60-80 fps is LAG or NORMAL?

Zhanlun Liang

I saw somebody playing Battlefield 4 with GTX960 and the fps is between 60 to 80...Is that normal or lag??

Thanks ! ! !

Ya. My English isn't very good. I'm not really good in talking English but I'm learning...You making fun with my English, so WHAT??? You get what?? You can just correct the people and this is better than laugh at the people...

Lower than 45 is laggy.

that's microsutter - means the card ran out of VRAM or memory bandwidth

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I saw somebody playing Battlefield 4 with GTX960 and the fps is between 60 to 80...Is that normal or lag??

Thanks ! ! !

That's good fps.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Lower than 45 is laggy.

I beg to differ - I've played games @ 40 fps half my life - doesn't really feel laggy as long as frame time is consistent.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

That's good fps.

VRAM, Battlefield 4 needs at least 3GB of VRAM to work properly on anything but low-medium.

I beg to differ - I've played games @ 40 fps half my life - doesn't really feel laggy as long as frame time is consistent.

i've dealt with ~23fps in tf2 for the longest time so i know the pain

and ~25 in grid 2

and ~35 in driver san francisco

i can jeep going on ;-;

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

i've dealt with ~23fps in tf2 for the longest time so i know the pain

and ~25 in grid 2

and ~35 in driver san francisco

i can jeep going on ;-;

bellow 30 it's laggy - I concur. 35 with consistent frame time is fine. Try Riva Tuner and set the fps in any game to 35.

VRAM, Battlefield 4 needs at least 3GB of VRAM to work properly on anything but low-medium.

1. OP only asked if 60-80 fps is 'laggy'

2. my friend has played BF4 on a 2GB GTX 680 and was fine..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I play most games at 60 FPS, anything below 50 feels really bad thb.

STOP.

I've dealt with ~20-30 FPS for over 3 months in BF4. Do you even know how much of an advantage FPS in is bf4? UN-playable. Finally after 4 months of sending defective Corsair RAM back TWICE my gaming pc works in all it's 200FPS glory.  :) 

So NO 60FPS + is JUST FINE :)

Thanks!

Chris R.

Thanks ! ! !

It's just the framerate dropping/rising. Not unusual and not an issue.

Lower than 45 is laggy.

Laggy isn't the proper word for that.

I don't understand this question. those GPU's don't preform the same....

You mean perform. Normally I don't correct people, but that misspelling seems to be common.

And OP only mentioned one GPU - singular, not plural.

that's microsutter - means the card ran out of VRAM or memory bandwidth

That's not what microstutter is - not what the OP is pointing out.

Thanks ! ! !

I play BF4 with Dual R7 260x in CrossfireX {Just stop the hate train right there I already know} and I get anywhere from an honest 100-150 FPS settings Auto Med-High mix. Works real good. So I don't see why that 960 isn't getting better fps. {I'm at 1080 as well} 60 is low-ish 80 is normal.

Different maps and the amount of players all slow fps. Ex. A full server on Hanian Resort on Conquest @ C {Or the hotel} I'll drop down to around 60. If it's a half full server in the same spot I'll get 80FPS.....it always depends on the variables the GPU is rendering.

Thanks!

Chris R.

between 60-80 is ideal framerate. especially if you only have a 60hz monitor.  its when you get dips below that, where you start seeing problems.  but in my opinion anything above 30 is playable (depending on the game and what you're used to. i used to play guildwars with less than 20fps) as long as its stable and doesnt fluctuate

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

If it's above 30 fps, then it's not lag

It might have just ran out of vram or sometbing

I could play BF4 on my 760 OEM (with 1.5GB of Vram) and with everything at High @ 1080p and it didnt go above 1.4GB Vram.

1. OP only asked if 60-80 fps is 'laggy'

2. my friend has played BF4 on a 2GB GTX 680 and was fine..

im also fine on a GTX 770

but i do get drop down to the 40s and 50s in explosions, and when the shangahi tower falls i get about 55 fps in the general area on the US side

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think many people who have posted here don't understand meaning of lag.

LAG isn't FPS related. LAG refers to ping spiking and causing in-game jumping around, hits not recording to server etc.

Microstutters aren't always FPS related. They can be but most commonly are kinda between lag and FPS DROPS.

FPS DROPs are when FPS drops 20-50 units under average. That whats OP is referring to. And no, it doesn't mean that playing with under 45fps average is bad. Lower the average FPS, less it needs to drop to be annoying. Thats the real reason why people aim for over 100fps on shooters. Monitors can't handle it but you feel less issue when fps drops from 120 to 90 than when it would dropping from 60 to 30.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

500+ ping = lag lol

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon