Hyper 212 evo in Coolermaster silencio 352

Badgerworks

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has experience with the 212 evo in a CM silencio 352 case. I'm interested in buying this Cooler, but the measurements look to be tight. It should fit, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had tried before I buy it (?)

Thanks

not a chance

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has experience with the 212 evo in a CM silencio 352 case. I'm interested in buying this Cooler, but the measurements look to be tight. It should fit, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had tried before I buy it (?)

Thanks

Try the GeminII S524 Ver.2, it's slightly more expensive, performs slightly better, has better acoustics and it'll fit in your case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4M52YX8576&cm_re=GeminII_S524_Ver.2-_-35-103-204-_-Product

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Probs too late but yes absolutely it does mine does

• 2 months later...

Probs too late but yes absolutely it does mine does

Hey, just to confirm, you have that case and it fit a hyper 212 evo?

• 2 months later...
On 13/12/2015 at 9:56 PM, allmighty_bob said:

Hey, just to confirm, you have that case and it fit a hyper 212 evo?

I hope this is OK to bump this old thread as there aren't anything significantly newer about the 352 but I found it helpful and just wanted to confirm and help anyone else in future I have a Silencio 352 and just fit a Hyper 212X no problems. - Which I believe is the same height as an EVO.

I was a little doubtful as Cooler Master specs say the cooler is 158mm tall and the case is max 155mm. However I took the chance as it's really the best value Cooler in NZ for the money.

I had no clearance issues, it is close I'll give it that but it did not actually make any contact with the cooler once I put the side panel on. 

Hope this helps someone else searching, I had read mixed messages across different web sites.

7 hours ago, paww said:

I hope this is OK to bump this old thread as there aren't anything significantly newer about the 352 but I found it helpful and just wanted to confirm and help anyone else in future I have a Silencio 352 and just fit a Hyper 212X no problems. - Which I believe is the same height as an EVO.

I was a little doubtful as Cooler Master specs say the cooler is 158mm tall and the case is max 155mm. However I took the chance as it's really the best value Cooler in NZ for the money.

I had no clearance issues, it is close I'll give it that but it did not actually make any contact with the cooler once I put the side panel on. 

Hope this helps someone else searching, I had read mixed messages across different web sites.

shame this would be useful a few months back :)

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

it;s useful to me. i'm planning to get the same case and cooler. the 212evo. i can't afford a liquid cooler so i was really looking to get the 212evo.  how much clearance did you get with the Silencio 352 case and the 212x? 

The Hyper 212X is  158 mm tall while the  Hyper 212 EVO is  159 mm. A 1 mm difference but just worth asking

6 hours ago, rsorujlall said:

it;s useful to me. i'm planning to get the same case and cooler. the 212evo. i can't afford a liquid cooler so i was really looking to get the 212evo.  how much clearance did you get with the Silencio 352 case and the 212x? 

The Hyper 212X is  158 mm tall while the  Hyper 212 EVO is  159 mm. A 1 mm difference but just worth asking

I think it would be OK.

It's very hard to say specifically how much clearance because we are talking mm's here and you can't really eye it up because the case side panel sits slightly in from the lip where the the panel slides on too. - I looked at trying to get a photo to show but again because of it's position you can't really show it truly said on.

At the end of the day it'll be close, but I suspect it'll fit. - Tbh in my instance, I thought if it was really close and only just touching I was going to file back the top of the cooler slightly as it's only those little pins.