Desk PC Build Log

A PC built into a desk makes so much sense for space saving, why hasn't this idea gone more mainstream? 

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio_category/computer-desk/

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/dk-03/

http://www.redharbinger.com/shop/cases/cross-desk-usa-only/

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

CAn anyone link me the desk he uses and the chairs they have in the office please.

CAn anyone link me the desk he uses and the chairs they have in the office please.

Unfortunately that desk is no longer available at KY local ikea so I'm not sure what it's called, but the desks we use St the office are from Maxnomic

Love the idea @LinusTech but I have to say the audio work in this video is dreadful, im having to put my TV at 3 times its normal vol in order to hear you.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Almost felt bad when Linus realized it was the wrong way, and I sat there laughing. Almost.

I live to read.

A PC built into a desk makes so much sense for space saving, why hasn't this idea gone more mainstream? 

Because to the vast majority of the world the PC is a modular appliance and it's much easier to just drop a new small tower on the desk than upgrade one under the desk.  

So I hit dislike about as often as Kim Kardasian rediscovers her virginity. I'm a techy at heart despite my career, and I'm a perfectionist at heart because of my career.

It was nice and clean up till the table flip... nice solution, it works, and it's clean... then you flip a graphics card, suck air through a hard surface, and pretend that it's going to have no impact on performance (you can even see Linus cringing, and crossing his fingers) Yes you're presenting a video and a build log for a company, but when did linus not say do what I say, not what I do?

I was thinking this seems like a perfect use case for one of those hybrid video cards with its own rad and fan and then you could just do what he did with the CPU cooler basically.  

this build was weak.  thought when they said desk build that this would have been more thought out. 

It would had been easier to check if the system if it even POST and leave the table on its back. Neat!

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

This is a pretty neat idea. I live in a very dusty area so I'd worry about additional dust due to this setup. Also, I tend to bump my knees on my desk so knowing my luck I'd break something. I could this as coming in handy for a lot of people and applications.... The look on Linus' face though when he realized it was backwards was priceless lol.

Dang! Those lian-li desks are pretty awesome. Probably way too costly though.

This is a pretty neat idea. I live in a very dusty area so I'd worry about additional dust due to this setup. Also, I tend to bump my knees on my desk so knowing my luck I'd break something. I could this as coming in handy for a lot of people and applications.... The look on Linus' face though when he realized it was backwards was priceless lol.

Dang! Those lian-li desks are pretty awesome. Probably way too costly though.

Yea the DK-03 is actually really nice but is $1299.99 for $1699 you can get a Red Harbringer which has way way more features to it. Someday...lol

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Does someone no the length on the cables linus is using? He said that he ordered custom length becuse its not a standard case.

Broadwell desktop CPU? Was I asleep, when did they even release those? I know they are last gen anyway, but I even looked through Linus' videos and he never did any videos about them. They are freaking expensive too. What benefit would a 5775c have over a 4790k other than being $100 more and 700mhz slower?

interesting theroy...

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where can I buy those things that the motherboard standoffs goes into, those things that he refers to as ´´these little puppies´´ in the video at 08:20 minutes?

Where can I buy those things that the motherboard standoffs goes into, those things that he refers to as ´´these little puppies´´ in the video at 08:20 minutes?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#brass-standoffs/=zp06b1

Just noticed they were linked up there by hk29..

..but I'm not 100% which of these are they.

My search has given me info/indication that the one's we're looking are 6-32's.

E: But it would indeed be helpful if Linus could link the actual items :)

• 3 weeks later...