charm, so I decided to give the cooler another shot.

I would of just gone custom loop, then you don't need to bother again.

Custom Loop could be if he has the patience and the case for it, but if you just one the best solution regardless of price an extremely good performing Air cooler it's usually a better choice to get very cool and quiet results with relatively simpler installation and wider compatibility.

True, better than a shitty H100i too.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Half of this forum have no idea what they're doing and can't take care of their shit - probably a stretch, maybe, but from what I've seen there's quite a lot of people here who don't know what they're talking about; they'll buy this expensive shit, not know how to install or use it properly and it ends up breaking, then they complain about the product being bad.

I'd post examples but I can't be arsed.

I see your point I actually am really smart when it comes to computers I just had not put one built one before

I would of just gone custom loop, then you don't need to bother again.

True, better than a shitty H100i too.

I can give a custom loop a try just time consuming 

Takes a while, just do your research first, the bigger the surface area the better it will cool, the thicker it is the quieter the fans you can fit.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I see your point I actually am really smart when it comes to computers I just had not put one built one before

Well even though the other guy was being a dick in his statement about Intel and AMD, he is correct.

I don't like Intel as a company, but their CPU's give a way better gaming experience and there's benchmarks just about on any tech website to tell you that.

I just don't think what he said was warranted since you already have the PC built. No sense in telling you to switch platforms when you already have the damned thing, lol.

The same thing bothers me when people ask about picking between two GPU models (red or green team), and someone comes in recommending something completely different from the opposite team.

Takes a while, just do your research first, the bigger the surface area the better it will cool, the thicker it is the quieter the fans you can fit.

gottcha thanks whats about average cost? 

Well even though the other guy was being a dick in his statement about Intel and AMD, he is correct.

I don't like Intel as a company, but their CPU's give a way better gaming experience and there's benchmarks just about on any tech website to tell you that.

I just don't think what he said was warranted since you already have the PC built. No sense in telling you to switch platforms when you already have the damned thing, lol.

The same thing bothers me when people ask about picking between two GPU models (red or green team), and someone comes in recommending something completely different from the opposite team.

Intel give better performance out of the box for tards who cant overclock and get the best out of their system, that's why over on OCN people who can set up a system see that there is little to no real world performance gains to move to intel.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Actually no need: unless you really want the looks of a clear rigid tubing system, this is basically custom loop parts prearranged for you neatly:

Or if you prefer swift tech:

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yea I know what you mean I would of gotten a intel 4790k and a different mobo but I just couldn't afford it so the fx 8350 was my next bet for my price range and my multitasking needs I have also seen some pretty dumb people around forums as well.

gottcha thanks whats about average cost? 

If you're smart you'll pick up second hand parts from either here or other forums or ebay. The only none second hand part you need to buy is your tubing, I'd recommend hardline tubing as soft tubing goes green over time and if you decide to swap to hardline you'll have bought 2 lots of fittings unless you buy monsoon fittings and get the upgrade kits which are a fraction of the cost but tbh, I just wish I went hardline first time around.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Actually no need: unless you really want the looks of a clear rigid tubing system, this is basically custom loop parts prearranged for you neatly:

Or if you prefer swift tech:

People on here have said the swiftech is loud as balls and the predator doesn't fit AMD.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel give better performance out of the box for tards who cant overclock and get the best out of their system, that's why over on OCN people who can set up a system see that there is little to no real world performance gains to move to intel.

No, they give better performance regardless.

The information is widely available, so I don't even know why it's still a debate today. There was even a guy here who made a whole thread on the subject, but you know, you can believe what you want to believe.

Yea I know what you mean I would of gotten a intel 4790k and a different mobo but I just couldn't afford it so the fx 8350 was my next bet for my price range and my multitasking needs I have also seen some pretty dumb people around forums as well.

They're everywhere. No getting around it.

No, they give better performance regardless.

The information is widely available, so I don't even know why it's still a debate today. There was even a guy here who made a whole thread on the subject, but you know, you can believe what you want to believe.

They're everywhere. No getting around it.

I've enough evidence to fight my corner but I'd rather jump out of my flat than waste my time explaining and digging it up for you. Most comparisons I get shown are stock settings etc and I honestly cba going into why it's fucking stupid. Intel are stronger, that's true, but an AMD overclocked correctly can perform real world tasks just as well as an intel e peen extension.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

People on here have said the swiftech is loud as balls and the predator doesn't fit AMD.

Oh right, forgot to check if EK has AMD version of it yet.

But well kinda reinforces my previous point if you think about it: Hard to beat a high end Noctua.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh right, forgot to check if EK has AMD version of it yet.

But well kinda reinforces my previous point if you think about it: Hard to beat a high end Noctua.

Noctua may not fit in his case versus modding the top of his case to fit another 120mm fan to mount a 240mm rad?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I've enough evidence to fight my corner but I'd rather jump out of my flat than waste my time explaining and digging it up for you. Most comparisons I get shown are stock settings etc and I honestly cba going into why it's fucking stupid. Intel are stronger, that's true, but an AMD overclocked correctly can perform real world tasks just as well as an intel e peen extension.

It's the minimum framerates that make it the better choice over AMD's chips.

It's the minimum framerates that make it the better choice over AMD's chips.

Oh yeah I mean that's true I find I'm very limited to what games I can play allllllllll the time lmao. Overclock it, the min frames go up.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Oh yeah I mean that's true I find I'm very limited to what games I can play allllllllll the time lmao. Overclock it, the min frames go up.

No need to be facetious.

Overclocking only does so much.

No need to be facetious.

Overclocking only does so much.

It does enough, but it can be argued what's the point when an intel out the box fixes the laziness? And lmao I couldn't help myself I'm british.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

It does enough, but it can be argued what's the point when an intel out the box fixes the laziness? And lmao I couldn't help myself I'm british.

Why buy a 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo when you can get a 1990's Ford shitbox to accomplish the same task? Both will get you from point A to point B (maybe), but one is a far better experience. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Why buy a Porsche 911 Turbo when you can get a 1973 Ford shitbox to accomplish the same task? 

Exactly, but the porsche is probably cheaper now than it was when I was looking for a car at the time.... Oh wait, money? No one mentioned money did they? My FX chip was cheaper than the intels worth having at the time (the ones everyone jerks off over on this forum which have dropped heavily in price).

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken