Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheYoungEnthusiast

First Water Loop- Let the Adventure Begin

Posted · Original PosterOP

interesting build but lookin good!

looks really nice and clean, I definitely like the tube sleeving.

Thanks a lot guys!

It looks nice. The graphics card looks like it's sagging though O.o

Thank you :P And ya that tends to happen with those big 3-slot ASUS cards. The heatsink is so heavy they begin to sag after a while :(

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

You're right. Our loops are extremely similar. I actually wanted to do my loop in the same order you did. But when I started installing everything I ran into the problem that the reservoir made it impossible to get fittings on my radiator. I decided to turn the rad around instead of cutting up my case. Still a bit too conservative to start doing that just yet.

I really like what you did. I personally think a few extra angled fittings wouild make it look even cleaner but it is really cool :) your sleeved tubing looks awesome

Did you know that there are 5.25" reservoirs? You didn't have to mod anything...but good job anyway, I should look into WC in my next build.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Not everyone likes the looks of those :P

That is right I don't like them too but when I don't have space for a normal one...I have made some calculations which say I have to make €1000 every year, 3 years on a part time job :D

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

You're right. Our loops are extremely similar. I actually wanted to do my loop in the same order you did. But when I started installing everything I ran into the problem that the reservoir made it impossible to get fittings on my radiator. I decided to turn the rad around instead of cutting up my case. Still a bit too conservative to start doing that just yet.

I really like what you did. I personally think a few extra angled fittings wouild make it look even cleaner but it is really cool :) your sleeved tubing looks awesome

Thanks a lot! At first I didn't want to mod my case, but I decided to go for it after a lot of thinking and planning, and it actually turned out great lol :P But it was a terrifying experience. I could have done a similar loop setup to yours with the radiator turned around, but to be honest I never even thought of it lol :) I think your loop looks awesome and in hind sight I should have used a few more angled adapters. When I expand my loop I'll add some :D

Did you know that there are 5.25" reservoirs? You didn't have to mod anything...but good job anyway, I should look into WC in my next build.

Oh yes of course, but this loop was also put in for the aesthetics, not just performance so I decided to go with what looked best. I think the EK res looks way better than any bay reservoir :P

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

I think your loop looks awesome and in hind sight I should have used a few more angled adapters. When I expand my loop I'll add some :D

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to that :P Hoping it will be awesome. Just a shame bitspower angled fittings are so expensive. I took regular bitspowerfittings and EK angled adapters. Luckily the colours match very nicely.

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to that :P Hoping it will be awesome. Just a shame bitspower angled fittings are so expensive. I took regular bitspowerfittings and EK angled adapters. Luckily the colours match very nicely.

Indeed they are quite expensive, but then again I did know what I was getting myself into when I started ordering watercooling parts lol :P

that sleeved tubing @.@ magical.

haha thanks man!