6700k dual m.2 effects on sli set up

Ok so looking at the msi xpower titanium with the dual m.2 slots on the MB, i know the m.2 use the express lanes in the cpu.

Will running dual m.2 ssds in raid 0 (and no other drives at all) effect the preformance of an sli set up with 980ti's

OR should i find an x99 board with dual m.2's and get a 5820k?

if you're buying a 6700K you should be looking at a 5820K in the first place...

But that aside, it depends on if the slots use chipset lanes or CPU lanes. If you throw in two M.2 SSDs using 4x PCI/e lanes into slots that use from the CPU, that leaves 12 lanes for SLI which is too few.

If you toss it into two slots which run at 2x each, then you're fine.

If you toss it into two slots which use chipset lanes, then fine.

but either way, there's almost no reason whatsoever to get a 6700K over a 5820K. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

if you're buying a 6700K you should be looking at a 5820K in the first place...

But that aside, it depends on if the slots use chipset lanes or CPU lanes. If you throw in two M.2 SSDs using 4x PCI/e lanes into slots that use from the CPU, that leaves 12 lanes for SLI which is too few.

If you toss it into two slots which run at 2x each, then you're fine.

If you toss it into two slots which use chipset lanes, then fine.

but either way, there's almost no reason whatsoever to get a 6700K over a 5820K.

Alot is looks, i love the look of the msi xpower titanium MB otherwise ill be doing an all black build and thats boring

Alot is looks, i love the look of the msi xpower titanium MB otherwise ill be doing an all black build and thats boring

End is up to you, but I go by "a user who prefers form over function deserves neither".

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

agree. even if you want SLI a 5820 is the best option. especially now faster GFX cards etc are coming. we might start saturating 16X speeds soon :) 

agree. even if you want SLI a 5820 is the best option. especially now faster GFX cards etc are coming. we might start saturating 16X speeds soon :)

We're nowhere near that, Nvidia just thinks it's neccesary to limit SLI to 8x. A SLI/CFX setup will barely be limited by 2.0 x4

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I was able to contact msi customer support and was told that the m.2 slots are chipset bound so that running sli (8x,8x) and dual m.2 (4x,4x) wont be an issue