My F@H Has Killed Itself

Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

*ditch Windows 10*

^ this exactly

windows 10 has way too many issues at this point so dont use it for f@h

Hey all, Im super tired, so not gonna respond till morning, butthis morning I woke up and checked on my folding (left it on last night) the gpu showed 3.00seconds tilll completeon R9 290 at base clock, but when i woke up it still said 3 seconds (Been happening alot, thats mainly why I quit before summer. its now winter so I thought i'd start it back up.). thats when I opened up my intel tuning utility and it crashed my computer. (Windows 10, go figure). So I restart it before going to school only to find that F@H wont launch. a restart later, still no luck. a reinstall later, no luck. F@H wont startup. Hardware in description. the cpu is the only one that seems to fininsh workloads. Alright g'night

ps: I have ram leakeges with windows 10. not gonna reinstall it, too lazy.

pss:sorry for poor spelling, I am so tired that i can't even.

psss:s sorry gor ungramaticalizing, im still supertired

pssss: gor is supposed to be for 

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Hey all, Im super tired, so not gonna respond till morning, butthis morning I woke up and checked on my folding (left it on last night) the gpu showed 3.00seconds tilll completeon R9 290 at base clock, but when i woke up it still said 3 seconds (Been happening alot, thats mainly why I quit before summer. its now winter so I thought i'd start it back up.). thats when I opened up my intel tuning utility and it crashed my computer. (Windows 10, go figure). So I restart it before going to school only to find that F@H wont launch. a restart later, still no luck. a reinstall later, no luck. F@H wont startup. Hardware in description. the cpu is the only one that seems to fininsh workloads. Alright g'night

ps: I have ram leakeges with windows 10. not gonna reinstall it, too lazy.

pss:sorry for poor spelling, I am so tired that i can't even.

psss:s sorry gor ungramaticalizing, im still supertired

pssss: gor is supposed to be for 

*ditch Windows 10*

^ this exactly

In all honesty, aside for a driver issue with my Corsair headset (which are known to have shjtty driver support) and a day 1 bug where I couldn't delete files on my laptop (which was fixed day 2, so...), I'm yet to find an issue with Windows 10. It's been great to me so far.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Don't know about you guys, haven't been keeping up to date with the interwebs lately. But

windows 10 has been kind to me atleast, zero issues aside from having a hard time launching

games from steam.. i also fold 24/7 on two gpu's with no problems.

Remember that amd gpu's have a tendency to experience driver crashes at certain workloads 

though, if the driver crashes in the middle of a wu it usually gets stuck at 99.99%, when in reality 

you can be at anywhere from [0< 100>]. Restart the client and it will pick up where it left off before 

the crash.

Also, did you delete the data and re-install the client after installing win10? check the box that 

says delete data.

^ this exactly

funny thing is that folding@home on my windows 10 machine has been the only freaking thing that works

funny thing is that folding@home on my windows 10 machine has been the only freaking thing that works

Heh, it's like every tech guys firsth help (realy in theyr maind). Do a clear install of your OS (...as i dont know what the hell is wrong whit it) firsth.

So ditch W10 and try Ubuntu :P:D

Don't know about you guys, haven't been keeping up to date with the interwebs lately. But

windows 10 has been kind to me atleast, zero issues aside from having a hard time launching

games from steam.. i also fold 24/7 on two gpu's with no problems.

Remember that amd gpu's have a tendency to experience driver crashes at certain workloads 

though, if the driver crashes in the middle of a wu it usually gets stuck at 99.99%, when in reality 

you can be at anywhere from [0< 100>]. Restart the client and it will pick up where it left off before 

the crash.

Also, did you delete the data and re-install the client after installing win10? check the box that 

says delete data.

Same here windows 10 has been very kind to me, No problems what so ever (touch-wood). Also less stuttering when its working at 100%. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Heh, it's like every tech guys firsth help (realy in theyr maind). Do a clear install of your OS (...as i dont know what the hell is wrong whit it) firsth.

I did... A.. Fresh...... Install...

Four... Freaking............times......................

I blame a faulty motherboard.

I used to use Ubuntu. But then I wanted to play gemes without using wine :P

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Windows 10 is fixed in the next build (10547)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit