WHO HAS BETTER CHIPS US vs Canada (the rest of the world too)

Agent181

Oh man I can eat so many bags of these..

hold up that looks like a small bag to me O_O how is that family size?

This is from my home country Turkey

I'm not even joking.

FvFGJ6M.jpg

I wanna try those now lol

hold up that looks like a small bag to me O_O how is that family size?

No banana for scale. The family size bags are actually pretty decently sized though.

As a Brit, I must say I am thoroughly disappointed. I came here expecting these 

Not CRISPS! As a side note though, us brits know how to make the best fish n chips in my experience. 

You should do the honorable thing and switch to chips for chips. 

It's like using SI units, use what everyone else uses or you are just a weirdo, like America.

We had something like that, it was so bad they don't even sell them anymore.

0.png

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No banana for scale. The family size bags are actually pretty decently sized though.

our portion sizes must be way different then.... the ones we have are really big

You should do the honorable thing and switch to chips for chips. 

It's like using SI units, use what everyone else uses or you are just a weirdo, like America.

Nah, sorry mate but we call them the proper name, i mean look up the definitions! (Sorry, us brits get rather defensive about this stuff haha) 

our portion sizes must be way different then.... the ones we have are really big

I have no idea how you've been confused by a picture of a bag.

Nah, sorry mate but we call them the proper name, i mean look up the definitions! (Sorry, us brits get rather defensive about this stuff haha) 

Actually chips make way more sense, no matter what definition. You chip the potatoes and you get small thin slices.

To make fries you have to cut them deliberately, which is not chiping. We call crisps other things that are cripsy.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It would be a shame not to represent Norway and our amazing chips:

rxoHaXf.png

BIq5Ueq.jpg

Sa8UJVT.jpg

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I have no idea how you've been confused by a picture of a bag.

I'm not confused its just seems a little off to me.... a bag here can feed 10 people :3  or 3 really high people 

Simple old ready salted. 

I confess prawn cocktail has been a guilty pleasure too 

Here we have some great brands of crisps (yes yes, chips ;)) ; 

40715-155093.jpg

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Actually chips make way more sense, no matter what definition. You chip the potatoes and you get small thin slices.

To make fries you have to cut them deliberately, which is not chiping. We call crisps other things that are cripsy.

Ah, but crisps are thin, dry and above all else, crispy. There for crisps!  I don't get why you would name something after the process you have to do to make them?

Ah, but crisps are thin, dry and above all else, crispy. There for crisps!  I don't get why you would name something after the process you have to do to make them?

because that's how it is in the world. There are more things that are cripsy that aren't chips, so what you call them?

Spoiler

I'd say the ones in small EU countries such as Austria and Switzerland are the best because most of them do not have as harmful ingredients as in non-EU countries (esp. in the US).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Juanita's tortilla chips.

These are made a short drive from my house. 

These are made a short drive from my house. 

they're amazing. By far my favorite tortilla chip brand.

they're amazing. By far my favorite tortilla chip brand.

They are really good . 

because that's how it is in the world. There are more things that are cripsy that aren't chips, so what you call them?

We would call them what they are, e.g Potato skins, Gristle, and now I come to think of it I can't think of anything else thin and crispy that we eat...... (Now I think about this, this is an argument in favour of your side haha)

But IMO we have the superior system for this, as at no time do I ever hear someone say 'I'm getting chips' and wonder if they mean potato chips or chips. Maybe we have 2 different names because both are so common over here and not so over where you reside?   

But IMO we have the superior system for this, as at no time do I ever hear someone say 'I'm getting chips' and wonder if they mean potato chips or chips. Maybe we have 2 different names because both are so common over here and not so over where you reside?   

the American argument, I am fine therefore it's fine. That's how you stick to using imperial units in 2015.

Spoiler

simply the best.... better than all the rest51U7lY5%2BpzL.jpgtims_casc-Jalapeno-350.pngDutchCrunch_JC_200g(1297)_265x395.png

naaa we still got you beat :P