Which keyboard should i buy?

Youriv88

So I want to buy a new mechanical keyboard, and i was thinking of the razer blackwidow chroma because i also want to buy the razer deathadder but people say that the razer switches aren't that good and that the corsair keybaords are better. so now i have a really big struggle because i like the looks of the blackwidow more, and it will fit in my setup with my deathadder and mousepad etc. 

please no fanboy comments, i want objective advice.

greetings, Youri

The Razer keyswitches aren't that bad. However, Cherry switches are better known and you have more options.

Personally, I would recommend either the Ducky Shine 5 or the Corsair Strafe/K70 RGB if you want a similar look to the Blackwidow

The Razer keyswitches aren't that bad. However, Cherry switches are better known and you have more options.

Personally, I would recommend either the Ducky Shine 5 or the Corsair Strafe/K70 RGB if you want a similar look to the Blackwidow

and why won't you pick the blackwidow then? the corsair doesn't fit in that well in my setup

and why won't you pick the blackwidow then? the corsair doesn't fit in that well in my setup

For the simple reason that I only know one person with a Razer keyboard, and I have only tried it briefly. The keys feel similar, but just slightly different, to the Cherry Blues that I prefer.

Ducky Shine all day over any Corsair or Razer keyboards.

It doesn't have to be the 5, even the 3 and 4 are better.

i justreally like the look of the razer blackwidow, and thats why i want it so much. and if the keys arent that bad.... i also heard stroies about pc's being slower because of the corsair keyboards

i justreally like the look of the razer blackwidow, and thats why i want it so much. and if the keys arent that bad.... i also heard stroies about pc's being slower because of the corsair keyboards

Avoid Razer Blackwidow at all costs. They want a price premium for LEDs, not quality. A keyboard with Kailh switches at that price point is a joke.

What type of Cherry MX switches do you prefer?

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

i play moba's a lot, so i think brown switches, i dont want them to be too noisy

the strafe rgb look cool, but i think that the software is too complicated

what are your thoughts on the orange switches?

the strafe rgb look cool, but i think that the software is too complicated

what are your thoughts on the orange switches?

What do you mean by complicated? No peripheral software is rocked science.

Razer Orange Switches = Kailh Switches. Spending $170 on a keyboard with Kailh switches is a waste.

At that price point there's Corsair K70 RGB and Strafe RGB. If you can live without a RGB backlight you can check out CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate with MX Browns.

but why are kailh switches so bad? they say they have longer live span, and that kailh is a good respected company. it is just too hard for me to choose. also, they say that the corsair keyboards can longer your pc bootup times and that the led lights in them can break easily.

but why are kailh switches so bad? they say they have longer live span, and that kailh is a good respected company. it is just too hard for me to choose. also, they say that the corsair keyboards can longer your pc bootup times and that the led lights in them can break easily.

Way worse QC (quality control) than Cherry. Kailh are Chinese clones to the original MX switches, made by Cherry in Germany. Razer switched to Kailh to reduce production costs, but they didn't reduce the price for the customer or offer anything more and their overall quality dropped. Higher rated lifespan doesn't mean a better product.

Do some research and you'll see that's exactly the reason why people don't recommend the Blackwidow anymore.

I've been using the Blackwidow/Blackwidow TE for months now, and I was a die-hard Cherry MX blue fan... the switches really aren't that much different.  You'll like them man, any chance you can try out the blackwidow before you buy it?

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

yes i can, my stephbrother will bring it i think this evening so i can try it out. a friend of mine has the stealth version so i can try that one too. and about the quality control, i agree about that but the customer service of rzer is perfect and if there is anything wrong with your product, you send them an email with a picture or explaination, and then you can get a brand new one for free. so the quality control doesnt really matter to me