Error code B 1 Asus rampage V extreme

jacob5426
Go to solution Solved by IPickle,

Plug only the keyboard and mouse (as well as power and video). if that doesn't work, try the keyboard only.

Motherboard model: asus rampage V extreme

UEFI Version: wont post cant check but haven't changed it since box

CPU: 5960x

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB:

corsair dominator platinum 16gb

GPU:

GTX 980

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives:

WD caviar black 1 TB

PSU:

Corsair CX 750 watt

USB Devices (model/version number):

Razer kraken 7.1

razer naga hex

razer black widow 2013

Blue yeti microphone

Monitor: some cheapo deal

CPU Cooler:

Corsair H110

PC CASE: NZXT Phantom 530

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no?

Windows 10 yes

Drivers Installed (include version):

Um wont post cant check but just mobo drivers from disc and GTX 980 drivers

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: N/A

System Overclocked (provide details)?

Stock speed

Issue

System wont post getting q code b1

Had the sytem for about a month and has worked fine up to this point

I believe I had this problem with the same Motherboard. If my memory is correct, you should take out all sticks of ram apart from A1, go into the BIOS and disable XMP. I believe it worked for me.     If it worked, feel free to put the other sticks back in and hopefully you will be fine ;)

Message me back if you were not successful

Hope all goes well,

Sam

I believe I had this problem with the same Motherboard. If my memory is correct, you should take out all sticks of ram apart from A1, go into the BIOS and disable XMP. I believe it worked for me.     If it worked, feel free to put the other sticks back in and hopefully you will be fine ;)

Message me back if you were not successful

Hope all goes well,

Sam

I currently don't have XMP on and haven't had it on in the past

Oh, that really sucks as I believe that was one of the factors which made me get that q-code. let me quickly check my sources....

I shall note... WHY a CX series PSU, for this build?!

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

Oh, that really sucks as I believe that was one of the factors which made me get that q-code. let me quickly check my sources....

Ok much appreciated

I shall note... WHY a CX series PSU, for this build?!

lol was first a budget build then I came into some money and said well because I can type of build

This may help, have you tried this?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?56984-Windows-7-Rampage-V-Q-Code-b1-Error

I remember this issue being a bit of a pain and it took me a minimum of 5 hours of constant tinkering to find a work-around.

Ive looked into this thread and actually have a thread on asus forum (no replys) but the problem is on that side the system gets into windows start which mean post passed my wont even post

:( I will keep on searching for you and dig up any topic relevant to this issue.

have you disconnected everything connected to USB? if you haven't, you may want to do so. Also if you have a PS2 keyboard, now may be the time to plug it in.

have you disconnected everything connected to USB? if you haven't, you may want to do so. Also if you have a PS2 keyboard, now may be the time to plug it in.

Bro I could kiss you (jk I wouldn't) that got it up

*Puts on his fedora and dank glasses*

Yah I plugged them al back in and no post but how do I start using all my USB devices? (I'll narrow it down to which device but how will I get it back?)

Most likely, you'll have to update drivers. I recommend putting in 1 device at a time. Individually booting to test which one is the one at fault. when you find it. search the product and download the drivers from the website. I also recommend updating the BIOS

Most likely, you'll have to update drivers. I recommend putting in 1 device at a time. Individually booting to test which one is the one at fault. when you find it. search the product and download the drivers from the website. I also recommend updating the BIOS

Update.. Nothing but HMDI and power plugged in... no post q code b 1...

Plug only the keyboard and mouse (as well as power and video). if that doesn't work, try the keyboard only.

I think my past over clock broke my CPU in some way.. Restart error code 79 restart boots just fine restart b 1 turn off PSU restarts and boots with keyboard

This sounds completely identical to the issue I had. Don't worry, your CPU is not broken, you just have to keep on tinkering with it.

This sounds completely identical to the issue I had. Don't worry, your CPU is not broken, you just have to keep on tinkering with it.

Device drivers updated and it boost but sometimes when I boot I will get overclocking failed error.... im running at stock speed

don't worry. just push f1 and exit without saving, or reboot. I get the failed overclock error every day (no joke)

don't worry. just push f1 and exit without saving, or reboot. I get the failed overclock error every day (no joke)

I think something Is messed up because ive rebooted at0least 5 times just fine with everything but now its at b 1 again

Wait the last one I did I shut down and used power button other times I rebooted from windows