Chrome defaults all the websites to Spanish

Litargirio

All the websites I visit display the Spanish version by default. I changed all the settings on Google and on Chrome, but nothing. I did use to live in Spain and I did create my Google account there, but this was well over a year ago, and I changed all the setting as soon as I moved. I even got a new PC since then. But it still persists. And Youtube still defaults its location to Spain as well. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

p7laMqQ.png

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

VPN

This is an issue with Google and Chrome. It does not happen on other browsers.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

This is an issue with Google and Chrome. It does not happen on other browsers.

>uses a vpn for privacy

>uses google chrome

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

it seems like a problem with your account config, nothing to do with chrome

you may change that on your account settings (do not mistake with google chrome settings)

p.s.: what's wrong with spanish?xD

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

it seems like a problem with your account config, nothing to do with chrome

you may change that on your account settings (do not mistake with google chrome settings)

But I did change the Google account settings already. English is set as my language.

p.s.: what's wrong with spanish?xD

The issue is that all of the content I consume is in English; the websites I visit, the Twitch channels I follow, the Youtube videos I watch, etcetera. But the websites display themselves in Spanish, so I have the same website in two languages at a time, Youtube displays all the Spanish videos I don't give a fuck about, and Twitch.tv directs me to all the boring Spanish streams I don't want to watch. Trying to navigate trough content gets extremely irritating and frustrating.

No tiene nada de malo el contenido en Español, pero es que no es lo que yo quiero.

bump

Did you changed your settings both in Chrome and in your Google account?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Did you changed your settings both in Chrome and in your Google account?

Of course.

Of course.

Try deleting your cookies.

Try deleting your cookies.

I have. I even reinstalled Windows since then. This is happening since 1.5 years.

I have. I even reinstalled Windows since then. This is happening since 1.5 years.

You say it only happens with Chrome, have you tried starting up Chrome in safe mode?

You say it only happens with Chrome, have you tried starting up Chrome in safe mode?

p7laMqQ.png

Incognito mode is not the same as safe mode.

Is the OS in English? Is there ANYTHING is the language settings of Windows that is set to Spanish?

XcVVW11.jpg

Because even if I put Chrome in another language, it's still displaying pages in English for me and I know for a fact, that some applications disregard your chosen language within the application entirely and use the OS language instead, chrome might be one of those application.

Some, like Project Spark for example, was in French for me, I had to change the Format of the date to English for the game to even be in English, don't ask me why, but that's all it took.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Incognito mode is not the same as safe mode.

Ooh... how did I misread that?  :D

Anyway, I tried it, but I can't get my wireless adapter to work in safe mode (with networking).

I'll try connecting it with an ethernet cable though later when I get the time.

-snip-

There is nothing in spanish. I just reinstalled the OS a few weeks ago. As I said, only chrome does this, other browsers don't. I did check those two things though and changed the region to Austria (it was set to automatic - UK), but this had no effect.

Ooh... how did I misread that?  :D

Anyway, I tried it, but I can't get my wireless adapter to work in safe mode (with networking).

I'll try connecting it with an ethernet cable though later when I get the time.

Your wireless adapter?, I meant run Chrome in safe mode.