Sometimes the Retailers Annoy Me

Kevguy

My favorite retailer for computer parts currently has the ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX on "sale" for $445 saying it is $20 off.

I bought the same component from them about 1.5 months ago for $410  on "sale" and it was advertised as $30 off.

It makes me wonder how often I am actually being ripped off?

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

Always check the MSRP, then go about 20 dollars under that. That's usually the default price.

My favorite retailer for computer parts currently has the ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX on "sale" for $445 saying it is $20 off.

I bought the same component from them about 1.5 months ago for $410  on "sale" and it was advertised as $30 off.

It makes me wonder how often I am actually being ripped off?

Well. Retailers don't always get the same product for the same price.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Classic marketing scheme you really need to see price trends to know the true retail price

or just find the msrp from the og manufacturers site

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

HOW DARE RETAILERS MAKE MONEY. WHAT IS THIS.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Most retailers in the U.S. Price match, just go on your favorite component online retailer and show them the price and they will match it. You might have to pay tax but will not have to pay shipping.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Check the Pcpartpicker.com price graph. It'll show you all of the retailers and their respective prices for the item. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

-snip-

You know...a GTX 970 is around $500 USD here in Serbia, and the STRIX around $700 USD. Probably why I don't buy PC parts at all. Worst thing is, it's cheaper to buy from these bastards than to order from eBay because import charges and taxes. Amazon doesn't even ship here...bastards...

As for your question, if you can buy online.