Why are some people Devil Worshippers?

Overkilled

Let's say both God and the Devil don't exist. Imagine that for a second.

Isn't it just strange people getting together to do strange, pointless things?

I mean think of La Sagrada Familia, a massive pointless building in Spain, a waste of stolen money.

Think of St. Paul's Cathedral, a pile of limestone bricks complete with people indoctrinating themselves.

The Shard is a monument to human confidence and optimism moreso than any church, mosque or temple in the world.

Just in people's self-delusion they think there's more out there, a natural response to a world too extensive to process.

It shouldn't scare you. No, the world should.

Money is just an illusions anyways.

But I agree, so much effort is put into these buildings, but they are all just a waste.  Many are also hidious looking or not finished.

And never heard about 'The Shard'. Looked it up and looks kinda cool I guess

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

TKiCNM3.png

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Without any context that .gif makes no sense.

If you think I went full retard, then provide me with reasons, so that I can either defend myself or accept that I was wrong.

As things stand now, you are just calling me wrong without providing any evidence as to why I am wrong.

Edit: From the below post I can assume that you are talking about my Tooth Fairy analogy.

I fail to see what is wrong with it. 

Both Hell and the Tooth Fairy are arbitrary concepts. The existence of neither has been proven. 

Therefor, thinking about the harm one of these might do to me is very unconstructive.

It's the same reason why I don't worry about being mugged by leprechauns in my every day.

I think denying the existence of something simply because there is no proof is pretty closed minded and downright silly (not saying that is what you are doing). I do agree with you that there is no real point in worrying about something without knowing of its existence but there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

The reason why I said you went full retard (great exaggeration, I just really wanted to use that gif :P) is because I see people like you all the time, making fun of someone else's beliefs and opinions simply because you do not share them and that honestly pisses me the fuck off.

I think denying the existence of something simply because there is no proof is pretty closed minded and downright silly (not saying that is what you are doing). I do agree with you that there is no real point in worrying about something without knowing of its existence but there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

The reason why I said you went full retard (great exaggeration, I just really wanted to use that gif :P) is because I see people like you all the time, making fun of someone else's beliefs and opinions simply because you do not share them and that honestly pisses me the fuck off.

I was in now trying to make fun of anyones belief. My example wasn't meant to convey ridicule, but was mearly meant to simplify a pretty abstract point.

Since the question was directed to whoever answered it, I answered it to the best of my ability.

I don't think there is such a thing as Hell, and I see no reason to believe such a place exist without evidence supporting the existance of said place.

So relating it to something most people on agree is non-existing (the Tooth fairy) i could better covey my thoughts on the subject.

And you are more than in your right to call me a retard. I can take it. It was only the lack of reasoning behind it that I had a problem with.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Dr. Who got satan way better than christianity ever did.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Dr. Who got satan way better than christianity ever did.

That edisode was amazing oh my

Dr. Who now is now mediocre. The series premiere was disappointing.

That edisode was amazing oh my

Dr. Who now is now mediocre. The series premiere was disappointing.

Meh, like any show there are episodes you like, and episodes you don't like.

Meh, like any show there are episodes you like, and episodes you don't like.

I suppose you're right but since Matt Smith took over it's felt too geared to kids.

imo the best episode was the empty child, that was amazing.

I think denying the existence of something simply because there is no proof is pretty closed minded and downright silly (not saying that is what you are doing).

Well to be honest, isn't it more silly to try to convince people something exists without having proof of it?

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I suppose you're right but since Matt Smith took over it's felt too geared to kids.

imo the best episode was the empty child, that was amazing.

So far, I think "Listen" was the best of the newer series.

Well to be honest, isn't it more silly to try to convince people something exists without having proof of it?

Sure is but that isn't what I am doing and in fact I am completely against it.

So do you atheists except the small chance that you might go to hell? Are you scared of dying?

I'll take my chances, Not scared of dying, wake up a lot of the time dissapointed that I didn't die in my sleep. 

Sure is but that isn't what I am doing and in fact I am completely against it.

Haha, in that case it's kinda weird to say what you did, but alrighty.

I'll take my chances, Not scared of dying, wake up a lot of the time dissapointed that I didn't die in my sleep. 

That's deep dude, are you okay?

I thinks thats called being a goth not a atheist

Not really. I just want people to accept and respect other people's opinions and beliefs. It's that simple.

I thinks thats called being a goth not a atheist

Wasn't aware goth culture coincided with religious beliefs, but yeah whatever. Wouldn't class myself as a goth though. 

That's deep dude, are you okay?

I'm not going to lie and say yes, but it's nothing to worry about. I'm not going to harm myself or anything insurance wouldn't pay out if I did.