Slow Windows Boot with RAID Card

Hi guys,

I've got a bit of a problem with my computer. I had been running just fine for a few weeks with my new RAID card and I was loving the performance. Then I got a major crash with the OS and half my drivers screwed up. I managed to get back into Windows, back everything up before reformatting. It took about 10 hours of constant fiddling with my setup and different drivers to finally get my OS installed. Now, if I have my RAID card on when installing Windows, I get errors, but if I have it off, it installs just fine (using the onboard Intel SATA for my SSD). Now, when I had finished installing, I switched back on the RAID card and installed the drivers, restarted and Windows didn't appear to want to boot. After around 5 minutes of waiting, I restarted the computer. I eventually gave up and just left it on for ages and it started up Windows.

Switching off the RAID card reverts me back to super speedy SSD speeds and I boot up in ~30 seconds. BUT, all my programs and media are on the RAID that is accessed through my new RAID card. So I kinda need it to be on. With it on, it takes ~10 minutes to get from off to in Windows. This was not a problem before I had major driver failures which - as far as I'm aware - had nothing to do with the RAID card.

Anyone have any ideas why it may take so long to boot with my RAID card enabled?

If you need any more info about this to help, just ask and I'll provide what I can. (I'm at work just now, so I may not be able to get all info or try things).

Thanks in advance!

Nobody good with RAID cards and random bugs?

I'd really like to get this fixed as it wasn't an issue before.