Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marto

[Project] Direct- Complete

Yeah I know, I'm still deciding what voltage I'm going to aim for, I'll just stick to that voltage and push the multiplier as much as I can with it I suppose, I'm thinking about 1.4-1.42ish will be the limit I'ld be comfortable pushing it too then just see what OC I can hit with that. I also chose the low voltage memory kit so that interferes less with my OC, however small of a difference that may make.

I still haven't run the dellided CPU for anything more than just a quick boot to make sure it was still running well so I've no idea if it's going to be a decent overclocker or not. If I can't push a crazy high OC I might just sit it at 4.5Ghz and go for super low temps. Time will tell though :D

My 3770K runs 1.19v @ 4.5ghz. Load temps are 65 on prime with a Amb of 33c. Urs should be better.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Looking really good man!  Are those fittings for the primochill hard tubing?

Thanks mate! And yeah they are, I've got the tubing on pre order and should be at my doorstep in just over 2 weeks :)

I couldn't find the right dimension tubing anywhere in Australia, I also was looking at some 9mm id/11mm od and sand it down to give the same smoked plexi effect that the midplate has.

My 3770K runs 1.19v @ 4.5ghz. Load temps are 65 on prime with a Amb of 33c. Urs should be better.

Yeah temps weren't my main worry, more so the erratic voltages that Haswell needs for high OC's. I'm personaly hoping to hit in the ballpark of 5Ghz as the cooling should handle it fine, particularly with direct on die. Although I wouldn't be comfortable with anything above 1.42v on the core which is what many people are pushing to hit high OC's on haswell. Hopefully I've got a good chip and can hit 5Ghz, otherwise I'll sit it at 4.5 and go as low as I can with voltage. Time will tell though :D

[Project] Direct Build log- http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/45117-project-direct/#entry592575

Twitter- @MartoLTT

Thanks mate! And yeah they are, I've got the tubing on pre order and should be at my doorstep in just over 2 weeks :)

I couldn't find the right dimension tubing anywhere in Australia, I also was looking at some 9mm id/11mm od and sand it down to give the same smoked plexi effect that the midplate has.

Yeah temps weren't my main worry, more so the erratic voltages that Haswell needs for high OC's. I'm personaly hoping to hit in the ballpark of 5Ghz as the cooling should handle it fine, particularly with direct on die. Although I wouldn't be comfortable with anything above 1.42v on the core which is what many people are pushing to hit high OC's on haswell. Hopefully I've got a good chip and can hit 5Ghz, otherwise I'll sit it at 4.5 and go as low as I can with voltage. Time will tell though :D

Gl, i've been wanting to change my tube to that hard tube for a while now, have yet to get around to doing it tho.  Looks really a lot better than the limp tube.  keep up the good work man! gl w/ getting a binned cpu too ;)

Righto guys, Just a minor update, But I've started on my side panel window. The pics are just of the initial cut I've made, I'm currently attacking it with a file to get the corners right then will be sanding it down and spraying it all in a matte black so it matches the case again, Then I'll be taking the Bill Owens approach and covering the edge with U channel molding and sticking the plexi window on with some Scotch 4010 to finish her up.

It's nothing too fancy, but I went with this design as it's simple and elegant which is the look I've tried to carry throughout the build, The corners will probably be alot tighter than they currently are though, It's tough getting curves done with a dremmel :) I'll put up some more photos of the progress on it in a few days. I should really be studying for my tests and doing my assignments instead of working on this :P

QGQ9Enw.jpg

X1LVW6R.jpg

sORNJPH.jpg

[Project] Direct Build log- http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/45117-project-direct/#entry592575

Twitter- @MartoLTT

is it hard to cut a side panel ? what tools did u used ?

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

is it hard to cut a side panel ? what tools did u used ?

It's pretty easy mate, I just used a dremmel to make the initial cut into the panel. But I'm in the process of using a file to shave back the panel to a better shape, then I usually sand back the panel and re paint it, and I also use U channel molding over the top to clean everything up before I actually stick the window on :)

It's best to use a jigsaw for things such as side panels though, It will make the cut alot cleaner and save you a ton of time filing back the panel :)

EDIT- I would have used a jigsaw but most of my tools are back at my parents house as I have little to no storage living in student shared housing, I also use my bedroom as a shed which isn't really advisable either :P

Twitter- @MartoLTT

Nice progress, I liek the black and white colour scheme, what colour dye will you be using?

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback :D

Right now I'm in a toss up of going either just Mayhems pastel ice white, a pastel white/UV purple mix, Straight UV purple or even just a clear liquid.

i've got 4 bottles of clear EK liquid lying around and i think the clean aesthetic would really suit the build so I'm leaning towards that, the white I think would become to much of a stand out feature of sorts, same goes for a pastel purple combo. A transparent purple I feel would suit the build, but if I were to do so I'ld re-sleeve some of the cables in the middle of each of the connectors purple to suit, which I'm still tossing up over, the further I get into the build the more I've been leaning towards clear coolant though :) Input is welcome!

Twitter- @MartoLTT

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback :D

Right now I'm in a toss up of going either just Mayhems pastel ice white, a pastel white/UV purple mix, Straight UV purple or even just a clear liquid.

i've got 4 bottles of clear EK liquid lying around and i think the clean aesthetic would really suit the build so I'm leaning towards that, the white I think would become to much of a stand out feature of sorts, same goes for a pastel purple combo. A transparent purple I feel would suit the build, but if I were to do so I'ld re-sleeve some of the cables in the middle of each of the connectors purple to suit, which I'm still tossing up over, the further I get into the build the more I've been leaning towards clear coolant though :) Input is welcome!

I would have chosen white myself, especially since this is a rather small loop and I like monochrome builds, but transparent UV would also look nice... damn that's a hard choice to make without actually trying each colour :lol:.

I would have chosen white myself, especially since this is a rather small loop and I like monochrome builds, but transparent UV would also look nice... damn that's a hard choice to make without actually trying each colour :lol:.

Yeah I know :/ Which is why I'm umm'ing and arh'ing over what color to chose. I feel a transparent coolant will be a better choice though, as I'm going to have two bars of acrylic tubing running from top to bottom of the case on the window side and parallel to each other which will stand out alot, but I don't want one specific part of the build to stand out more than others which is why I'm steering away from the opaque coolants ATM even though I love Mayhems pastel white so much (particularly in plexi EK blocks), and I'm also not sure if I should take away from the black/white theme I've currently got going with purple coolant/cables thrown in as I'm going for simple and elegant looks. I suppose I still have a while to make a decision before my tubing actually arrives and I install it though which will help me make a decision before it comes time to fill the loop :)

Ah decisions decisions.....

Twitter- @MartoLTT

one of the problems with paracord is that it's a little hard to get it to look consolidated (unlike good quality PET) so what I suggest is, stitch those wires together! :)

Google franks's stitching tutorials. :)

one of the problems with paracord is that it's a little hard to get it to look consolidated (unlike good quality PET) so what I suggest is, stitch those wires together! :)

Google franks's stitching tutorials. :)

I've previously stitched wires together are was quite happy with the result. But in this case the plexi glass midplate I made effectively serves the same purpose as stitching cables together. I'm currently in the process of training the cables so they appear cleaner and will sit in a pattern I'm happy with, I've almost reached the desired result :)

I do love good quality PET on a high end build like this though I'm not a fan of heatshrink, Paracord is much easier to do heatshrinkless than PET is, i also have quite the stockpile of paracord lying around, Both factors being why I chose this option rather than ordering in some PET :)

Thank you for the input though :D

Twitter- @MartoLTT

Man marto im loving this build. I will absolutely follow this with great intent. Before seeing this i didn't even know that Delid cooling was possible.

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Are you going to be covering the cut with u channel trim?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Are you going to be covering the cut with u channel trim?

I've filled back the panel alot better than what it is in the photos and still have to paint it, So if the end result is good I won't be using U channel on it. But I do have some lying around so I'll see what looks best after the panel is finished :)

Man marto im loving this build. I will absolutely follow this with great intent. Before seeing this i didn't even know that Delid cooling was possible.

And thanks a ton mate :) appreciate the feedback!

Yeah it's still kind of a little known fact for alot of users out there I suppose. Hopefully the end result reaps the rewards I'm hoping for :) I'll be getting all my acrylic tubing either today or early tomorrow too so stay tuned and hopefully I'll have some more progress up for you guys soon :D

Twitter- @MartoLTT

Looking nice man keep it up!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Nice progress so far :).  Can't wait to see the finished product  :) !

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Alright, Not so much an update but instead I wanted you guys to voice an opinion.

I've ordered some clear Primochill tubing and that will be here by early next week, But since I'm holding onto the blue tube I put some in there to get an idea of the colour under the lighting and see how I would like it. But for the life of me I can't decide if I like it or not :/ Opinions?

Sorry for the terrible photo quality too guys, Lighting is horrible in my room.

GcsT24U.jpg

Twitter- @MartoLTT

personally I like blue... I'm considering sticking my rig on craigslist to see if I can sell it and do a blue/black themed build...

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

personally I like blue... I'm considering sticking my rig on craigslist to see if I can sell it and do a blue/black themed build...

I love black and blue themed builds, But I had in mind for this build to stick with blacks, greys and whites. I can see either clear tubing or this tubing both turning out well, I'm just in two minds about it. Slowly leaning towards blue tubing :) Thank you for the input!

What kind of money would a build go for on craigslist second hand? I've personally only done new rigs for people and never actually looked into selling off my old components or builds :)

Twitter- @MartoLTT

I love black and blue themed builds, But I had in mind for this build to stick with blacks, greys and whites. I can see either clear tubing or this tubing both turning out well, I'm just in two minds about it. Slowly leaning towards blue tubing :) Thank you for the input!

What kind of money would a build go for on craigslist second hand? I've personally only done new rigs for people and never actually looked into selling off my old components or builds :)

not really sure, I've never actually sold a full build on CL before, just individual parts.  But looking that the local listings, all the gaming comps listed were priced well above what they'd actually be worth.  idk if they actually (I used actually 2 times in 7 words, I feel like JJ) sell or not, but if get back what I put into my comp or maybe lose a bill or 2 I'd be ok with it.  But I'm not even sure if I'm gonna do it... prolly won't to be honest

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's