people with a asus mx279h monitor

dbzin4k

OK so i got a mx279h a few days ago and on the setting with the best colours i have noticed that in-game or on TV shows that things are overly dark and things that are light get too light like call of duty when you go inside a building things are just to dark and things that are light are to light  like whight writing blends in with the sky and i have tried changing the settings and when i get the light and dark areas how that should be the colours look washed out i have also tried changing the game brightness but colors are still not right is this a faulty monitor or is this just how the monitor is also i was playing the game on xbox 360 i also tried different games aswell

im not good at explaining things in writing so if you dont understand properly i will try to explain differently

Seems like its a problem with your contrast.

I've got the mx279h as well, I can tell you what settings I'm using - don't know if it'll help.

Monitor settings:

Brightness 54%

Contrast 80%

Saturation 50%

nVidia settings:

Brightness 58%

Contrast 43%

Hue 180 degrees

Saturation 54%

Other settings are on default

Try the sRGB preset. Some things may be too dark so turn up the brightness but I don't have an issues with things being washed out

my settings is 

monitor settings

brightness 80

contrast 80 

saturation 50

sharpness 40

even though things are dark blacks look like they give off light i also went to this website http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ and set my settings to how it should look and colours still did not look good dose this seen like it might be a fault with the monitor