Star Wars Battlefront 3 Beta Details ! [October 8th to 12th]

givingtnt

As seen on the official Star Wars battlefront website : 

featuredImage.img.jpg

Get ready to be taken to a galaxy far, far away! Today, we are happy to reveal that the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Beta will be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and on PC via Origin players between October 8 and October 12. The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is a technical test and will give Rebels and Imperials alike just a small taste of the Star Wars™ battle fantasies you can expect to live out when the game launches on November 17.

The beta will include 3 modes :

• Walker Assault on Hoth
  • Drop Zone on Sullust
  • Survival Mission on Tatooin

Do I need to register for the Beta?

There is no need to register. The Star Wars Battlefront Companion is available during the beta to all players with an EA Account at www.StarWarsBattlefront.com.

What platform ?

• PC
  • Play Station 4
  • Xbox one

When ? : October 8 and will end on October 12

thats a 4 day beta !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I'm basing whether I'm purchasing the game on the beta, better be good. I want it to be good. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Isn't it just called Battlefront?  I look forward to playing it, but 4 days is kind of short for a beta.

Closed Alpha was pretty fun.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Isn't it just called Battlefront?  I look forward to playing it, but 4 days is kind of short for a beta.

its just enough in my opinion. you would be surprised at the ammount of data 4 days ill generate.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

4 days but an unlimited player base seems relatively fair.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

They need to stop calling 1 week tests "Beta" and call them was they are; Server Testing.

they are beta. its called beta testing.

ehh 59.99 game with a 100$ season pass .....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Beta is not the final product. This is testing the final product.

These days, most games are in Beta until they've been out for about a year.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

noooooooo!!!

Only 4 days, that's short. I know with my net connection i wont be able to complete the download in the first 2 days. So it probably will be a 1-2 day beta for me....

I'm so fucking stoked.  LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FOR THE EMPIRE.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

its just enough in my opinion. you would be surprised at the ammount of data 4 days ill generate.

It's not enough from my experience in BF4 CTE DICE needs a few days testing, then another few for the patch, and then another few days for people to try it out so they can make some final adjustments.

And that process goes on for 1-2 months until they release a retail patch.

I doubt they will actually patch anything in 4 days besides maybe some technical issues and server side problems.

RTX2070OC 

Excited ! At least I get to play over the weekend :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I'm excited for this. I really enjoyed the closed alpha.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It's not enough from my experience in BF4 CTE DICE needs a few days testing, then another few for the patch, and then another few days for people to try it out so they can make some final adjustments.

I doubt they will actually patch anything in 4 days besides maybe some technical issues and server side problems.

You do realize that the CTe BF4 is on the Frostbite engine? Same goes for the new Battlefront. All settings are the same.. So same implementations DICE did on the CTE can easily be transferred to the new Battlefront..

Same goes for Hardline.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

do you know what CTE is ?

CTE  are the servers that are IN BETA   these servers are ment for dice to throw new stuff at them, expecting it not to work.. ofc it takes time fixing. its a 24/7 beta mode.

do you know what CTE is ?

CTE  are the servers that are IN BETA   these servers are ment for dice to throw new stuff at them, expecting it not to work.. ofc it takes time fixing. its a 24/7 beta mode.

Those servers are in Beta just like the ones for Battlefront are the point is that they can't fix anything in 4 days as they have not enough feedback.

To fix something DICE needs the initial feedback than needs to make a fix and then do final fix ups with the second wave of feedback.

There is no way that's going to happen in the Battlefront Beta.

Battlefield 3 and 4 Betas were significantly longer and they didn't fix much either.

You do realize that the CTe BF4 is on the Frostbite engine? Same goes for the new Battlefront. All settings are the same.. So same implementations DICE did on the CTE can easily be transferred to the new Battlefront..

Same goes for Hardline.

Battlefront unlike Hardline is on a new version of Frostbite same goes for the new Need For Speed not everything will just move over easily.

RTX2070OC 

Still think it's going to be very disappointing, but I will give the "glorified demo" a try. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

So much leaked footage already, I know I'll have fun with it, if the engine/coding team gives it a good launch without much issue (bar the typical server load on launch titles)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz