Nvidia GTX 980 in a Laptop

Ok nvidia, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR FITTING ONE ON A LAPTOP AND NOT TWO ON A PCIE CARD? Where is out gtx 990?

Why would they bother when they have the Titan thing going on? In all honesty, the Titan is a better platform. None of the complications that come with multi-chip cards and all the power you'd get from a 990, were it built. Also 4x SLI.

inb4 can it play crysis comments. 

but, what are heat outputs of this ? wasn't mentioned in the video , will it throttle underload? 

I'm running a laptop with a 100W 7970m. Under load it feels like the exhaust could light fires. I'd hate to see what a desktop GPU would be like.

Sager/Clevo NP9170

i7-3610QM 2.3GHz | Radeon HD 7970M 2GB | 12GB 1600MHz | 2x 240GB OCZ SSD | 750GB Hybrid Drive | Windows 10

Why would they bother when they have the Titan thing going on? In all honesty, the Titan is a better platform. None of the complications that come with multi-chip cards and all the power you'd get from a 990, were it built. Also 4x SLI.

you can do 4x sli with two dual gpu cards as well... and frankly a titan x doesn't perform nearly as well as two 980s would. Of course it would be nicer to have a dual 980ti card, but that would have some serious heat issues - that said if the 295x2 runs fine, they might as well try it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Nice links bruh. 

Hmm, the tool we use seems to be experiencing some errors recently... Fixed now.

Okay, I'm really geeking out about this because I am really thinking on getting this with a Clevo P775dm.

If i'm correct that model has a desktop CPU in it.

WANT.

you are right, i guess there are some cases i could work...

idk if hotels have nice internet, but i guess i could suit you

It suits me perfectly, night security at a mental home... I basically get paid to play games lol