PC keeps forcing internet to dropout even when not connect to the modem

Go to solution Solved by Deagon,

my ISP is currently upgrading the copper network in my area to fiber  and i know for a fact that the network is congested. 

Yeah, i'd say this is the big part of the problem, cause when part of the network goes down when they are switching it, they route the traffic through other portions, and congest it. Add that to the fact that you are playing some pretty data intensive games, its either just getting too congested, or your ISP culls your connection to avoid collapsing the local part of your network. 

If your line is fine then I'd just chalk it up to the network. One of the big reasons I don't use DSL is issues like this. the fiber connection should be fine though once its finished. I'd still call and complain that your internet goes out 30-40 times a day and you don't know why you are paying for something that never works, and if you are lucky they will not make you pay some of it (has worked for me before, actually made them extend my payment date and comp for the time it didn't work, and i never had to pay anything extra and even got a few extra days free for the issue). Good luck! :)

So i have an issue whenever i play a couple of steam games namely modded skyrim and shadow of modor. The internet would dropout, i'm connected via a WiFi card ( TL-WN881ND ) so to troubleshoot i disabled my wifi card. But i still got dropouts even though my computer isn't even connected to the modem ( NETGEAR DGND3700v2 ) what the hell is going on? 

I fail to see how getting dropouts when the NIC is disabled is an issue.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

your pc is not the issue.

What other devices are connected to the network and who uses them?

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

I fail to see how getting dropouts when the NIC is disabled is an issue.

Maybe i'm terrible at explaining things.... whenever i play a game even with my WiFi card disabled my internet drops out ..... this only happens when i play games... could it be something to do with the houses wiring? 

your pc is not the issue.

What other devices are connected to the network and who uses them?

there's only 3 phones and a T-box connected to the modem as well as my pc i honestly don't think it's them causing the issue.

Maybe i'm terrible at explaining things.... whenever i play a game even with my WiFi card disabled my internet drops out ..... this only happens when i play games... could it be something to do with the houses wiring? 

how are you on the internet when your card is off, and if you're going to say an Ethernet cable, why would you even bother with a wireless card in the first place?

still got dropouts even though my computer isn't even connected to the modem 

I don't follow of course the internet is dropping out, you aren't connected to it. 

there's only 3 phones and a T-box connected to the modem as well as my pc i honestly don't think it's them causing the issue.

so 5 devices using the internet and you don't think it has anything at all to do with it dropping out?  I would disagree sir.

Modem? as in not a router? 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

how are you on the internet when your card is off, and if you're going to say an Ethernet cable, why would you even bother with a wireless card in the first place?

I don't follow of course the internet is dropping out, you aren't connected to it. 

so 5 devices using the internet and you don't think it has anything at all to do with it dropping out?  I would disagree sir.

I obviously have more than one device... i'm checking my connectivity on my phone whilst playing games and i also look at the lights on the modem. THE INTERNET DROPS OUT! only when i play games on my PC.

Re-install the drivers for the NIC on your PC.

Make sure your modem is powerful enough to even support that many devices, is your modem using DHCP for all the devices? have you tried setting your pc as the DMZ?

WE NEED MORE INFORMATION TO GIVE YOU IDEAS

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Make sure your modem is powerful enough to even support that many devices, is your modem using DHCP for all the devices? have you tried setting your pc as the DMZ?

i've reinstalled all my drivers my modem is using DHCP, my modem is easily powerful enough to handle those devices. i just set my pc as DMZ hopefully that helps 

DMZ didn't work

i also look at the lights on the modem. THE INTERNET DROPS OUT! 

So, your problem literally has nothing to do with your PC, it has to do with how many devices are using the internet. You use computer, bog it down with streaming data and it cuts out. Get a new router.

Also totally get what you were trying to say now, your modem cuts out. 

--Thread killer--

my modem is easily powerful enough to handle those devices.

either its broken, or your ISP is limiting your data. 

--Thread killer--

NETGEAR DGND3700v2 

Oh its DSL, that'd be your problem, ISP is limiting your data I'd bet

--Thread killer--

Oh its DSL, that'd be your problem, ISP is limiting your data I'd bet

I've tried three different modems and two different splitters..... the same thing happens every time. i haven't gone over my monthly data quota .

I've tried three different modems and two different splitters..... the same thing happens every time. i haven't gone over my monthly data quota .

check how much data your ISP allows to stream at once. You've done everything to rule out the PC, and now the modems, so you are left with an ISP problem, could be a wire outside messed up and when you put too much through it it gives up for a minute. I'd call your ISP and ask them to help. Otherwise I'm pretty confused. But it IS dsl right? If so that could be part of the issue, they don't always have the most reliable connection especially during peak hours, does it happen all day everyday? 

--Thread killer--

check how much data your ISP allows to stream at once. You've done everything to rule out the PC, and now the modems, so you are left with an ISP problem, could be a wire outside messed up and when you put too much through it it gives up for a minute. I'd call your ISP and ask them to help. Otherwise I'm pretty confused. But it IS dsl right? If so that could be part of the issue, they don't always have the most reliable connection especially during peak hours, does it happen all day everyday? 

It happens every time i play games regardless of the time. the connection is ADSL2+ . the only thing i know is that my ISP is currently upgrading the copper network in my area to fiber (should be finished in about 2 months) I've also called them a bunch and i know for a fact that the network is congested. I've had a technician out and showed him this issue he couldn't figure it out all his tools said my line is fine. 

my ISP is currently upgrading the copper network in my area to fiber  and i know for a fact that the network is congested. 

Yeah, i'd say this is the big part of the problem, cause when part of the network goes down when they are switching it, they route the traffic through other portions, and congest it. Add that to the fact that you are playing some pretty data intensive games, its either just getting too congested, or your ISP culls your connection to avoid collapsing the local part of your network. 

If your line is fine then I'd just chalk it up to the network. One of the big reasons I don't use DSL is issues like this. the fiber connection should be fine though once its finished. I'd still call and complain that your internet goes out 30-40 times a day and you don't know why you are paying for something that never works, and if you are lucky they will not make you pay some of it (has worked for me before, actually made them extend my payment date and comp for the time it didn't work, and i never had to pay anything extra and even got a few extra days free for the issue). Good luck! :)

--Thread killer--