Why are all smartphone cases so ugly or impractical?

Windows2000

So I'm currently in a market for a case for my Note 5, but I've constantly noticed that there aren't good cases in the market at the moment. For example, cases that offer "military grade" drop protection are all ugly. Meanwhile, the prettier solutions like a metal bumper case is known to cause issues with the signal. Furthermore, the slim cases that look the best offer little to no protection at all. Even if Samsung's genuine cases look the best, they are nkt worth the price, especially if they offer no protection.

Why are all the cases so broken? I'm planning to settle with this case with a tempered glass screen protector.http://veruscase.com/device/samsung-cases/samsung-galaxy-note-5-cases/verus-samsung-galaxy-note-5-case-crystal-bumper-series.html

Yeah, skinning is an option only if you're fine with your phone being vulnerable to drops.

I produce music!

The only cases I go for are ones that also serve as a wallet :)

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Well thats the problem with cases, if they protect they are bulky if not bulky they are not protective.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

bumber cases are not designed to absorb hits, but rather to take scratches and cuts for the phone. Any rubber bumper case would do the job just fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would have an otterbox case when i move a lot but for day to day use, nothing and just a natural care about things keeps my phone safe

I used to use a case all the time for my phone, but a few years back decided to go bareback with nothing on my phone and just be careful with it. I've never cracked my phone screen since! 

I'd just go for a tempered glass screen protector and maybe a skin if you really want to keep your phone from being scratched.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

My moto g 2n ed. has a flip case that is made by motorola and it protected my phone perfectly during three months of farm work! The case now looks like crap, but my phone is perfectly fine.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

i normally just get cases with the charger thing in them 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1