Forum Breach, need to reset Steam Pass?

Go to solution Solved by A.D.A.M,

SLICK:"I use Steam/FB/Twitter to login, are those accounts screwed? : Nope, those are handled in a special way, you are fine."

Sorry if this is in wrong topic but I couldn't post in the forum discussion page for some reason :( 

well i use a steam logon to use this website and I am afraid of my steam account being hacked

(I own like 300 bucks worth of csgo knives)

Is there a need for me to reset my password? I use email confirm and email logon so to trade anything from my account the hacker would need to also have my email and they are different passwords.  Do I need to change my email or steam password? D:

Thanks for replying

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

SLICK:"I use Steam/FB/Twitter to login, are those accounts screwed? : Nope, those are handled in a special way, you are fine."

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Just use mobile authentication and don't have to worry about getting hacked at all.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Just want to say thanks to the big guys up there looking out for us on these forums, i myself do appreciate this as you can already see and i am sure many more do too.

1.png

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

if my password is remembered and I dont actually physically type it them in should i worry?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40Ghz GPU: NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC Edition 2GB Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 1600Mhz (8GBx2) Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z & DELL SE197FP Motherboard: Asus Z87M-Plus Power Supply: Corsair GS600 Case: Thermaltake USB3.0 A31 Black Hard Disk Drive(s): Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 (Cherry Red MX Switches) Blue LED | Head Phones: ATH-AD700X Open Air with ZM-MIC 1 Mouse: Zowie FK DPI: 450 Mousepad: Steel Series QcK+ Windows Sensitivity Notch: 6 In Game Sensitivity: 1.125 Desktop Resolution: BenQ XL2411Z: 1920 x 1080 @ 120Hz & DELL SE197FP: 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz | In Game Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | OS: Windows 10 Pro

if my password is remembered and I dont actually physically type it them in should i worry?

quote from the thopic.

I use some form of "remember me" function, am I safe? : Basically if you had to go through the login page, even if your information was auto-filled, it would have been logged.. if your forum session never ended so you never had to go through the login page.. you're fine.. but change your passwords elsewhere anyways.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

When I say my password is 'remembered', I mean that when I load up chrome LTT is one of my bookmarked pages that loads straight to my profile, cant remember the last time I actually logged in other than today when it told me to reset. Sorry for the confusion. Luckily all of my 'High risk' accounts on the internet have differing passwords across the board anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40Ghz GPU: NVIDIA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC Edition 2GB Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 1600Mhz (8GBx2) Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z & DELL SE197FP Motherboard: Asus Z87M-Plus Power Supply: Corsair GS600 Case: Thermaltake USB3.0 A31 Black Hard Disk Drive(s): Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 (Cherry Red MX Switches) Blue LED | Head Phones: ATH-AD700X Open Air with ZM-MIC 1 Mouse: Zowie FK DPI: 450 Mousepad: Steel Series QcK+ Windows Sensitivity Notch: 6 In Game Sensitivity: 1.125 Desktop Resolution: BenQ XL2411Z: 1920 x 1080 @ 120Hz & DELL SE197FP: 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz | In Game Resolution: 1920 x 1080 | OS: Windows 10 Pro

When I say my password is 'remembered', I mean that when I load up chrome LTT is one of my bookmarked pages that loads straight to my profile, cant remember the last time I actually logged in other than today when it told me to reset. Sorry for the confusion. Luckily all of my 'High risk' accounts on the internet have differing passwords across the board anyway.

When you check "Remember Me", a random token is generated and set as a cookie. Next time you access the site, it checks for that token and compares it to the one that it has stored. It is not related to your password in any way, so there is no way for an attacker to access your password from the cookie. All login cookies have been invalidated.

- @colonel_mortis