Intel 750 vs Samsung 850 Pro / Evo

danielhowk

Planning on buying intel 750 NVMe 400 GB

or the Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB

or the samsung 850 Evo 512 GB

Which is faster ? i usually just game and browse the internet.

i know gaming doesnt help with the fps but faster ssd will help with loads time.

out of the 3 SSD which is the fastest for daily usage ? ( gaming and browsing the internet)

the fastest is the 750. That's the fastest *edit:* CONSUMER drive on the planet right now. But it's completely impractical for consumers. You will notice no difference in load times vs a normal SSD, it'll be instantaneous with any of those drives.

850 Evo - not a noticeable different really

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

so... i game off of a 7200RPM HDD, and in nearly every online game i join i'm first to load...

on paper it seems intel 750 to be fastest.

but apparently there are times where the samsung evo / pro beats the intel 750 in game load times.

im just worried after getting the intel 750 and is actually slower than samsung evo and pro. for gaming load times and browsing.

the fastest is the 750. That's the fastest drive on the planet right now. But it's completely impractical for consumers. You will notice no difference in load times vs a normal SSD, it'll be instantaneous with any of those drives.

it's not the fastest drive on the planet. it is the fastest consumer drive our currently. there are many enterprise drives that are faster. I believe there was a samsung specifically.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

it's not the fastest drive on the planet. it is the fastest consumer drive our currently. there are many enterprise drives that are faster. I believe there was a samsung specifically.

well, derp, OP isn't going to be buying enterprise drives for loading games, is he?

well, derp, OP isn't going to be buying enterprise drives for loading games, is he?

no, but you statement was inaccurate. :P

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

yeah just comparing affordable ssd .

no enterprise ssd :S

is intel 750 going to be slower than samsung 850 pro/ evo . besides the boot time ?

yeah just comparing affordable ssd .

no enterprise ssd :S

is intel 750 going to be slower than samsung 850 pro/ evo . besides the boot time ?

The 750 will not be slower, however there may be a very minimal difference between it and other drives. I would either go with the EVO and save some money or the 750 for the fun of it/bragging rights.

The 750 will not be slower, however there may be a very minimal difference between it and other drives. I would either go with the EVO and save some money or the 750 for the fun of it/bragging rights.

why do people get intel 750 if is not for normal consumer ? even though people cant tell the speed difference.

For most use cases they will be nearly the same with the 850 being quicker in boots and the 750 being faster with deeper queue depths.

Just go with the 850

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

For most use cases they will be nearly the same with the 850 being quicker in boots and the 750 being faster with deeper queue depths.

Just go with the 850

is intel750 gonna upgrade their firmware eventually. to reduce the boot times ?

For gaming / browsing the intel 750 is totally OP. Go for it if you allready have 4-way titan x, but otherwise you are better off with a 1 TB 850 evo/pro for the same price.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

850 Evo/Pro. The thing with the Intel 750 is it's to enlarge your e-peen. For the CONSUMER you won't notice much difference in real-life scenarios. However, if you are a PROSUMER you will notice the difference, and a lot. We are talking if what you do at your house day-to-day is a big data job (photo, 3d, etc.) you know what I mean.

But for the 50/50 gaming + casual user... Intel 750 is a WAAASTE. I say, for price and practicality go Samsung EVO or Pro.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

For gaming / browsing the intel 750 is totally OP. Go for it if you allready have 4-way titan x, but otherwise you are better off with a 1 TB 850 evo/pro for the same price.

850 Evo/Pro. The thing with the Intel 750 is it's to enlarge your e-peen. For the CONSUMER you won't notice much difference in real-life scenarios. However, if you are a PROSUMER you will notice the difference, and a lot. We are talking if what you do at your house day-to-day is a big data job (photo, 3d, etc.) you know what I mean.

But for the 50/50 gaming + casual user... Intel 750 is a WAAASTE. I say, for price and practicality go Samsung EVO or Pro.

evo and pro is about the same speed. but in write pro is faster. 

the terms write is writing a data from my samsung ssd850 pro to another by copy and paste right ?

evo and pro is about the same speed. but in write pro is faster. 

the terms write is writing a data from my samsung ssd850 pro to another by copy and paste right ?

No, copying data TO the 850 is write to the SSD.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

so when i play games or browse the internet. do i prefer read speed or write speed ?

No, copying data TO the 850 is write to the SSD.

so when i play games or browse the internet. do i prefer read speed or write speed ?

Read speed.

But since you have only smal data transfers the IOPS are more important than the sequencial speed.

But even the 90 000 IOPS of the EVO is waaaaay overkill for browsing. Don't get the Intel 750 for your usage despite of the higher IOPS.....

Planning on buying intel 750 NVMe 400 GB

or the Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB

or the samsung 850 Evo 512 GB

Which is faster ? i usually just game and browse the internet.

i know gaming doesnt help with the fps but faster ssd will help with loads time.

out of the 3 SSD which is the fastest for daily usage ? ( gaming and browsing the internet)

Nvme drives have slower boot times. Either Sara ssd will boot faster so for most cases the Samsung ones are better. But if you need large sequential speeds Intel is better

Write speeds help in applications, in gaming- read speeds would be your loading, and write speeds would be saving- especially large data.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)