Hi100 pile of f**king c**p

So i came home today to find a small puddle of liquid next to my pc, unsure as to what it was i looked inside my case to find droplets on my graphics card and mobo, the reason my hi100 leaked. Iv had this thing for 2 months and its already failed completely. To make matters worse i contacted corsair and they said they will only pay for 50% of the damages, WTF do i do?!?!?!      

You stop complaining because of one issue caused by a product. Sure, you ended up getting a faulty cooler. Cool. Sh*t happens. You drew a bad straw. Take what they're willing to give you, and run with it. They're not entitled to give you anything without an investigation, so take it. And for all we care, don't buy from them again and don't recommend them. It doesn't matter.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

wow, seems like a dick move to only pay for 50% of the damages. you still have warranty on the thing, right?

yeh, but im worried i may not be able to recoup the rest of my loses from home insurance

You stop complaining because of one issue caused by a product. Sure, you ended up getting a faulty cooler. Cool. Sh*t happens. You drew a bad straw. Take what they're willing to give you, and run with it. They're not entitled to give you anything without an investigation, so take it. And for all we care, don't buy from them again and don't recommend them. It doesn't matter.

complaining! this thing has ruined my pc, i think people need know

yeh, but im worried i may not be able to recoup the rest of my loses from home insurance 

anyway, looking on the bright side of this, it is a very good excuse to upgrade the damaged internals :D

take 50% of the damages, (if you computer was off when it leaked) and dry everything fully and you might find alot of it still works

i was away for the week working, so i have some sort of limescale on parts of the pc, and idea how to get it off?

anyway, looking on the bright side of this, it is a very good excuse to upgrade the damaged internals :D

it would be, if i hadn't done that 2 months ago :(

take the 50% dont turn the thing on for couple of days and when it is all dry try turning it on most of the stuff should work and you can buy a new h100i with the money and will still have money left win/win

BTW has anyone had problems with corsair products before and got full refunds etc... Do you think il be able to pressure them into paying for all of it?

It's very unfortunate, but all water coolers can catastrophically fail. Not common, but it can happen. The fact that corsair paid 50% damages even though they likely had no binding obligation is really cool. 

As far as the cooler itself goes, I'm partial to Asetek and Asetek rebrands. Most corsair coolers are Asetek rebrands, but not the H100i. Much lower quality IMHO.

Check Asetek's website to find out what Corsair/NZXT/ect unts use an Asetek AIO. 

(I'm an Asetek whore)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It happens sometimes. It's the risk you get for going AIO since they're all very cheap components. A proper loop costs at least triple the price. I would just take the 50% and try to salvage what I can from the machine. They don't have to give you anything except replace the h100 so consider yourself lucky that they're willing to pay anything at all. 

i was away for the week working, so i have some sort of limescale on parts of the pc, and idea how to get it off?

Isopropbyl alcohol on a cloth, although the residue won't be conductive and won't damage components as long as it's dry

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

complaining! this thing has ruined my pc, i think people need know

We all know the risks of using water in a computer. Not exactly a new concept. ESD is still a thing, and you don't see people saying "Oh no, I built up a static charge, didn't discharge myself, and ruined X part in my computer!" You are complaining. I get that you're mad. I would be too. The natural response is to rant about it, vent your frustrations. Like I said, don't recommend the product if you've had a bad experience with it. But also don't go bashing a product that is indeed good and calling it "f***ing c**p" because you had one bad experience. Just kindly remind people that these things happen, let them know the risks.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Just so you know failure rates on H100i's are very low. As with most AIO's, it may be the fault of the way you installed it.

The Corsair H100 series has one of the highest failure rates believe it or not. And an AIO is essential a pump attached to a copper plate. Leaking is hard to cause just by an installation. Lower quality tubing is most likely the reason. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Try cleaning it with 99% isoprpyl and let dry, don't try to turn it on

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Isopropbyl alcohol on a cloth, although the residue won't be conductive and won't damage components as long as it's dry

il have to give that a go, but i think if im going to go water cooling again im doing whole loop, built by me so if it fails its only my fault 

BTW has anyone had problems with corsair products before and got full refunds etc... Do you think il be able to pressure them into paying for all of it?

They don't do refunds for faulty products usually unless it's really bad. It's the industry standard. You get a replacement item, not your money back. Take what you can and be happy with it. 

The Corsair H100 series has one of the highest failure rates believe it or not. And an AIO is essential a pump attached to a copper plate. Leaking is hard to cause just by an installation. Lower quality tubing is most likely the reason. 

This. The h100i IS a pile of shit. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

This. The h100i IS a pile of shit. 

That is essentially what I was trying to say but more professionally. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

I suppose you have proof to back this up? Or is this another Corsair is shit rant?