Memory speed problems

tasnaps
Go to solution Solved by leipero,

Phenom II CPU's don't support memory frequencies above 1333MHz for DDR3. That is your problem.

On the other hand, it isn't the problem, since difference is non existent for general use (or anything for that matter), and stability loss is obvious , even on CPU's that do support higher freq. RAM.

Bottom line, keep it at 1333MHz, 9-9-9-24 timings and 1.5v (auto).

I'm having a weird RAM issue with my Kingston hyperX blue memory, I have 4x2gb of it. It is supposed to be as fast as 1600mhz, but at BIOS it is 1333mhz.

I have tried to change it to 1600mhz with 1.65V which is the default voltage, and for some reason it was set to 1.5V. I can't get it to boot with RAMs default settings.

I also have overclocked my CPU @ 3.8 ghz, though I don't this has anything to do with it.

Here is CPU-Z validation http://valid.canardpc.com/2886841

Any help would be appreciated  :rolleyes:

Did you use XMP?

XMP profiles doesn't always work on AMD platforms. XMP is an Intel standard so AMD board ar "guessing" the profile settings. It works most of the time, but I still recommend manuelly setting things up.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

XMP profiles doesn't always work on AMD platforms. XMP is an Intel standard so AMD board ar "guessing" the profile settings. It works most of the time, but I still recommend manuelly setting things up.

It have always worked for me  ;)

It have always worked for me  ;)

It usually works for me too, but I stopped letting the board set the profile aftet one decided my RAM needed 2.16v

Did you use XMP?

the timing and speed usually work fine, its the voltage they use that usually needs to be increased.

Your memory is running as it's intended to.

If you were using just one kit 2X2GB you would have no problem running it @ 1600Mhz but since you are likely using two kits your Mbo does not let you adjust the frequency.

It might work if you up the voltage but I do not recommend it since you're already over than 1.5v which is recommended for your set up.

Corsair 800D - Corsair HX 1000 - Gigabyte X58A-UD5 - Intel Core i7 975 Extreme - Corsair H100 - Palit GTX 480 - 12GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz - Samsung 830 240GB - Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23" IPS

The timings were 9-9-9-24-33 and i changed them to 8-8-8-24-32 these are default timings.

XMP? I found out that it will automatically set your ram timings and voltages to optimal settings, but it is for Intel only? 

XMP? I found out that it will automatically set your ram timings and voltages to optimal settings, but it is for Intel only? 

It is an Intel standard, but most AMD board are able to read them. Just remember to set your voltage manually, if it isn't right 

Phenom II CPU's don't support memory frequencies above 1333MHz for DDR3. That is your problem.

On the other hand, it isn't the problem, since difference is non existent for general use (or anything for that matter), and stability loss is obvious , even on CPU's that do support higher freq. RAM.

The CPU might not but the chipset should just like how Ivy and Haswell are native 1600mhz.

The CPU might not but the chipset should just like how Ivy and Haswell are native 1600mhz.

Yes, but since Phenom II CPU's use IMC, chipset isn't  that much important, but yes, chipset supports up to 2133 or more natively.

I know this has already been solved but just a note hyperx blu always defaults to 1333mhz, if you upgade your cpu remember that you have to upclock the ram to get it to 1600mhz.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q