Stupid Question

MzCatieB
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

OK so work is finally giving me some over due payment and i want to upgrade my computer...

i got the entire system setup but im stuck between Stock and 3rd party coolers..

I plan on maybe upgrading to liquid cooling in the future but thats only a maybe

Should i get a stock Version of the GTX 980ti or get the Gigabyte G1 model instead and not worry about upgrading in the future?

to put it simple:

Get a model with upgrade potential now so i can expand to water cooling in the future

or

Get the G1 for good cooling already and not worry about liquid cooling down the line

Character artist in the Games industry.

how about picking the EVGA 980Ti Classified or the Zotac AMP Extreme and don't bother with watercooling?

those GPUs are the best of the lot of 980Tis

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If there's not a huge difference in price, go with the G1. You still have the option of watercooling in the future, EK has a full cover block for the G1 model. (it's the same as the WF3 block, FYI)

how about picking the EVGA 980Ti Classified or the Zotac AMP Extreme and don't bother with watercooling?

those GPUs are the best of the lot of 980Tis

he want that watercooling aesthetic

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

If there's not a huge difference in price, go with the G1. You still have the option of watercooling in the future, EK has a full cover block for the G1 model. (it's the same as the WF3 block, FYI)

its only for 970

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Just a note, im getting 2 not one

If you plan on doing a full loop, i would do the G1, EK has a block for it and if you are not then it is a toss up of who is cheaper when you purchase it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Just a note, im getting 2 not one

all the more reason to get Zotac or the EVGA

those in pairs will be a looker in the case

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

all the more reason to get Zotac or the EVGA

those in pairs will be a looker in the case

Wont leave room for the Workstation card on the motherboard. 

and they wont fit the colour theme (Black and white)

i was originally looking at the MSI armour 2 but the g1 looks better at cooling + an extra DVI on the back is a +

Wont leave room for the Workstation card on the motherboard. 

and they wont fit the colour theme (Black and white)

i was originally looking at the MSI armour 2 but the g1 looks better at cooling + an extra DVI on the back is a +

oh oh oh

G1 it is

I remember some GPU Manafactures putting on blocks on the GPU already, so they can be liquid cooled and air cooled. I think Linus did a video on the zotac arctic storm.

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

I remember some GPU Manafactures putting on blocks on the GPU already, so they can be liquid cooled and air cooled. I think Linus did a video on the zotac arctic storm.

hybrid coolers

but they are bulky and thicker

i have looked in to them and they are a no go for me, i need long term usability cause of my work, and the hybrid cards are just bad at both :/

Just a note im planning on getting the Nvidia Quadro M5000 around the time when im doing my upgrades

(will be doing a Custom case + New cooling + Quadro card) but thats a few months down the line

WF3 ? Windforce 3 = G1 ? i did not know that, ohh okay

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

This actually helped win it over for me :3