Phone vs Computer for forums

potatoproduction

For my purposes, it's just a better experience posting on a laptop or desktop. The mobile site is so limited.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

For my purposes, it's just a better experience posting on a laptop or desktop. The mobile site is so limited.

There's a app for it. It's called tapatalk

Tapatalk bruh

There's a app for it. It's called tapatalk

I have issues with it, and for other purposes of mine, it doesn't work too well.

@Kloaked.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I have issues with it, and for other purposes of mine, it doesn't work too well.

@Kloaked.

Do you happen to get the notification (or lack thereof) bug? It's been happening to me lately.

I prefer a computer, hands down. using a mobile phone to browse a forum just feels super-clunky. With a cursor on the screen, it's lightning-fast, but tapping on a screen is not nearly responsive enough, and the functionality is a bit kneecapped on the mobile version.

In my opinion, if LTT wanted to provide a good mobile experience, they'd be better off making a custom format like the Tek Syndicate forum.

Tapatalk = spam of notifications 

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I turned them off lol

so whats the point of the app... if you dont know when someone replies.

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Do you happen to get the notification (or lack thereof) bug? It's been happening to me lately.

I believe so, yes, but I removed it.

I use the computer 85% of the time, my phone about 15%. I don't have internet access at work and the metal box I work in gets horrible cell phone service unless I walk outside so I can't even use my phone to get on the forum at work lol. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Much prefer using the PC if given a choice. Problem with the mobile site is that there's no button to start viewing a thread from the first page, I have to manually press the "previous page" button until I get to the first page, and then read sequentially from there. Kind of infuriating really.

If I'm wrong about the mobile site and there's actually a "view first post" button, please feel free to point out my stupidity and the whereabouts of this button.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W