Why I uninstalled The Phantom Pain (Minor Spoilers)

SwedishHaxMafia

I am so incredibly furious about this bullshit in the game that I uninstalled it after having spent a very enjoyable 30 hours in the game. There is a mission in which your objective is to eliminate militants in a town (the militants are kids) and yet you can't shoot/kill the kids without the mission instantly failing despite it being your objective to kill them. It gets worse when you get into a bossfight and all of the kids shoot at you yet if you shoot back, you're the immoral one and you instantly fail the mission.

I fucking hate it when games try to teach me real life morals as if they apply to video games and some pixels on a screen are somehow more valuable than others and people can't be killed. They expect you to either run from the bullets or put the kids to sleep using your tranquilizer gun, meanwhile they're shooting at you with AKs. Until somebody makes a mod to fix this issue, this game will remain uninstalled which makes me very sad as I was really enjoying the game up until this point. 

edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that you can't fulton extract the kids either so you only have two options. 1. try and sneak past all of the kids without them noticing you.

2. Individually subdue every single one of them with the tranquilizer and try and put the bodies somewhere where they won't be seen.

If you want to shatter your moral compass, you could just play Spec Ops: The Line. Best $5 i ever spent on a game.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.