Community Opinion - Ads by FanDuel?

nicklmg

Thanks for your feedback :)

That's the goal of this thread - to see how relatable they may be to you guys. I know it isn't a perfect fit at first glance, but I wanted to get some feedback from everyone and see what the general consensus would be (or if there would be one).

hm. ok iv looked at it more now.  with a doof account.

to be honest. idk.  pay. to play games, to get payed ?

looks a bit dogy.   what kind of promotion would they/you offer anyway ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Okay, I'm someone who gets sick and tired of watching TV and every commercial break there's a football fantasy football add. Please don't.

I really think I'd stop watching because its just gotten annoying. Also in my mind

Sports & Tech don't go together. Thank you for giving us a say on this ad though. Believe me, If it gets you guys money I'm all for it but these fantasy football ads are so sketchy its not even funny.

I hear fantasy football ads everywhere. Its beyond annoying this time of year. ffs I cant even block those ads from playing on pandora anymore.

I think you could get a better sponsor and if you do choose to take them on just make sure Linus doesn't do any of that
"There's big cash prizes every week" bull-shit because I really hate it. Its honestly click-bait. 

There site is blocked here by local ISP/Gov xD 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Thanks for your feedback :)

That's the goal of this thread - to see how relatable they may be to you guys. I know it isn't a perfect fit at first glance, but I wanted to get some feedback from everyone and see what the general consensus would be (or if there would be one).

You have a certain responsibility towards your viewers. If fanduels age restriction mechanism is anything, like on comparable gambling sites, then you're promoting gambling to minors. Things you promote on LTT are seen as good or reliable by your viewers. Let's take Crunchy Roll as an example. This was a perfect fit, since as you can see, a lot of teenagers who are interested in technology or gaming like anime. Why not just stick with sponsors that are relevant to your viewerbase. You have a young audience, and the fact that you insist on beeping out swear words shows that you realize that you have this responsibility for them. It boils down to this: Do you want to change your demographic and make content for a more mature audience or do you want to keep making content aimed at a young audience which has made you so successful. This is the factor, you should choose your sponsors by.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I don't watch ads.

but if i did, more money for LTT

Go ahead

You have to first ask if anyone here is actually into fantasy sports (i don't even know what it is). From my experience, people that're big tech lovers don't really like sports that much.

Maybe a strawpoll or something similar, to see if anyone actually would use that site?

I personally couldn't care less about sports, but that's just me.

Good insight. Thanks :)

well if it puts bread on the table then it don't really matter :)

but honestly, we should see if anyone else has used fanduel here

It does though. We want to make sure that anything we're promoting to you guys is something we can stand behind and something that may appeal to a large portion of our audience. If it doesn't make sense for you guys, then it doesn't make sense for the advertiser to spend their money on our channel. That helps literally no one (speaking from a long-term perspective of course).

It does though. We want to make sure that anything we're promoting to you guys is something we can stand behind and something that may appeal to a large portion of our audience. If it doesn't make sense for you guys, then it doesn't make sense for the advertiser to spend their money on our channel. That helps literally no one (speaking from a long-term perspective of course).

yeah i think you should decline it, it's not gonna be relatable enough to your viewers

EDIT: 999 posts kek

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Thanks for the support :) but that is only one of many factors we consider when evaluating potential ad deals haha :P

ERMAGHERD! 999 posts!!!!! I'm not a sports guy, but if LMG gets all teh monies then sure. Why not? As long as they're reputable companies you endorse, I haven't got a problem with any potential sponsors. What I would be a HUGE fan of would be hilarious sponsor spots like the ones Jay, Kyle, and Paul do for Fractal. However, I do understand the time and energy that is required to make those adverts isn't always practical. 

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Honestly, I've never heard of Fanduel and actually forgot what it was called while writing this. Any adverts you guys do for them would do zero in terms of causing me to use their service, or whatever it is they do exactly. Fantasy sports are not something I'm at all interested in. While I don't mind you guys advertising for anyone. Anything not based around my specific interests (tech, medicine, psychology, school, working out) won't cause me to want to use their thing or whatever it is. I would recommend looking for advertising deals with tech related things. Also, maybe you could find a specific sponsor for Channel Super Fun. (A website where you an buy cool/fun things, a games service, something like that?) I haven't got anything specific in mind.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

You have to first ask if anyone here is actually into fantasy sports (i don't even know what it is). From my experience, people that're big tech lovers don't really like sports that much.

Maybe a strawpoll or something similar, to see if anyone actually would use that site?

I personally couldn't care less about sports, but that's just me.

I've heard of it? But I have literally no idea how it works, as well as giving zero cares about sports in general. I can only speak for myself though.

NO.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I've heard of it? But I have literally no idea how it works, as well as giving zero cares about sports in general. I can only speak for myself though.

I really don't care about most of them... About a week ago there was a semi-final European championship (basketball). At the time i was at one coffee shop, helping my sister that's working there, and everyone was literally glued to the screen, while i had my back turned to it, playing a game on my phone (only turning around a few times to check the score)... I care that much about sports...

I really don't care about most of them... About a week ago there was a semi-final European championship (basketball). At the time i was at one coffee shop, helping my sister that's working there, and everyone was literally glued to the screen, while i had my back turned to it, playing a game on my phone (only turning around a few times to check the score)... I care that much about sports...

IKR? I'm like "Wait... Why am I supposed to care about this?" :)

IKR? I'm like "Wait... Why am I supposed to care about this?" :)

All i'm seeing is people running around, usually chasing a ball. There are some interesting tidbits, but they're even less than 1 min long... 

No thanks. For 90 min. (one football match), i can read at least 30 pages (depends on the book), or watch a movie, or do something that will actually entertain me :D

personally i don't think gambling is something that LTT should be promoting.

that does not mean I'm going to unsub because you ran an add for that company. but then again a lot of people might be upset.

plus there is a lot of young, very young members in this community and it might be unfair of them if you guys start promoting adult only thing.

Think about this, If i saw my kid watching a video that promote something that's out of his age. there is a chance that he or she is not going to watch again. 

also a lot of people seem to have concerns about spam, redirects and other shady stuff. may be take a second look. 

Even if Fanduel is a legit site with good reputation (I never used it) it could make your content look sketchy for new viewers, because so many sites of this type are shady.

If you are not desperate, I would look for another sponsor!

I don't like it cause gambling site, and a lot of people here don't play or watch sports ( chess is not a sport people ).

I would say find another sponsor.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Not all of the audience is American so it will appeal to a smaller margin. Thats the same deal with Ting. Unless it is counting sports from around the world less people would take note.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

I would love if you guys could get sponsored by people like asus and stuff and get exclusive deals for hardware. But the if you really want my honest opinion about the sports thing, If it wasnt for me wantiong to support you guys and i saw that ad I would totally skip through it. Not really something that i would be interested at all.

Thanks for all the responses so far. I'll monitor for a bit but so far I have a good idea of the general consensus of initial respondents :)

Unsure should be Turnip imo lol

I don't really think something like this should be on LMG videos.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I believe that as long as the advertising or spots you use aren't adult in nature, you'll be ok. Yes, it is gambling, and Yes, its adult only, but as long as the content displayed is family friendly, you'll be ok.

I would love if you guys could get sponsored by people like asus and stuff and get exclusive deals for hardware. But the if you really want my honest opinion about the sports thing, If it wasnt for me wantiong to support you guys and i saw that ad I would totally skip through it. Not really something that i would be interested at all.

If they did this everyone would be hard pressed to prove they aren't bias during reviews when all the comments scream bloody murder when they recommend a product.