Random H100 bug

Hi guys,

Another slight problem with my computer is that the H100 sets all fans to 100% and they stay at 100% when I switch on my computer. But if I switch it on, then immediately back off and back on again, it will start up as it should. Anyone know what's wrong with it and how to fix it? It never used to do this, but it's been doing this for a few weeks/months now and I'm fed up of it.

Thanks in advance.

I did not have the exact same problem, I only found the start-up of the H100 too loud so I plugged the fans on the MoBo, maybe you could try this ;)

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Never had this problem myself, but I never ran them on the highest setting. But like MisterZero said, try plugging them into your motherboard.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

That is how I used to have it but I recently got a 900D and now have no fan headers left since the H100 uses one, and I have 4 other fans from the 900D plugged into the motherboard so plugging into the motherboard is not possible. It does this no matter what setting I have the H100 on, however, I usually leave it on the middle setting.

Any other ideas?

fan controller? also my h80i fans ramp up to 100% for a few seconds then go back to the custom curve i set......thats how theyve always been and i think thats normal.....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

at startup it will always do a few seconds at 100% , but if it stays like that, then it could be that the integrated fan controller is crapping out on you (if it is then you can rma it (corsair rma is really good), if its still in warranty).

Yeah, they ramp up to 100% for a bit and then calm down to whatever they're set at when they work properly. But on the first boot, they just stay at 100%.

I have no idea if it's still under warranty! I think I bought it from Amazon.co.uk over a year ago, but I have a vague recollection that it might have had 2-3 years warranty. I'll have a look when I get home.

Also recheck your molex connection from the h100, the cable itself is kinda loose in the connector (atleast on mine) and if it looses power it ramps up to 100% fan speed till it gets power again. (although that usually happened to me when the pc was fully on, but doesn't hurt to recheck it just in case)

It could well be something to do with the molex connector! I remember when I was swapping my cases about a while ago, the pins fell out of the molex connector. I put them back in in what I thought was the right way round. I unfortunately have absolutely no idea if it was, has my pump maybe been running in reverse for a few months? Or can it not work that way?