Google Chrome WTF WTH did I get hacked, or did it get hacked?!

Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

shitty extension

So, I'm a small youtuber, and I've had an issue accessing google+/responding to my video comments on Waterfox (a 64 bit browser for firefox (as a side note, my father's company's security IT guy says it probably isn't safe, so if you have information on Waterfox, please tell me)), so I tried Microsoft Edge to use as a different browser. After spending a whole night trying to tell Cortana to stay out of my life and not to track me, I decided to open Google Chrome; my old browser which I no longer used because it supposively listened to all my convorsations. I open the page, and it seems to work fine. I go to youtube.com, and all the photo sections are changed to a face of a man, not just any man, but different photos of him. I'm not into pop culture or anything like that (I'm a techie... Seriously, there's a world besides sada cables and SSDs!?), so I can't recognize him. Anyone else have this error, or any ideas how to trouble shoot it? Attatched is a video. I got a cold, so i'm both annoyed and tired of running into errors from so many stupid browsers.

Basically:
1) Does anyone else have this problem or know what's wrong? Is it cause I haven't been on chrome? (has my laptop been hacked or something?)

2) Who the heck is that guy? (just curious)

3) Is waterfox a safe browser (my father works for a pretty strong IT based company, so to hear waterfox may be unstable is disturbing)

Thanks!

-LukeS

I_M_3rd

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

###### extension

Lol really, is that it?! xD I never thought of resetting my extensions, but then again, I never got any minus Norton and pintrest (for my younger sis)

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

-

Find an extension, nCage and remove it. It's in MOre tools > extensions.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

-snip-

Nicolas Cage

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Ok thanks guys, I get it now, and I deleted it, but how the heck did it get on my PC?! was this a prank I was unaware of? Thanks again, and is there any news of Waterfox?

Lol really, is that it?! xD I never thought of resetting my extensions, but then again, I never got any minus Norton and pintrest (for my younger sis)

yeah, it's probably an extension replacing all the jay-pegs, pngs, bmps, gifs, and webps to a nicholas cage pic

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

This is why I ******g love the LinusTechTips community. In any other community I woulda been laughed at soooooo much. Anyway peace out!

1) Somehow you got this extension installed: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ncage/hnbmfljfohghaepamnfokgggaejlmfol?hl=en

2) Nicolas Cage

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

was this a prank I was unaware of? 

yes

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

yes

Not on me, but like that google did to everyone... Wait, nvm xD I was at a gaming party and left for 4 minutes... Someone probably slipped it on then, and I jsut haven't opened chrome for 3 weeks. Either that or band practise. In any case THANKS Y'ALLS!

Not on me, but like that google did to everyone... Wait, nvm xD I was at a gaming party and left for 4 minutes... Someone probably slipped it on then, and I jsut haven't opened chrome for 3 weeks. Either that or band practise. In any case THANKS Y'ALLS!

yeah it had to be someone that downloaded it manually its not malicious and can't do it itself. Glad its all figured out though!

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

So, I'm a small youtuber, and I've had an issue accessing google+/responding to my video comments on Waterfox (a 64 bit browser for firefox (as a side note, my father's company's security IT guy says it probably isn't safe, so if you have information on Waterfox, please tell me)), so I tried Microsoft Edge to use as a different browser. After spending a whole night trying to tell Cortana to stay out of my life and not to track me, I decided to open Google Chrome; my old browser which I no longer used because it supposively listened to all my convorsations. I open the page, and it seems to work fine. I go to youtube.com, and all the photo sections are changed to a face of a man, not just any man, but different photos of him. I'm not into pop culture or anything like that (I'm a techie... Seriously, there's a world besides sada cables and SSDs!?), so I can't recognize him. Anyone else have this error, or any ideas how to trouble shoot it? Attatched is a video. I got a cold, so i'm both annoyed and tired of running into errors from so many stupid browsers.

Basically:

1) Does anyone else have this problem or know what's wrong? Is it cause I haven't been on chrome? (has my laptop been hacked or something?)

2) Who the heck is that guy? (just curious)

3) Is waterfox a safe browser (my father works for a pretty strong IT based company, so to hear waterfox may be unstable is disturbing)

Thanks!

-LukeS

I_M_3rd

Trying too hard at trolling.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC