i7 4790k Getting Hot

Hi there guys but would any of you know temps for i7 4790k as I'm checking Real Temp as of yesterday to see the temps and i'm seeing 94 degrees under max load is that normal or not my pc is cooled via custom liquid cooling along with gpu cooled added in the loop.

Not normal at all. it's probably even thermal throttling.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Hi there guys but would any of you know temps for i7 4790k as I'm checking Real Temp as of yesterday to see the temps and i'm seeing 94 degrees under max load is that normal or not my pc is cooled via custom liquid cooling along with gpu cooled added in the loop.

Somethings wrong.. Shut it down make sure the pump is working for a start as its custom. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Umm no what are your voltages and overclock, not to mention idle temps. I'm suspecting probbaly a bad mount with the waterblock so remounting it should fix it.

Not normal at all. it's probably even thermal throttling.

Somethings wrong.. Shut it down make sure the pump is working for a start as its custom. 

Put your ear next to the pump, you should hear a whine/buzz from it. Also make sure it's seated properly with the right amount of thermal paste. Not normal for an AIO cooler.

Umm no what are your voltages and overclock, not to mention idle temps. I'm suspecting probbaly a bad mount with the waterblock so remounting it should fix it.

Check first if your CPU block is mounted the right way. And makes good connection to the heat spreader. After that make sure water is flowing through your loop dont listen to your pump because if your pump makes noise it could be broken. Also have you OC you gpu or nah?

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Put your ear next to the pump, you should hear a whine/buzz from it. Also make sure it's seated properly with the right amount of thermal paste. Not normal for an AIO cooler.

Done a custom loop not AIO

Check first if your CPU block is mounted the right way. And makes good connection to the heat spreader. After that make sure water is flowing through your loop dont listen to your pump because if your pump makes noise it could be broken. Also have you OC you gpu or nah?

My pump died and stopped making noise.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Here's my clocks under load 

post-12745-0-50177300-1442907089.jpg

What are the temps at idle for both your CPU and GPU, if the CPU is high even at idle then you most likely have a bad mount on the CPU block.

Might sound stupid but did you put the inlet to the IN port?

LOL everything on the loop is correct in to in out to out

Looks like your cpu block isnt mounted correctly. After that try the other things. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

na haven't oc'd the gpu

LOL everything on the loop is correct in to in out to out

Even wrong still works normal :D. orientation doesnt matter. 

na haven't oc'd the gpu

Your CPU :D 

oke if no really

re mount your cpu block.

Firstly go into the bios, save the profile and then load optimised defaults, 

Have you checked the pump? Try and punch the outlet and see if you can feel a "pulse" you should be able to feel the liquid flowing past. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Even wrong still works normal :D. orientation doesnt matter. 

Some CPU blocks can have a fairly significant difference in temps since it's designed to flow water through one way, by forcing it through a jet plate/guide and the fins but will still work backwards just not as efficiently.

Some CPU blocks can have a fairly significant difference in temps since it's designed to flow water through one way, by forcing it through a jet plate/guide and the fins but will still work backwards just not as efficiently.

Yea, but should still work. But he said he orientated it the right way so we have to believe that. 

This is what happens to me with a stock cooler.... but watercooling? there must be something wrong with your loop!

CPU - Intel core i7 4790K @ 4.00Ghz | GPU - MSI GTX970 G4 4GB | RAM - Corsair 16GB LP @ 1600Mhz | MOBO - MSI Gaming 5 Z97

HHDs - WD blue 1TB, Toshiba 500GB, Samsung 240GB(ssd) | Case - NZXT H440 | Cooler - NZXT kraken x61(soon) | PSU - Corsair RM 850W

Monitors - 2x BenQ RL2455HM | Headset - Steel Series Siberia Elite prism | MouseSteel Series Rivals | Keyboard - Steel Series Apex M800

Here's a picture of my loop

Which CPU waterblock is that? It looks upside down. Your GPU waterblock is also reversed. Not sure if this matters for that block, but generally the right is the inlet. 

blackshades on

1) Has it always been at these temps?

2) Check the temperature feeling of your water lines, one should feel hot, one should feel not so hot, this ensures your pump is moving the liquid properly

3) While the computer is running, push down on your CPU water block, and see if the temperatures see a drop. If so, you need to reseat your block.

4) What kind of thermal paste are you using? This matters at least a little bit.

5) When you mounted your block, how did you attach it? Did you use a star pattern when tightening your screws in order to flatten the thermal paste evenly?

Your temps are far too high. I'm running an overclock and using a standard AOI water cooler and it doesn't reach 92 unless I'm at 4.9+ ghz and doing encoding.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!