Hi100 pile of f**king c**p

Get a cup filled with DRY rice and place it in the case for a few days. It will help remove some of the moisture in there. Or get some desiccant packs and scatter them around the inside of the case.

Military surplus shops sometimes carry large desiccant packs.

The Corsair H100 series has one of the highest failure rates believe it or not. And an AIO is essential a pump attached to a copper plate. Leaking is hard to cause just by an installation. Lower quality tubing is most likely the reason. 

I and many other people across the internet have h100i's and I rarely ever hear of it failing. Screwing things in too tight, mounting hardware improperly, or stretching / bending the tubing in a extreme manor can all lead to points of failure. Also the H100i has very high quality tubing, insulated well, and secured well- like I said it could be stretching or bending of the tube.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I suppose you have proof to back this up? Or is this another Corsair is shit rant?

Yeah, it's a common occurrence. A lot of people just don't like Corsair and often don't have proof to back it up, they just don't like it. I also get it that Corsair is kinda the Apple of the PC world, they're more expensive yes, but they're also a more premium option.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I suppose you have proof to back this up? Or is this another Corsair is shit rant?

No, it's not a corsair is shit rant. I buy AIOs from Corsica almost exclusively.  The H100i in particular is shit. They broke from using Astek pumps and put whatever the fuck in there. The h100i GTX went back to Asetek, for a good reason. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Yeah, it's a common occurrence. A lot of people just don't like Corsair and often don't have proof to back it up, they just don't like it. I also get it that Corsair is kinda the Apple of the PC world, they're more expensive yes, but they're also a more premium option.

Ok it should not be too difficult to provide proof then.

You realise that saying its common is not proof right?

You should start with looking at the numbers sold vs the failure rate and then study a link between that failure rate and other products of the same class to see if the failure rate is higher than other OEM's products.

Only then can you draw conclusions, but its much easier to say thats its common right?

Listen, you decided to OC, and I do NOT recommend that, and I always love getting the most performance.

If you stuck with a stock cooler, you wouldn't have an issue.

Also, you got a faulty product. Tough shit. there is nothing more that you can do, unless you build with 50% you were given.

Some of your stuff may work, if you dry it off, and if the system wasn't running.

That is why I recommend turning off your computer every time you aren't using it, or it is doing a critical task.

So i came home today to find a small puddle of liquid next to my pc, unsure as to what it was i looked inside my case to find droplets on my graphics card and mobo, the reason my hi100 leaked. Iv had this thing for 2 months and its already failed completely. To make matters worse i contacted corsair and they said they will only pay for 50% of the damages, WTF do i do?!?!?!      

sue them

The H100i warranty doesn't include coverage for other damaged components.

What are Corsair's replacement options?

Corsair offers the following Warranty fulfillment options:

Standard Replacement:

Through Corsair's Standard Replacement process, Corsair will issue an approved RMA number for the return and replacement of your defective product(s). Our Standard Replacement processing time from receipt of your product(s) to the replacement product(s) shipment is 1-3 business days plus transit time.

The 50% you are getting is a good will gesture. They usually only replace your cooler. You are getting more than most people would. :)

Watercooling a risk, you shouldn't forget that when getting an AIO.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

50% is better than nothing. All AIO cooler doesn't cover third party damage(state in the policy). Like you bought new car that have warranty, but they never cover the garage door that you ran into. Something here, but most time you can get RMA from you manufacture(I did that several times already). In the end, everything will fail at some point, don't point finger at someone for the thing you already know.

They should use a non-conductive fluid inside, it shouldn't damage any components. I once had EK Pastel Orange coolant leak throught my entire computer, GPU was soaked and it worked after that. Just was a bit orange

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

il have to give that a go, but i think if im going to go water cooling again im doing whole loop, built by me so if it fails its only my fault 

While it will be your fault, the chance of a self built loop leaking is a lot bigger. You also have to replace liquid once in a while etc. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

They should use a non-conductive fluid inside, it shouldn't damage any components. I once had EK Pastel Orange coolant leak throught my entire computer, GPU was soaked and it worked after that. Just was a bit orange

No fluid is non-conductive, even distill water will conduct when touch anything.

No fluid is non-conductive, even distill water will conduct when touch anything.

Incorrect, pure water is non conductive. It requires ions to be conductive. It's just very difficult to have pure water as simply breaking the seal on the container contaminates it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

The Corsair H100 series has one of the highest failure rates believe it or not. And an AIO is essential a pump attached to a copper plate. Leaking is hard to cause just by an installation. Lower quality tubing is most likely the reason. 

maybe because its one of the most sold units?

So... more sold. more bad units exposed to the market, more QQ.....

Incorrect, pure water is non conductive. It requires ions to be conductive. It's just very difficult to have pure water as simply breaking the seal on the container contaminates it.

Like I said, when water "touch" the component it become conduct. 

"Failure rate" Is what I said. This implies a percentage so It does not matter how many they sold.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

*doesn't know what a failure rate is *

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Get the 50%, clean where it's leaked with ~90% or more isopropyl alcochol, pray to the old gods of the PC master race for forgiveness and beg for they will bring the life back to your system. Lay down in a corner, try not to cry. Cry a lot. Don't even try to sue them cause they're a megacorporation that means:

a) they will extend the court processes for 10 years and you will get pretty much nothing

b) you will run out of money paying your lawyers in the long run

c) loose because their policy states that they will not cover the 3rd party damage and after that you will run out of money even more cause (at least where I live) if you loose you have to cover the opponents expenses on lawyers. And oh boy megacorps don't run with cheap lawyers.

Life's hard.

*doesnt know how to read*

*doesn't know what a failure rate is *

muh specs 

All parts black

Distilled conducts incredibly little, nowhere near enough to damage any components. Also most WC fluids used are non conductive. The only reason that distilled water does conduct a bit is because of occasional reaction between the h2o atoms causing acids and bases to occur. 

Unless the PC was on most things don't mind a bath as long as they're fully dried before you turn it back on.

Try cleaning it with 99% isoprpyl and let dry, don't try to turn it on

This, as the coolant may contain conductive elements. This is why I tell people not to bother with AIO units because I keep seeing reconditioned ones all the time and you have to ask the question... why is it reconditioned to begin with? and why are there so many of them?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

handle all aio with great care, the most vulnerable part imo is the tubing, apply too much tension on it it might just pop off

This, as the coolant may contain conductive elements. This is why I tell people not to bother with AIO units because I keep seeing reconditioned ones all the time and you have to ask the question... why is it reconditioned to begin with? and why are there so many of them?

I doubt people by and large are trying to return their leaking AIO coolers to Amazon and Newegg. They're contacting Corsair for replacements. Refurbished/Open Box units come from returns within the website's 30 day return window, and that's more likely to be because of shipping damage or buyers with second thoughts. Even among the few that will eventually fail, it will probably happen beyond 30 days.

I don't know where you're seeing "so many of them," I think I see refurbished versions of just about everything on Newegg.